Photo

Patch has ruined a bunch of missions

38 replies to this topic
bootymattress
  • bootymattress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

I noticed now after this latest patch that a lot of missions now have instant, infinitely respawning enemies which makes them incredibly frustrating and IMO unplayable at least if you don't have someone else in a vehicle behind you giving you cover/back up.  I just failed the mission "Four Trailers" after fighting off about 300 infinite back-up enemies that kept showing up in SUVS because they blew up the 2nd trailer right before I got to Lester's warehouse.

It's nearly impossible now not to get vehicles/trailers/etc destroyed on missions where you get chased by infinitely spawning enemies in faster vehicles. As soon as the trailer blew up I just had to ragequit the game it felt like I was playing a broken game from 1998.

Before these spawns were limited and you could pull over and fight the 5 or so SUV's that would pull up, but now they chase you forever, and the most annoying thing is as soon as you shoot one car another one immediately spawns like 20 feet in front of you out of thin air even if you're on a mountaintop in Blaine County.

It seems really unrealistic that you would have 9,9999,99999,99999X infinity enemies showing up because you stole one trailer!

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

The trailers can blow up?

I know I did that mission last night before the patch, and the spawns were seemingly infinite then.  (I took out at least 7 SUV's)

But I just waited until I had a few seconds between spawns to hook up the trailer and took off.  Like all trailer missions, they shoot at the trailer but it does no damage to me.  Acts as a nice bullet blocker.

Pro_Donn
  • Pro_Donn

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

Bloody hell, I was struggling before the patch!

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Super Rat the defender of Squeaks.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:52 PM Edited by Chinsei, 11 January 2014 - 06:53 PM.

um..missions should be hard and failable >.< otherwise whats the point in doing them at all if you can't fail o.o.

AgentAle47
  • AgentAle47

First Class Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Have you play mixed up with coke or something like that, after destroy the first cement truck, enemies in suvs (grangers) start spawning after 1 get destroy, another one appears

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

f*cking seriously? I only noticed a few missions where this would happen (and only one where they would respawn in vehicles.) Damn, dude.

1.09, what the hell?

bootymattress
  • bootymattress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

I know I did that mission last night before the patch, and the spawns were seemingly infinite then.  (I took out at least 7 SUV's)

But I just waited until I had a few seconds between spawns to hook up the trailer and took off.  Like all trailer missions, they shoot at the trailer but it does no damage to me.  Acts as a nice bullet blocker.

I'm 90% sure this patch changed this at least on some missions because I just played Four Trailers yesterday and I didn't encounter infinite back up, I was able to kill them and make them stop spawning that time.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Have you play mixed up with coke or something like that, after destroy the first cement truck, enemies in suvs (grangers) start spawning after 1 get destroy, another one appears

You can do that missions with your eyes closed just use the Buzzard. 

But yes they keep coming forever.  I tested it yesterday and they were still coming 40 odd cars and 1 hour later. 

bootymattress
  • bootymattress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

um..missions should be hard and failable >.< otherwise whats the point in doing them at all if you can't fail o.o.

I agree with your sentiment but I don't think that difficulty should come from instant, immediately respawning enemies with omnipotent AI.  That's just lazy, outdated game design which is why I made the 1998 comment.  I could probably program such simple AI myself so I'd expect better in a game like this, there's better ways of ramping up difficulty.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

just kill the drivers and leave the car

no new cars will spawn untill they  despawn

• FJack likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

I know! They need to patch that, I did that mission by myself since I had sh*t teammates who died earlier on, they would just keep on spawning after you kill them plus they have good aim too which is even worse. They spawned like 12 times or so during the chase. I ended getting like 50 kills or so at the end of the mission cos of that.

bootymattress
  • bootymattress

Player Hater

• Members

But yes they keep coming forever.  I tested it yesterday and they were still coming 40 odd cars and 1 hour later. 

I don't have a buzzard as I never received any hacked money.  So this has definitely made the game a lot less fun for someone like me who liked doing these missions solo before.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

I don't have a buzzard as I never received any hacked money.  So this has definitely made the game a lot less fun for someone like me who liked doing these missions solo before.

