Quantcast

» «
Photo

I have no interest in Multiplayer

148 replies to this topic

Poll: I have no interest in Multiplayer (223 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you prefer Singleplayer over Multiplayer?

1. Yes (171 votes [76.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.68%

2. No (52 votes [23.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote
iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

I think R* should discontinue its online gaming services. Enough said.

But if they do that then the people who enjoy Online will riot. I think that the best solution is to make the multiplayer simple like IV's and not too complex.

I'd be OK with that.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

Rockstar may have focused on MP so much because Max Payne 3's MP was praised by a lot of people (and for damn good reason, I haven't had that much fun playing online since Team Fortress 2). I haven't played GTAV online yet, but I hear nothing but bad things, so I doubt I'll ever try it. For anyone saying "after you do everything in SP, there's nothing to do BUT MP", yes there is. Buy another f*cking game and play that. It took me so long to finish GTAV's single player because I kept switching back and forth between that and Arkham Origins. You don't HAVE to play MP just because you beat the game. That logic is just foolish.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

Rockstar may have focused on MP so much because Max Payne 3's MP was praised by a lot of people (and for damn good reason, I haven't had that much fun playing online since Team Fortress 2). I haven't played GTAV online yet, but I hear nothing but bad things, so I doubt I'll ever try it. For anyone saying "after you do everything in SP, there's nothing to do BUT MP", yes there is. Buy another f*cking game and play that. It took me so long to finish GTAV's single player because I kept switching back and forth between that and Arkham Origins. You don't HAVE to play MP just because you beat the game. That logic is just foolish.

You can't go off other people's opinions and make your own. You gotta try it yourself and see if you like it or not.

• ActionBronson likes this

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

You can't go off other people's opinions and make your own. You gotta try it yourself and see if you like it or not.

I never said it WAS good or bad, just that from what I hear I don't feel like trying it.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

I never said it WAS good or bad, just that from what I hear I don't feel like trying it.

Fair enough.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

I played GTA V online just once after I completed the SP story, and I've not gone back since. I took one look at the near-empty streets and just knew I wouldn't like it.

It just did not draw me in, and I don't think I'll ever play it again to be honest.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

I played GTA V online just once after I completed the SP story, and I've not gone back since. I took one look at the near-empty streets and just knew I wouldn't like it.

It just did not draw me in, and I don't think I'll ever play it again to be honest.

See, that's the kind of thing that makes me not even wanna bother. GTAIV felt so dead in MP, because the whole "living city" vibe is removed.

Again, I know I can't form an opinion of MP without trying it, and so I'm not questioning or insulting the quality, I just really don't see me ever even giving it a try.

Note: And I don't wanna seem overly lazy about it, but me playing games online requires me moving my xbox from one side of my house to the other, that's why I say "I dont want to bother". It's more of an effort for me than most to play MP.

• Official General likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:10 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 13 January 2014 - 02:16 AM.

I remember thinking that GTA was like Legend of Zelda for adults, when I played the first game. It was only when I really sat down and played III and beyond that I realized that was beyond true.

Single player is where it's at, the world feels more alive and I can always find stuff to do. When the pc version comes out I'll revise my opinion.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

Rockstar may have focused on MP so much because Max Payne 3's MP was praised by a lot of people (and for damn good reason, I haven't had that much fun playing online since Team Fortress 2).

I would say that this statement most accurately describes the inherent problem with multiplayer.  All multiplayer is just Team Fortress 2 with different skins and a different map - just mindless shooters with various little capture goals. 

All of the other popular multiplayers that people mentioned above, are basically the same thing.  And "mindless shooter mode" is the way that the majority of GTA0 people play.  The tanks and all-important player K/D number help reinforce that mindset. 

So anytime that single-player functionality, depth, or replay value is sacrificed for the multiplayer zoo, the makers of such games have to realize that they shortchanged a great game and a great virtual world design, just to create another online shooter.  Ho hum. 

