38 replies to this topic
saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Life in the Big City

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

The trailers can blow up?

I know I did that mission last night before the patch, and the spawns were seemingly infinite then.  (I took out at least 7 SUV's)

But I just waited until I had a few seconds between spawns to hook up the trailer and took off.  Like all trailer missions, they shoot at the trailer but it does no damage to me.  Acts as a nice bullet blocker.

I did that mission solo a week or so ago, and I got a trailer jammed up and could not move it, so I had to get out and start defending against the SUVs of thugs that kept coming.  It seemed like the supply of SUVs was infinite back then, so I don't know if this mission has changed. 

I was actually having a lot of fun killing each new wave of one or two SUVs as they came up to me, but soon the street was littered with SUVs plus a few blown-up cars that got caught in the crossfire, and the game eventually crashed, probably because the total number of vehicles and dead guys overran some database memory allocation.  :colgate:

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

the infinite spawning hordes work to your advantage though.

You get rp points for every enemy you kill that racks up pretty quick when you're facing off with respawning enemies, there is a cap however for leveling up eventually a message pops up that says you've reached the set amount of rp for this mission but the enemies continue to respawn.

I haven't checked to see if they respawn infinitely or not but what I did to make this occur is I hopped into the truck than hopped back out left the truck where it was and then had the marine gang chase me all over los santos including into a bank downtown, shoout was intense!

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

This is placebo. They always respawned before this patch or the ones before.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

Infinite enemies sounds better, I just wish they'd make the RP payout worth playing.

gtarmanrob
  • gtarmanrob

Aussie Made

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

Wait til you try Stocks and Scares solo ;)

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

I noticed now after this latest patch that a lot of missions now have instant, infinitely respawning enemies which makes them incredibly frustrating and IMO unplayable at least if you don't have someone else in a vehicle behind you giving you cover/back up.  I just failed the mission "Four Trailers" after fighting off about 300 infinite back-up enemies that kept showing up in SUVS because they blew up the 2nd trailer right before I got to Lester's warehouse.

It's nearly impossible now not to get vehicles/trailers/etc destroyed on missions where you get chased by infinitely spawning enemies in faster vehicles. As soon as the trailer blew up I just had to ragequit the game it felt like I was playing a broken game from 1998.

Before these spawns were limited and you could pull over and fight the 5 or so SUV's that would pull up, but now they chase you forever, and the most annoying thing is as soon as you shoot one car another one immediately spawns like 20 feet in front of you out of thin air even if you're on a mountaintop in Blaine County.

It seems really unrealistic that you would have 9,9999,99999,99999X infinity enemies showing up because you stole one trailer!

Umm the point is to require cooperative gameplay so that you cant just solo every mission by finding a cherry spot for eliminating all the brain dead npc's that run in front your crosshairs until they are all gone and then you go do the mission uncontested.

Verdict: Working as designed

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

@manrob

tough bro but not impossible. You have to be quick at picking the door lock and opening the safe after that you get the hell outta there backup is four merryweather black mesa jeeps kill or doge them than go to lesters.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

Four trailers is supposed to send endless enemies until you deliver the trailer. Shoot the guys at the trailers and get into one of the trucks as soon as possible and get it rolling. Once you are on the road the jeeps will be hitting the back which cause little to no damage. Don't worry about shooting, just drive. 

As for Mixed up with coke, the enemies have always spawned after the first cement truck is destroyed. You have probably never been close enough to their spawn point. (near the gas station and on the freeway)

These missions were like this prepatch.

Thanks for clarifying, it must have been glitched the first time I did the mission then because that time only about 5 SUV's came which I killed before taking the first trailer.  After killling them I was able to go about the rest of the mission without being attacked, but yeah just now when I tried I spent like an hour just having fun killing enemies but was so mad when they blew up the 2nd trailer right before I got to the warehouse.

I think you're right that for that mission you just have to kill the first few guys by the trailers and immediately gun it out of there, my mistake was staying back and fighting them by the hundreds, I think the trucks probably took too much damage while I was doing that.  Just a lousy mission then, will avoid it in the future.

There are a few missions where if you aren't fast, you spend needless time killing extra repawns. Los Santos Connection is a perfect example. At the end the enemy respawns are supposed to prevent you from blowing up the dealer making you chase the plane. If you sticky bomb the plane before getting to the hanger you can simply blow the plane up mid air and head to Madrazo's. (#PROTIPBYTreFacTor)

Or just throw a cheap grenade to blow up the plane before you even reach the hangar in case you die and can't detonate a sticky,fun mission though.  With Mixed up, I just stand on my car at two fence spots and rocket each cement truck, (a taller vehicle is better.)  Than sticky the others, usually the result is my destroying each truck when I have a whole team shooting at enemies or attempting to get one truck in with a buzzard.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Four trailers is supposed to send endless enemies until you deliver the trailer. Shoot the guys at the trailers and get into one of the trucks as soon as possible and get it rolling. Once you are on the road the jeeps will be hitting the back which cause little to no damage. Don't worry about shooting, just drive. 

As for Mixed up with coke, the enemies have always spawned after the first cement truck is destroyed. You have probably never been close enough to their spawn point. (near the gas station and on the freeway)

These missions were like this prepatch.

Thanks for clarifying, it must have been glitched the first time I did the mission then because that time only about 5 SUV's came which I killed before taking the first trailer.  After killling them I was able to go about the rest of the mission without being attacked, but yeah just now when I tried I spent like an hour just having fun killing enemies but was so mad when they blew up the 2nd trailer right before I got to the warehouse.

I think you're right that for that mission you just have to kill the first few guys by the trailers and immediately gun it out of there, my mistake was staying back and fighting them by the hundreds, I think the trucks probably took too much damage while I was doing that.  Just a lousy mission then, will avoid it in the future.

There are a few missions where if you aren't fast, you spend needless time killing extra repawns. Los Santos Connection is a perfect example. At the end the enemy respawns are supposed to prevent you from blowing up the dealer making you chase the plane. If you sticky bomb the plane before getting to the hanger you can simply blow the plane up mid air and head to Madrazo's. (#PROTIPBYTreFacTor)

Or just throw a cheap grenade to blow up the plane before you even reach the hangar in case you die and can't detonate a sticky,fun mission though.  With Mixed up, I just stand on my car at two fence spots and rocket each cement truck, (a taller vehicle is better.)  Than sticky the others, usually the result is my destroying each truck when I have a whole team shooting at enemies or attempting to get one truck in with a buzzard.

I like to casually walk out the hangar while everyone is rushing to the buzzard falling all over the place and watch the plane nose dive just as these overzealous players are getting the craft leveled. Booom! They can shoot at each other trying to beat each other to Madrazo's and I'll take a nice ride. Either they make it saving me the trip or I call for my frogger and fly there myself. That is if they haven't managed to blow up the coke ending the mission prematurely as they almost always do. Which is why I do it with crew or solo only now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users