Photo

Old Gun Challenge!

17 replies to this topic
DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:18 AM Edited by DerpCat, 11 January 2014 - 12:12 PM.

Okay I have found something I have been doing for the past 2 weeks to make the game more fun for myself.

In an attempt to spark a challenge up, here I present to you the "Old Gun Challenge"

Now normally when we have a gun and kill players after a certain number you get a skin for that gun unlocked, there are 4 in all "gold, green, orange, and blue" in that order. However you tend to only use the guns that are the best, like advance rifle vs ak-47. So in an attempt to get those blue skins (last skin to get) I have been using my old crappy guns vs my shiny better ones. You use the most powerful gun till you get a blue skin, then you demote your gun to the lower gun. This slowly raises the challenge in killing players with weaker guns than they are using.

So far I have maxed out my ap pistol, my advance rifle, m16, all in blue. While micro smg and auto-shotgun in orange, with a few other guns in green. Now I am down to now using lower lvl guns to kill players (both high and low) in the game.

Has anyone else tried this challenge before or something like it? If not I suggest you try it, as its really a good handicap for good players and has made the game a blast in my attempt to get all blue skins for lower lvl guns in the game. From using the very best guns in the game to moving down a few pegs. .

• The Real SpitKing likes this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

That's a lot of kills

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:23 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 11 January 2014 - 10:25 AM.

I'm not much a PVP person so I'm not sure I will ever unlock any blue skins but it sounds like an pretty original challenge if that is your type of thing. Be a good way for anyone who wants to unlock all the weapons skins and not get too bored while they are doing it. Nice work OP

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:10 PM Edited by DerpCat, 30 January 2014 - 08:28 AM.

That's a lot of kills

I know :3

The first gold skin takes 100 kills, the 2nd green skin takes 200, the third orange skin takes 400, and final blue skin takes 600.

I'm not much a PVP person so I'm not sure I will ever unlock any blue skins but it sounds like an pretty original challenge if that is your type of thing. Be a good way for anyone who wants to unlock all the weapons skins and not get too bored while they are doing it. Nice work OP

Thanks^^ I just hope this brings the challenge and the joy of the game back for some players who are now high lvls.

I came up with the challenge as I was over lvl 120 and I didnt see a point to keep lvling up to a next high lvl. It was on that day I unlocked a good skin for my ap pistol and came up with the idea. I see it as a good handicap, a good challenge for skilled players that gets harder as you do it, since you go from really good guns to guns you get at very low lvls ect. Doing it this way the challenge slowly gets harder and harder. I have also noticed low lvl players liking when I do this as it makes a more even playing field for them, while high lvl players rage at a high lvl killing them with a gun you unlock at lvl 5 x3

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

So has anyone else tried this challenge? I'm just about done with my ak47, and switching to the assault smg, then to the other smg to get the skins.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:57 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 30 January 2014 - 04:58 AM.

I'm still not pvp person but believe or not I was actually thinking about this challenge the other day and wondering if anyone had done it. Weird that it popped into my head for no reason then you posted on it.

I have to ask just make sure though now. You are not part of that government program dedicated to reading my thoughts and following my movements are you derp cat?
  • DerpCat and AlecStewartOBE like this

AlecStewartOBE
  • AlecStewartOBE

The Gaffer

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

If you want to see a challenge try hitting Brett Lee for 6 when he's in prime form. Or how about Michael Holding lads?

• Jolly Swagman and Lester_Crest like this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

I like to use a mix of guns in my DMs. There are too many kills to make me play that long though. I would rather play an actual shooter than play DM or whatever that long. Unlocking stuff has never been that important to me.

Tints. meh.

Have fun though.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:02 AM Edited by DerpCat, 30 January 2014 - 08:03 AM.

I like to use a mix of guns in my DMs. There are too many kills to make me play that long though. I would rather play an actual shooter than play DM or whatever that long. Unlocking stuff has never been that important to me.

Tints. meh.

Have fun though.

Its not too hard for me though, I just screw around in free roam or a rare team death match or two. I can rank up kills pretty fast, it just gets harder as I downgrade my weapons as now I am fighting a harder force to kill, however I see it more as a good handicap than anything else. The tints are just to help me keep track of the kills, once I reach blue I know its time to ditch that gun and lower myself to another gun thats below it in that category. The tints are just the icing on this challenge cake.