Well Mixed up with Coke is a 6 player mission.

You shouldn't really have an easy time doing missions with 4+ players unless they are from Simeon 

Not saying I agree with unlimited spawning either. 

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

You just gotta take out the guys by the semis hop in and go. Don't worry about shooting the guys in the suv's unless they get in front of you.

That mission pays sh*t ($4700) for the amount of effort is requires. I played Satellite transmission and got paid $20,000 for less then half the work. I love rockstar but who ever was in charge of payouts is a f*cking idiot.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

I usually take out all the guys first.  Then move the first 2 cement trucks side by side, and blown them up together.  Then 12-15 waves of SUV's will come, so I take them out 1 by 1.  After that, it's a breeze.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Four trailers is supposed to send endless enemies until you deliver the trailer. Shoot the guys at the trailers and get into one of the trucks as soon as possible and get it rolling. Once you are on the road the jeeps will be hitting the back which cause little to no damage. Don't worry about shooting, just drive. 

As for Mixed up with coke, the enemies have always spawned after the first cement truck is destroyed. You have probably never been close enough to their spawn point. (near the gas station and on the freeway)

These missions were like this prepatch.

• GTARACER93, xoC18H21NO3xo, RAS_ZeroZ and 2 others like this

AgentAle47
  • AgentAle47

First Class Ace Pilot

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Well Mixed up with Coke is a 6 player mission.
You shouldn't really have an easy time doing missions with 4+ players unless they are from Simeon 
Not saying I agree with unlimited spawning either. 

yes, with Buzzard is a piece of cake (specially if you play with some friend that also got the Buzzard) but on foot, is too hard, and yes, from a magazine of 30 bullets, they just miss like 2 shots

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Sure they should, but the respawn algorithm is BADDDDD.

bootymattress
  • bootymattress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Four trailers is supposed to send endless enemies until you deliver the trailer. Shoot the guys at the trailers and get into one of the trucks as soon as possible and get it rolling. Once you are on the road the jeeps will be hitting the back which cause little to no damage. Don't worry about shooting, just drive. 

As for Mixed up with coke, the enemies have always spawned after the first cement truck is destroyed. You have probably never been close enough to their spawn point. (near the gas station and on the freeway)

Thanks for clarifying, it must have been glitched the first time I did the mission then because that time only about 5 SUV's came which I killed before taking the first trailer.  After killling them I was able to go about the rest of the mission without being attacked, but yeah just now when I tried I spent like an hour just having fun killing enemies but was so mad when they blew up the 2nd trailer right before I got to the warehouse.

I think you're right that for that mission you just have to kill the first few guys by the trailers and immediately gun it out of there, my mistake was staying back and fighting them by the hundreds, I think the trucks probably took too much damage while I was doing that.  Just a lousy mission then, will avoid it in the future.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:16 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 11 January 2014 - 07:18 PM.

Thanks for clarifying, it must have been glitched the first time I did the mission then because that time only about 5 SUV's came which I killed before taking the first trailer.  After killling them I was able to go about the rest of the mission without being attacked, but yeah just now when I tried I spent like an hour just having fun killing enemies but was so mad when they blew up the 2nd trailer right before I got to the warehouse.

I think you're right that for that mission you just have to kill the first few guys by the trailers and immediately gun it out of there, my mistake was staying back and fighting them by the hundreds, I think the trucks probably took too much damage while I was doing that.  Just a lousy mission then, will avoid it in the future.

There are a few missions where if you aren't fast, you spend needless time killing extra repawns. Los Santos Connection is a perfect example. At the end the enemy respawns are supposed to prevent you from blowing up the dealer making you chase the plane. If you sticky bomb the plane before getting to the hanger you can simply blow the plane up mid air and head to Madrazo's. (#PROTIPBYTreFacTor)

• xoC18H21NO3xo and bootymattress like this

dyasmonoe
  • dyasmonoe

Wanted

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

That trailer mission has always been rapid spawned with npc. It blows up every time. I remember doing that mission long ago and it was already like that way before the 1.09 patch.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:23 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 11 January 2014 - 08:24 PM.

