52 replies to this topic
lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

The temporary fix for the infinite loading screen issue

Okay, since people are yapping about how Rockstar didn't fix this issue, this topic is being temporarily pinned until Rockstar sorts this problem out.

There was a fix for this since day one, and it's really simple;
What you have to do is disconnect from the Internet, or even better, sign out from the PlayStation Network/XBOX LIVE.

You can use BAWSAQ (witch only works if you're signed in), by singing in while the game is loaded, you can save your game and do anything you wish, you just cannot load another savefile until you restart the game.
  • stjimmy3 and svlasov like this

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Well posted Lol232, there's many a topic focusing on this issue.

Pinned, For The Win(ned).

To clarify, you must sign out from your online service before starting the game, then, as stated above, you can sign back in. This grants you all the online SP functions you would have normally (BAWSAQ, Snapmatic, random events / collectibles / stunt jumps etc all recorded on social club).

In addition, you can un-install the 1.08 patch, and the 1.09 patch (as despite being released today, it does not fix this widely reported issue...) and play SP as normal, but obviously you need the latest patch if you wish to play GTA Online.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

To clarify, you must sign out from your online service before starting the game, then, as stated above, you can sign back in. This grants you all the online SP functions you would have normally (BAWSAQ, Snapmatic, random events / collectibles / stunt jumps etc all recorded on social club).

In addition, you can un-install the 1.08 patch, and the 1.09 patch (as despite being released today, it does not fix this widely reported issue...) and play SP as normal, but obviously you need the latest patch if you wish to play GTA Online.

Well the problem is, for the PS3 version, at least for me, If I log in back into online the issue is back for me (IE I started up the game offline, and logged in and tried to load another save and I couldn't). Are you using X360?

RustedTruck650
  • RustedTruck650

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by RustedTruck650, 11 January 2014 - 11:29 PM.

So, I just signed up today to find help here and saw this new thread which I thought it would work but it didn't, at least the signing in when the game was done loading part didn't work. My game keeps loading forever after retrying story mission and going back to regular single player. I guess I have to uninstall the 1.09 patch? I've never had this problem before and I haven't played offline in a couple of weeks so uninstalling patch 1.08 probably won't be nessesary.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

So, I just signed up today to find help here and saw this new thread which I thought it would work but it didn't, at least the signing in when the game was done loading part didn't work. My game keeps loading forever after retrying story mission and going back to regular single player. I guess I have to uninstall the 1.09 patch? I've never had this problem before and I haven't played offline in a couple of weeks so uninstalling patch 1.09 probably won't be nessesary.

You should try to completely turn off the Internet and then try loading. See if that works.

RustedTruck650
  • RustedTruck650

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

ill try that.

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Well the problem is, for the PS3 version, at least for me, If I log in back into online the issue is back for me (IE I started up the game offline, and logged in and tried to load another save and I couldn't). Are you using X360?

Im on PS3 too, both platforms seem to be affected.

Agreed, signing back on to your online service will cause the problem to re-occur. Some online aspect of the 'Christmas Gift' seems to be the source of the problem.

So, I just signed up today to find help here and saw this new thread which I thought it would work but it didn't, at least the signing in when the game was done loading part didn't work. My game keeps loading forever after retrying story mission and going back to regular single player. I guess I have to uninstall the 1.09 patch? I've never had this problem before and I haven't played offline in a couple of weeks so uninstalling patch 1.08 probably won't be nessesary.

The problem affects replaying missions as well as previous saved games, the 1.08 patch is the source of the problem.

If you want to keep playing GTAO, you have to stick with 1.09. If you want to dip into SP, log out of your online service, start the game, then log back in.

(But be aware you won't be able to load previous saves or replay missions)

RustedTruck650
  • RustedTruck650

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

Ok, so the internet related aid didn't do anything, my game still had the same issue. I'm going to find out hot to uninstall patches and get rid of 1.09 and 1.08 right? I'm trying to achieve my only trophy left in gta which requires me to get gold in 70 missions so i'm not worried about online.

• frankfjm88 likes this

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

Ok, so the internet related aid didn't do anything, my game still had the same issue. I'm going to find out hot to uninstall patches and get rid of 1.09 and 1.08 right? I'm trying to achieve my only trophy left in gta which requires me to get gold in 70 missions so i'm not worried about online.

That will probably work too.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:24 PM Edited by PyramidHead88, 12 January 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Just found Rockstar's advice on the issue. Change you DNS to open, if that doesn't work reinstall the latest patch. They're not looking into it because the problem is on our end apparently. I f***ing hate these guys!

• RominOctane likes this

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Just found Rockstar's advice on the issue. Change you DNS to open, if that doesn't work reinstall the latest patch. They're not looking into it because the problem is on our end apparently. I f***ing hate these guys!

Well, I might as well try that.

Twiztidone419
  • Twiztidone419

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

I've tried going offline it still freezes is there any fix that works?

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Twiztidone419, have you signed out/gone offline before starting the game? If you haven't try it. Works fine here. 

This is a workaround to allow you to play SP as before, but not a fix, as you still cannot reload previous saves, or replay missions. (Which may make it hard to achieve gold on replays offline, as social club will not be linked to record it).

I have, myself, re-installed the entire game, and all patches when this problem first surfaced. It doesn't solve it.

My internet settings are unchanged since it started happening (around 25th of december Ho Ho Ho). 