I'm still not pvp person but believe or not I was actually thinking about this challenge the other day and wondering if anyone had done it. Weird that it popped into my head for no reason then you posted on it.

I have to ask just make sure though now. You are not part of that government program dedicated to reading my thoughts and following my movements are you derp cat?

...that or a super derp cat computer who can predict the probability when someone will get an idea and account for it before hand.

catintinfoilhat.jpg

Feel free to wear your tin-foil hat if it helps though c:

• Jolly Swagman likes this

Balikye
  • Balikye

*Siiiigh* Fine, just call me Bali.

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

That's a lot of kills

The first gold skin takes 100 kills, the 2nd green skin takes 200, the third orange skin takes 300, and final blue skin takes 400.

I thought the LSPD tint took 600 kills?

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:10 AM Edited by Omnifarious, 30 January 2014 - 08:16 AM.

That's a lot of kills

The first gold skin takes 100 kills, the 2nd green skin takes 200, the third orange skin takes 300, and final blue skin takes 400.

Yeah, you're correct, the LSPD tint takes 600 kills to unlock, the orange is 400, the green 200, and army is 100. You get Pink for being level 50, gold for 75, and Platinum for 100.

• Balikye likes this

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

I'm not at a level where getting the lspd tint (600 kills!) for another gun, much less a couple. I only have it for my advanced rifle, but I'm working on others. so far I've got:

lspd advanced rifle
orange assault shotgun
green combat mg
green heavy rifle
green ap pistol
green carbine
army miniuzi

I use my combat mg, ap pistol and heavy rifle pretty heavily, so they'll probably be up to orange in a week. gonna be a looooooooong time before anything other than those get there, though I'll probably get the carbine up pretty quick through deathmatches.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:15 AM Edited by Omnifarious, 30 January 2014 - 08:19 AM.

OT: Meh, I'd really rather not to be honest, lol. I'm already burnt out on getting 600 heavy sniper kills. Wouldn't want to have to grind out 600 M1911 kills, etc, etc. I've only gotten 3,500 kills in 500 hours of gameplay. :| That would mean that I'd probably have to do another 500 something hours for the next couple of weapons. All of this, just to change the color of my guns... :S

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

Tints. meh.

Have fun though.

Its not too hard for me though, I just screw around in free roam or a rare team death match or two. I can rank up kills pretty fast, it just gets harder as I downgrade my weapons as now I am fighting a harder force to kill, however I see it more as a good handicap than anything else. The tints are just to help me keep track of the kills, once I reach blue I know its time to ditch that gun and lower myself to another gun thats below it in that category. The tints are just the icing on this challenge cake.

...that or a super derp cat computer who can predict the probability when someone will get an idea and account for it before hand.
catintinfoilhat.jpg

Feel free to wear your tin-foil hat if it helps though c:

Na I don't think the foil will do much good. That photo shows you have a foil hat too and from my understanding it's powers will counteract the protection my foil hat would normally provide. I'm sure if I start smoking more meth my paranoia will go away pretty quickly. I might just try that out. I'll best those government stooges yet.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:33 AM Edited by DerpCat, 30 January 2014 - 08:33 AM.

Yeah, you're correct, the LSPD tint takes 600 kills to unlock, the orange is 400, the green 200, and army is 100. You get Pink for being level 50, gold for 75, and Platinum for 100.

Ah sorry about that blunder, I just didnt notice, however this explains why getting from orange to blue is such a grind.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Question, is there no way to check play kills only for a weapon? I am starting to lose track as I see no visible kill stat for players only.....anyone know if there is one?

Ankarstrom
  • Ankarstrom

Scooter brother

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Question, is there no way to check play kills only for a weapon? I am starting to lose track as I see no visible kill stat for players only.....anyone know if there is one?

There is a way. Social club -> Weapons

xjPPQYI.png

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

There is a way. Social club -> Weapons

xjPPQYI.png

Ahhh, I always checked the smaller stat page and it didnt list it. Thanks c:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users