• QuietJosh likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

^^^

It's the difference between Uncharted multiplayer and Street Fighter IV or Star Craft 2 multiplayer.

Some games are made for that kind of competition, others it's just tacked on. I'll admit GTAO isn't just tacked on, but it's also not realizing its potential or vision.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

Rockstar may have focused on MP so much because Max Payne 3's MP was praised by a lot of people (and for damn good reason, I haven't had that much fun playing online since Team Fortress 2).

I would say that this statement most accurately describes the inherent problem with multiplayer.  All multiplayer is just Team Fortress 2 with different skins and a different map - just mindless shooters with various little capture goals. 

All of the other popular multiplayers that people mentioned above, are basically the same thing.  And "mindless shooter mode" is the way that the majority of GTA0 people play.  The tanks and all-important player K/D number help reinforce that mindset. 

So anytime that single-player functionality, depth, or replay value is sacrificed for the multiplayer zoo, the makers of such games have to realize that they shortchanged a great game and a great virtual world design, just to create another online shooter.  Ho hum. 

I don't wanna start a fight here, but I can't tell if you're insulting me or just using what I said as a jumping off point. Which is it, if you don't mind me asking?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

I don't wanna start a fight here, but I can't tell if you're insulting me or just using what I said as a jumping off point. Which is it, if you don't mind me asking?

Just a jumping-off point.  I did not intend to insult at all. 

I have watched people play Team Fortress 2, which is an over-the-top cartoony parody of shooters, and which is, I agree, a barrel of fun when that's the kind of game a player wants to do.   I got off the multiplayer carousel when I found out in Unreal Tournament that in most maps, one dipsh*t has staked out the spawncamp location and just keeps doing that for the entire day.  I briefly dorpped into GTA IV multiplayer got killed a few times, didn't see any point to it. and went back to TBOGT and RDR for my sandbox experience.  

But your (valid) comparison of Team Fortress 2 and Max Payne 3 multiplayer (built on the MP3 game involving oh-so-serious Max, so very far different from TF2) just put it all together in my mind, that most people playing online games with guns only know that their objective is to shoot anything that moves. 

If these game designs (talking about GTA0 for example) had decent lobby browsing and decent player-to-player communications, maybe they could rise above the mayhem.  But I am still looking for the bold new direction, and all I see are tanks, or getting shot in the back or getting shot in the face, as I go about my business in GTA0. 

I can imagine (though I have never played) in many of the other multiplayer games that people have mentioned about, that some of them no doubt have some decent structure and co-op that is not a total joke.  But that's pretty rare in GTA0. 

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:31 AM

I'm having a blast Online. Around 30 hours in, still haven't purchased an apartment and still have my starter vehicle. Rank 21.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Single Player isn't even worthy on focusing on in this game tbh

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

Well, from first times when was GTAO out, I didn't give a sh*t about... I tried it only few times.I still prefer single player but when I played with my buddy from England GTAO, it was so fun... and after this I play multiplayer too.I had absolute the same opinion about online, I wasn't interested into too much...
Now I am rank 35 I think.. and play when I want too, a lot of kids takes this online so serious, these crews etc.. it mean to be fun not like these hackers and so.

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:02 AM Edited by You Are All V1rgins, 13 January 2014 - 10:07 AM.

If SP had a mechanic that would deliver cars, and an insurance company that could insure cars, and replace them, I would definitely play SP.

But intill then, I play Multiplayer for mucking around.

If I wasn't max level with billions(from exploits) , it would be a harder decision for me.

Just my opinion
  • saintsrow likes this

DragoonClawNZ
  • DragoonClawNZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:22 AM Edited by DragoonClawNZ, 13 January 2014 - 10:24 AM.

I was thrilled about Online at first also, but after playing a little while on it, I lost interest. I was also disappointed at the same time because there were new features in there that could have easily been added into Single Player (Car insurance, safehouses etc). I only got my character up to Rank 8 before losing interest.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

I played for a week, trolling and ruining the gameplay for other people, simply because that was the only thing I found amusing - but that became boring very quickly aswell.