This is not a problem on my, or any other players end, and it's preventing new players from starting SP games.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:57 PM Edited by PyramidHead88, 12 January 2014 - 10:57 PM.

This is not a problem on my, or any other players end, and it's preventing new players from starting SP games.

I know this but it seems R* (Once again) doesn't give a ****. As long as the online portion runs they're happy. We have the infinite loading glitch, Internet glitch, car spawning problems and missions not appearing. Yet they refuse to address any of it! They had better get their act together before that SP DLC drops.

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:44 PM Edited by fnxrak, 14 January 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Ok so they don't want to fix it??? It's easy, I want my money back. I didn't buy a game that doesn't load savegames properly and I definitely haven't bought GTAO I bought GTA V.  All was fine until they decided to give us a cold day in hell.

I advice everyone else that is having the same issues to do the same and let's see what they say about it.

They had the biggest sale of all-time, we will give them the biggest money back of all-time.

Sorry I take back on my behalf as the problem seems to be fixed.

iainspad
  • iainspad

(Sorry for bad grammar I'm at kfc)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by iainspad, 15 January 2014 - 10:57 PM.

Just had this happen right now...CHRIST.

There goes my night of Online before maintenance...

EDIT: tried all the above, hasn't worked. I can't imagine any of this being good for my PS3.

Should I sign out, start the game, quit, sign in, and start the game again?

Also, has anyone had this resolved by itself?

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Amateur Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

EDIT: tried all the above, hasn't worked. I can't imagine any of this being good for my PS3.

This still happens to me as well - The loading screen goes for a good 15 minutes, until the art simply stops moving and it gets completely stuck. If I just quit the game without logging off or shutting off my console, I can just load it up again perfectly fine. This only happens when I come back from replaying a mission, I may add, so I'd avoid doing that if it's been giving you trouble as well. 

• iainspad likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

This still happens to me as well - The loading screen goes for a good 15 minutes, until the art simply stops moving and it gets completely stuck. If I just quit the game without logging off or shutting off my console, I can just load it up again perfectly fine. This only happens when I come back from replaying a mission, I may add, so I'd avoid doing that if it's been giving you trouble as well. 

Does that to me when it gets to the second art piece and it's mad annoying, because the PS3 gives no sign of life it's checking the HDD as it usually would, so it's hard to clinch if it's the console or the game, though I think it's more the game.

Hopefully this will be patched.

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

Had this issue after the Holiday update, then installing patch 1.09 seemed to fix it for a few days ( and the game was playing great at the time ) but then after a couple of days the issue came back.

I know of the logging out, so you can still reload old saves, but still this issue should get fixed.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

I honestly don't have any issues above, what I usually do is Log Out before booting the game and it just work fine for me. I didn't even unplug the ethernet cable.

PyramidHead88
  • PyramidHead88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

R* still claiming it's not on their end. They are the dirt worst.

• Ixnay likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

So when you are signed out, you can still load old saves and save them?

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Yes.

Thankfully the save files seem unaffected & uncorrupted.

While signed out, you can load games, missions etc., pretty much play as you could before.

Downside is, no BAWSAQ, Snapmatic or RS social club access.

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:48 AM Edited by iainspad, 17 January 2014 - 12:49 AM.

Yes.

Thankfully the save files seem unaffected & uncorrupted.

While signed out, you can load games, missions etc., pretty much play as you could before.

Downside is, no BAWSAQ, Snapmatic or RS social club access.

Tried it earlier; it worked. Managed to load a save unaffected with the internet glitch so I can play Online easier. :D

Thanks for the tips, you guys are lifesavers. :-)

melodicmizery
  • melodicmizery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

seems like the newest patch has made this happen for me. now when i try to load a save, or replay a mission when it reloads my checkpoint it gets stuck and then i lose everything. i was sick and tired of this game in november. i gave it MONTHS off. i come back to even more errors. ive said this a million times, never going to buy another gta game again. they nee to either put less stuff in this game or just not make it at all with the amount of time ive spent on searching how to fix these errors and making this game playable

MrSonky
  • MrSonky

GTA Fanboy

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:54 AM

I'm having the same issues for PS3 only when I choose to replay a mission. After the mission, it infinitely loads my checkpoint. Does this mean I have to disconnect my internet/sign out of PSN before attempting to retry missions? Has anyone tried that yet?

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Yes, unfortunately this issue affects replaying missions as well as attempting to reload previous saves.

Signing out before starting GTA will let you replay previous missions, pretty sure you can sign back in to PSN once you choose the mission you want. But obviously this will make the problem reoccur, if you want to replay any different missions...

Still needs fixing folks.

• lol232 and MrSonky like this

MrSonky
  • MrSonky

GTA Fanboy

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

"... Signing out before starting GTA will let you replay previous missions, pretty sure you can sign back in to PSN once you choose the mission you want.... "

Thanks KeepCalm and CarryGun, that worked for me. Basically had to save the game, exit back to the PS3 XMB screen. Sign out of PSN/Turn off my internet, load up GTA 5 again and replaying missions worked after that.

Reapermatt
  • Reapermatt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for this! You have saved me having to restart the game every time I wanted to replay!
Fingers crossed R* will add this to the list of fixes that need to happen! :)
  • lol232 likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:30 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 25 January 2014 - 11:30 PM.

It seems that this has moved on Xbox too. I re-installed the patches and when I tried to load the game, the artworks froze. Console did not crash but save never loaded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users