Organ donors.

51 replies to this topic
lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm not trying to sound selfish, but hell no, I'm not gonna give away my organs.

I'd donate 10 liters of blood every year just not a single organ, I'm a guy that doesn't like giving sh*t away for free, at least not to random people, I can be generous and all, but how do I know of the guy receiving my organs isn't an asshole?

If it was a family member or something, I probably would, otherwise, hell no.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

I got my license a while back and when it was sent to me in the mail, they also sent documents to register to be an organ donor.

That kind of made me chuckle....it's not that funny at all, it just was in that moment. I get my license and I'm sent something that will only be used if I die.

I support organ donation, I've always thought well I'll be dead....I won't be using it anymore and I certainly won't notice that it's gone, so why not help someone that it could benefit. I watched a fantastic BBC documentary about organ transplant and that helped me form my opinion.

If anyone would like to see it, here it is:

It seems that most people do support the idea of organ donation but when it actually comes to it, they change their minds. Usually family does, anyway.

I know that my mother absolutely does not want me to be an organ donor, when I told her about the very idea she was against it. She seems to think that they're mine and not to be given away, and that they'll also try to do less to save your life if they see you are an organ donor. But I'm 20 years old and turning 21 soon, it's my choice. I just don't trust anyone in my family to respect it should it come to that.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

Sure why not? I'll be dead so why let something that might still be useful to someone go to waste?

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

It comes down to, what if someone I loved needed one or a child, father, mother, etc. I think I will end up doing it, but gosh. Now I don't want to even learn how to drive because what if I die right away. @____@ 

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

All this talk about organ transplants yet people seem to forget that we'll be able to grow organs fairly soon. Stem cell research has gone a long way.

http://www.telegraph...laboratory.html

• Xboxless and EphemeralStar like this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:35 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 11 January 2014 - 08:36 PM.

It comes down to, what if someone I loved needed one or a child, father, mother, etc. I think I will end up doing it, but gosh. Now I don't want to even learn how to drive because what if I die right away. @____@ 

You're thinking about it too much... it's not terribly likely for you to die, if I am honest with you. Especially if you're still youngish. Driving a car is pretty safe... well, it depends on where you live. If you live in New York, then my condolences; I guess driving a car could be annoying there, but since the speed is pretty low there (I assume), the possible crashes aren't that bad I suppose.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

I live in Vancouver. It's pretty bad here. T___T Oh! Maybe I could donate my stem cells. Is that seperate?? I can do that alive right?

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by Panz, 11 January 2014 - 08:38 PM.

All this talk about organ transplants yet people seem to forget that we'll be able to grow organs fairly soon. Stem cell research has gone a long way.

http://www.telegraph...laboratory.html

True, but imagine the costs and time it would take to grow one organ. It makes sense for someone who has time, but if a baby needs a lung or a liver stat, organ donors save the day.

It is awesome research, though. Science is exciting. :^:

• Xboxless likes this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

I'm not trying to sound selfish, but hell no, I'm not gonna give away my organs.

I'd donate 10 liters of blood every year just not a single organ

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about organ donation after death, not while you're still alive.

anyone who wouldn't sign up to be a donor postmortem is a self-centered jackass.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

I have no idea how to become one. I didn't get anything like that when I got my license. However I would donate my organs, I'd like my life to be useful for others.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

I'd donate 10 liters of blood every year just not a single organ

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about organ donation after death, not while you're still alive.
anyone who wouldn't sign up to be a donor postmortem is a self-centered jackass.

Thanks Diablo for saying what I was thinking
Actually most living donors can live a normal life style (especially liver and kidney) even bone marrow. It is something so damn easy it can save so many lives when I die I'm going to be ashes anyway so it's not a big deal to me to donate what they can take (if anything because of the health problems I have/have had

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

I don't want to be a greedy person either, but when I die I want to be whole as well. Hopefully by the time that day comes we will have mastered 3d printing and growing new organs anyway.

I know I will be dead and it won't matter, but it just doesn't settle well with me for some reason.  

• EphemeralStar likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

No, i'd never do it. thats my sh*t.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

I've been thinking about it lately actually and I would love to do it, but then with me what's the point? I'm only 18 and I'm out of shape, a full time smoker and (according to people around me) I'm developing a drinking problem... Who the hell would want any of my organs?

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

A real, talking rabbit!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

I signed up for it.

Sort of related, but is it true they stuff your body with sawdust and pvc pipe if you get into a nasty accident?

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

I've always been an organ donor since the first opportunity I had to say "Yes."

what kind of egotistical prick wouldn't be an organ donor?
once you're dead, you don't need that sh*t.

LOL.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

I was getting an ID card and asked them to put on an organ donor sticker or whatever, but apparently they don't do that any more. You need to get a separate car and they were like "it'll be another forty dollars and you have to fill out all these forms...." and I was like "eh, I'll do it later."  If anything happens to me I'm pretty sure my friends and family can give them permissions to harvest my guts, under Australian law.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

I was getting an ID card and asked them to put on an organ donor sticker or whatever, but apparently they don't do that any more. You need to get a separate car and they were like "it'll be another forty dollars and you have to fill out all these forms...." and I was like "eh, I'll do it later."  If anything happens to me I'm pretty sure my friends and family can give them permissions to harvest my guts, under Australian law.

What type of sh*t is that where you need to pay $40 to process a donation form?

"Sure, I'll give you $40 so you can cut me open and take my organs when I die!"

• F4L? and EphemeralStar like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

$40 is for the card itself, since they apparently no longer just slap a sticker on your ID.

• Vlynor likes this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

When I die, Salvage what works and give it to whom ever needs it, Burn and/or bury the rest.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

$40 is for the card itself, since they apparently no longer just slap a sticker on your ID.

They do on your license

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hell no, how could I donate semen if I donate my organ?!

• El_Diablo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users