And that's where I stopped reading. You are the type of person I hate and must live a very sad, dark life.

Knob.

Well, at least he admitted it and realized it was lame.

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

GTAO was something I was really looking forward to, but it's been a miserable failure thus far.

I prefer single player though, but I like multiplayer in the spirit of GTA IV and RDR. Simple yet fun.

836205255_1378640696.jpg

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

I didn't try multiplayer until just a couple of weeks ago, but I would argue FOR it.

I love SP, have 100%, been through it twice and will do again.

Arguments against MP are numerous, mostly the annoying 12 year olds, killing you as you spawn etc, but you can go passive and change the game. I found it a bit slow to start in MP, robbing shops for money, trying to rank up and next to nothing available to you while the 12 year olds all have supercars, fully modded with RPGs and the like.

This can make you feel 'alone' as somebody pointed out earlier, but if that's the case you probably are alone. I was at this stage.

Then it all got better. There I was, robbing a store when I ran out to find my getaway car had been nicked. I ran as best I could from the police, trying to make it to a bridge before the chopper saw me when another player pulled up & beeped, I got in, he got away from the law & invited me to his party so we could chat.

From there he's been really helpful. I joined his crew, we did missions and survivals to rank up, his friend did up a few hot motors for me to sell and I'm up and running.

Now, we're in a bike crew with proper heirarchy, a mix of ranks and abilities, but we're always on and having a really good time on it. We're beginning to get interest from other bike crews in a bit of 'friendly' rivalry which can be done in private sessions.

If you feel 'alone' or bored with GTAO, look at the GTAO forum's threads on meets / crews etc. Get some like minded players with you and these 12 year olds won't be a problem for long. I can see how this can be less than you hoped for if you're on your own, but I fail to see how anyone can give up on it. For every problem, there's a solution.

Okay - hackers being the exception.

BTW Re: crews. i first found a large open crew on social club and joined them. I've still not seen one member online. Small crews of friends is the only way. When I say friends, I've never met any of them, but I now spend every night with them.

ONLINE IS OUTSTANDING DESPITE IT'S FLAWS

• Mr Pickles likes this

Noeks
  • Noeks

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

GTAO was something I was really looking forward to, but it's been a miserable failure thus far.

I prefer single player though, but I like multiplayer in the spirit of GTA IV and RDR. Simple yet fun.

836205255_1378640696.jpg

tru dat. 

Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris
  • Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris, 13 January 2014 - 04:04 PM.

I really don´t care about MP, but there are enough people who enjoy it, fair enough.

But what really grinds my gears: great stuff that is only available in GTAO, like car insurance, buying safehouses, 10 car garages, the Stinger GT... It feels like they´re trying to force us into GTAO otherwise we can´t use all the features the game has to offer.

If all the features were available in SP AND Online, I can imagine a lot more SP guys would have an open mind about GTAO.

• Official General likes this

Andrew1980
  • Andrew1980

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

I like both actually :)

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Online Sucks. Story Mode is 10x Better.

Redneck Shotgun
  • Redneck Shotgun

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

The multiplayer is garbage. The sp feels so empty, wish they would have used the resources for more side missions and longer story etc.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

I don't like the SP characters and their mannerisms. That's why I play GTAO in an invite only session. It's like SP after all the missions but at least I'm playing with a likable character.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

to this day, GTA is all about SP. It could get extended, but GTA V's SP did not. And its ok. By extended I mean more side missions, like more assasinations and stuff. But SP sh*ts on MP. SP 4 life, MP is the home of idiots who proabably does not even know who Tommy Vercetti is. And for people with no imagination. We call does people, idiots. 

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

Not just that, but guys, remember the online in GTA IV and its episodes? That sh*t was dope as hell. its a basic MP mode, and it was fun and awesome. Much better than the complex clusterf*ck that GTA Online is. 

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Single player first for me then the multiplayer.I don`t see why you would wanna stay beating a dead dog with a stick in SP once you done everything,but to each their own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users