I noticed now after this latest patch that a lot of missions now have instant, infinitely respawning enemies which makes them incredibly frustrating and IMO unplayable at least if you don't have someone else in a vehicle behind you giving you cover/back up.  I just failed the mission "Four Trailers" after fighting off about 300 infinite back-up enemies that kept showing up in SUVS because they blew up the 2nd trailer right before I got to Lester's warehouse.

It's nearly impossible now not to get vehicles/trailers/etc destroyed on missions where you get chased by infinitely spawning enemies in faster vehicles. As soon as the trailer blew up I just had to ragequit the game it felt like I was playing a broken game from 1998.

Before these spawns were limited and you could pull over and fight the 5 or so SUV's that would pull up, but now they chase you forever, and the most annoying thing is as soon as you shoot one car another one immediately spawns like 20 feet in front of you out of thin air even if you're on a mountaintop in Blaine County.

It seems really unrealistic that you would have 9,9999,99999,99999X infinity enemies showing up because you stole one trailer!

I'm thinking the number of enemy spawns seem to be scripted and based on the indicated route the mission suggests that you take. Because it seems you trigger spawns at certain points along the yellow colored route.

I did that Ron mission where you have to steal that Lost van at the windmill farm and deliver it to Trevor's garage.  Last couple times doing that, got nothing but infinite lost spawns chasing me all the way to Trevors.  This time, I took a totally different route than the yellow one. Went off road and got on the freeway right next to the windmill farm.

Zero biker spawns with the drive back to Trevor's done 100% under the speed limit.  Which was a record first in any GTAO mission that any of my chars ever did.  :lol:

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

I've always felt this game needed a spawn cap for the AI.  I avoid certain missions since AI just respawns indefinitely and you get tired of it. 

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Both missions four Trailers and sticking up the stickup crew have infinite enemies.

The marines don't mess around, I've had them follow me all the way up mount chilliad in their suvs was one of a hell gun fight.

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Homie

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

I've always felt this game needed a spawn cap for the AI.  I avoid certain missions since AI just respawns indefinitely and you get tired of it. 

Base Invaders is one.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

I'm 90% sure this patch changed this at least on some missions because I just played Four Trailers yesterday and I didn't encounter infinite back up, I was able to kill them and make them stop spawning that time.

There is a lot of backup so that is why you haul ass out PDQ.  Just played it now.  Only 4 or 5 back-up cars.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Funnily enough, I too failed Four Trailers today, and the last trailer was destroyed just before it was delievered.  However, it was due to the buzzard pilot thinking it was a good idea to fire rockets at an SUV that was ramming the trailer.  From the moment we got the trailers until the moment the trailer was destroyed, I counted no more than five enemy SUVs. 

So the patch has not had an effect on Four Trailers.

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

I really dont know what you're talking about. Four trailers always had infinitely spawning enemies on hard at least. Some others do until you complete certain objectives. I did most of the good ones already today and I havent had any issues on hard.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

If you hang around long enough on most missions enemies will keep respawing.  This has always been the case and is most definately not been a result of update 1.09.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

I know for a fact that Four Trailers has unlimited enemy spawns. That and Stickup the Stickup Crew were the first misions i encountered that have unlimited enemies and i wasted a lot of time trying to take out the waves. this was weeks ago so not new. You just have to focus on a different strategy to complete. Really aint that hard once you know the routine. these missions usually involve a truck of some kind that protects you from the back.

They can also be completed using a cargobob ( either stolen from FZ during the mission which is a very rare spawn and takes ages anyway or playing with someone who has used the trick to buy one) and someone in a fast car or preferrably a buzzard. I do these missions with a guy that has a cargobob and i use my Buzzard. Fly in/kill enemies trying to keep at least one alive until he hooks up the target vehicle then i jump back in Buzzard and protect him on route. Whole missions like this in < 5 minutes. Buzzard will pay for itself in no time. Great investment especially when you can also clear gang attacks in about a minute too :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users