53 replies to this topic
El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

I'm glad someone mentioned Al Jazeera.

forgot to mention them, but the past few years I've picked up AJE and Univision America for sourcing almost anything that is non-domestic.

and lately they shine through on domestic issues stronger than domestic sources. PBS and NPR are also putting the old networks to shame.

but Al Jazeera and Univision have surprised me, in a pleasant way of course.

has anyone watched Jorge Ramos on his new show on Fusion TV? they're trying to be a 'Nu Media' destination for young people. their programming is heavily about social issues with a relatively clear Liberal slant including a lot of satire and informal discussion.

Jorge Ramos is a bad ass in case anyone hadn't noticed...

• Moonshield likes this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:50 AM Edited by Max., 12 January 2014 - 12:50 AM.

The first thing I do on the internet every morning is check the BBC. I also receive The Economist and I love it. I always buy the Times or the FT if I'm out and about.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

I'm glad someone mentioned Al Jazeera.

forgot to mention them, but the past few years I've picked up AJE and Univision America for sourcing almost anything that is non-domestic.

and lately they shine through on domestic issues stronger than domestic sources. PBS and NPR are also putting the old networks to shame.

but Al Jazeera and Univision have surprised me, in a pleasant way of course.

has anyone watched Jorge Ramos on his new show on Fusion TV? they're trying to be a 'Nu Media' destination for young people. their programming is heavily about social issues with a relatively clear Liberal slant including a lot of satire and informal discussion.

Jorge Ramos is a bad ass in case anyone hadn't noticed...

I haven't checked his new show, but I've seen him in Al Punto and in the regular news back in the day. I love him sooo much lol he's so badass. And he's not all that liberal from what I've seen of him, he's just a very, VERY heavy supporter of immigration reform, as it's the #1 issue among Hispanics. I'm not sure about the network or show, though.

I really love his way of interviewing -- no bullsh*t, he gets straight to the point (al punto) and calls bullsh*t out. Did you see the Rahm Emmanuel one? Emmanuel got pissed haha. The dude kept changing the subject, and Ramos kept reminding him "you and Obama promised to do this." By the end he was just like "shut up and let me keep changing the subject."

The guy is also one of the hardest working people in the industry -- he's doing a TON of projects. There's a Daily Show interview with him going over what he's doing, it's pretty neat. He's absolutely, without a doubt my #1 journalist.

• El_Diablo likes this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Why CTV Edmonton of course.

They seem to have Weather predictions that are not wonky or ridiculous.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

I read "Frankfurter Allgemeine" most of the time, best news platform in German imo.

http://www.faz.net

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Phillip De Franco. He is awesome at updating everyone with news.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

The first thing I do on the internet every morning is check the BBC. I also receive The Economist and I love it. I always buy the Times or the FT if I'm out and about.

I had an Economist subscription for years. Not even sure why I cancelled it as it was excellent and still is.
  • Max likes this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

I haven't checked his new show, but I've seen him in Al Punto and in the regular news back in the day. I love him sooo much lol he's so badass. And he's not all that liberal from what I've seen of him, he's just a very, VERY heavy supporter of immigration reform, as it's the #1 issue among Hispanics. I'm not sure about the network or show, though.

I really love his way of interviewing -- no bullsh*t, he gets straight to the point (al punto) and calls bullsh*t out. Did you see the Rahm Emmanuel one? Emmanuel got pissed haha. The dude kept changing the subject, and Ramos kept reminding him "you and Obama promised to do this." By the end he was just like "shut up and let me keep changing the subject."

The guy is also one of the hardest working people in the industry -- he's doing a TON of projects. There's a Daily Show interview with him going over what he's doing, it's pretty neat. He's absolutely, without a doubt my #1 journalist.

I couldn't agree more.

well said.

I tried to turn my parents onto Jorge Ramos but my dad just makes fun of his accent  :lol: 

• DeafMetal likes this

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

BBC News and the Independent. I will occasionally browse the Guardian and the Telegraph also, with the Economist another good source.

ivpanzer
  • ivpanzer

assassin

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

GODgle :lol:

Simoneski
  • Simoneski

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

I don't really have a favourite news source. I don't like watching news on the telly and I never buy newspapers. I have no need. Plus most media has a bias, imo.

I've liked so many pages that my facebook news feed has turned into my news source. They consist of various centre-left and left leaning  news sites, activist/campaign pages and blogs.  

If I had to go to a site first it would be The Guardian I guess.  

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

Drudge report

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

I read the newspaper's offered by people at the sky train stations and at work. Or I rely on people to report things on facebook, because they always do. I don't watch TV either.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:33 AM Edited by theadmiral, 14 January 2014 - 04:33 AM.

I read the www.drudgereport.com because it is very accurate and reflects the political views of mainstream America, and is always without bias. It is also revolutionary web design.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

im fairly ignorant when it comes to whats going on in the world unless it affects me. im more interested in history.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

I had an Economist subscription for years. Not even sure why I cancelled it as it was excellent and still is.

It may be worth renewing your subscription. Despite the sheer breadth of subjects The Economist covers it tends to do them justice and I have yet to find a more balanced and rationally considered publication from an ostensibly British point of view.

MrSarif
  • MrSarif

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

The BBC. Not only is it a quality outlet, the layout of the site is better than any other.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by brownbear, 15 January 2014 - 10:41 AM.

Al Jazeera or RT if I'm watching on TV, The Guardian or The İ if it's a news paper.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

You watch RT? What for, the sake of irony?
Not sure I would be listening to a news outlet who claimed that Iran had a progressive attitude to homosexuality when the bodies of three men executed for being gay swing from a construction crane behind the reporter.
  • F4L? likes this

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Reuters for world news and ABC for national news, I used to subscribe to a few more but found they were just clogging up my Feedly dash with sh*t sensationalist articles.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

TheBlaze. It's a misleading name. No pot smokers there, just journalists seeking the other side of the story.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Not sure I would be listening to a news outlet who claimed that Iran had a progressive attitude to homosexuality when the bodies of three men executed for being gay swing from a construction crane behind the reporter.

You are right, it is rather ironic. But if you put it into the context of the hardline Islamic world, Iran is the most progressive in terms of women's rights and gay rights. Still an appalling record, but i'd rather be a woman or an open homosexual in Iran than in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Yemen, or Afghanistan.

I guess it is all relative. All news outlets are biased and misleading.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

It's a bit sticky to compare Iran to three nations at least partially run by Sunni extremist movements, a failed state and a Wahabi/Salafist state. Compared to the majority of North Africa and the Middle East they're far from progressive in their attitudes to sexuality and gender politics.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:22 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 15 January 2014 - 09:22 PM.

You are right, it is rather ironic. But if you put it into the context of the hardline Islamic world, Iran is the most progressive in terms of women's rights and gay rights. Still an appalling record, but i'd rather be a woman or an open homosexual in Iran than in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Yemen, or Afghanistan.

I guess it is all relative. All news outlets are biased and misleading.

Right, but I'd rather have my testicles sautéd than flambéd

• sivispacem likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users