New patch...

107 replies to this topic
TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

Lol at the fanboys who haven't gotten rid of this turd yet. 9 patches in 4 months. What a joke. Be mad at yourselves for still owning this game, not Rockstar. Shame on you.

9 patches in 4 months is pretty god damned good. Especially when you look at other companies.

I swear, no one here has played Battlefield 3.

• Showstopper 26 likes this

I SHADOWFOX I
  • I SHADOWFOX I

Makin' Bacon Pancakes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

I'm not sure what infinite loading times you guys are talking about. My game loads just as good as it did when I got it on launch. Maybe it's just you guys who have been messing with the files? Seems like ps3 is getting more problems then xbox, maybe I'm wrong or I am just lucky.

I still have all my gifted money online so I'm not sure what rockstar did in this patch seeing as their patch notes said they fixed money exploits.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Lol at the fanboys who haven't gotten rid of this turd yet. 9 patches in 4 months. What a joke. Be mad at yourselves for still owning this game, not Rockstar. Shame on you.

LOL at the idiot who's on a GTAV forum when he doesn't even have the game. Beyond strange.

I did have it. I'm laughing at these losers complaining about the game. Do something about it. Get rid of it. They won't though. They're fanboys at heart and will continue to do nothing other then whine and complain.

Yeah right, you "Got rid of it". Stop talking bullsh*t kiddo.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

9 patches in 4 months is pretty god damned good. Especially when you look at other companies.

There's 2 sides to every coin friend. Sure it is nice to get so many patches out the door and fix bugs quickly but when your patch notes have 2 f*cking lines can you really compare that to what a typical battlefield patch does? I don't think so.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:37 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 12 January 2014 - 07:38 PM.

There's 2 sides to every coin friend. Sure it is nice to get so many patches out the door and fix bugs quickly but when your patch notes have 2 f*cking lines can you really compare that to what a typical battlefield patch does? I don't think so.

I think getting 2 lines of patch is actually a good thing.

Sony, as far as I know, still charges $50k each patch.

So, R* spent $50k to get those 2 lines of notes out to you guys to try and better your experience.

They could've just waited and bundled, like Battlefield, but they didn't.

Battlefield's patches were like 6 months apart, and 2 GB's. It was ridiculous.

Also, you guys seem to forget that it takes 1-2 weeks for Microsoft and Sony to actually push the patch out. R* made the most recent patch a week or 2 ago, it only gets released now because the console companies have to check it over and stuff.

For all we know, the problems you guys seem to be facing could be fixed already, and are just sitting in Microsoft and Sony HQ, waiting to be reviewed and pushed out.

• Spider-Vice and stjimmy3 like this

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

I think they released it just to f*ck with us. 

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

I just have to disagree because we already know those 2 lines are bullsh*t. They do not fully disclose all changes and tweaks they make to the game. I can cite several examples of majorly known changes that weren't even mentioned let alone have their own line in patch notes. Changes like the art statue down at vespucci beach, or the removal and subsequent return of lightning bolts, or various job nerfs. There are tons more examples of Rockstar being horrible at transparency with us. So yeah those 2 lines of patch notes is NOT good for more than one reason.

Also let's not forget the reason they even pushed this patch and fixed bugs is to cover their end! To cover up holes that gamers were using to have a better time. To glitch money and have fun. This didn't affect anyone. If you wanted the glitch money you did it. If you didn't want the easy route then you didn't. So why did Rockstar pay 50k to push this 2 line patch? So people don't dodge their shark card schemes. It's all about the money.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

I just have to disagree because we already know those 2 lines are bullsh*t. They do not fully disclose all changes and tweaks they make to the game. I can cite several examples of majorly known changes that weren't even mentioned let alone have their own line in patch notes. Changes like the art statue down at vespucci beach, or the removal and subsequent return of lightning bolts, or various job nerfs. There are tons more examples of Rockstar being horrible at transparency with us. So yeah those 2 lines of patch notes is NOT good for more than one reason.

Also let's not forget the reason they even pushed this patch and fixed bugs is to cover their end! To cover up holes that gamers were using to have a better time. To glitch money and have fun. This didn't affect anyone. If you wanted the glitch money you did it. If you didn't want the easy route then you didn't. So why did Rockstar pay 50k to push this 2 line patch? So people don't dodge their shark card schemes. It's all about the money.

Alright, first and foremost, I just looked at your sig. Holy f*cking computer. Damn.

Alright, Down to business:

Your first paragraph, I cannot really disagree with.

However, the reason they're trying to fix these exploits is because it ruins what they're trying to do. People are getting billions upon billions of dollars and giving it to random people and basically just disrupting an economy R* is trying to establish.

You may think it's stupid, but it's not your vision getting ruined by people who'd rather cheat and glitch than play fairly.

Imagine you put a sh*tton of work into something, and then released it. Would you want people exploiting things and ruining the whole point of the game in the excuse of "Having fun"? I don't think so.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

For all of you who constantly moan about everything, please just sell your copy of V and stop playing games that are made by R* North.

What is the point of being in constant state of complaining. DO something about it! Stop playing R*'s game.

I did! Enough is enough.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Alright, first and foremost, I just looked at your sig. Holy f*cking computer. Damn.

However, the reason they're trying to fix these exploits is because it ruins what they're trying to do. People are getting billions upon billions of dollars and giving it to random people and basically just disrupting an economy R* is trying to establish.

You may think it's stupid, but it's not your vision getting ruined by people who'd rather cheat and glitch than play fairly.

Imagine you put a sh*tton of work into something, and then released it. Would you want people exploiting things and ruining the whole point of the game in the excuse of "Having fun"? I don't think so.

Ahhh right I forgot about the glitchers being able to give money to legit players. See THIS I can understand causing concern and warrant patching.

But as far as them wanting to keep the game fair and not see their work be glitched apart, I guess that comes down to personal view. I don't believe I'd have issue with it. If someone wants to bore themselves by burning themselves out the easy way by all means that's up to them.

It's not like Rockstar doesn't already have our money, right? But wait that's the real kicker. They view in game money online as potential shark card money. They actually do conversions on how much money has been glitched and compare it to potential lost real life revenue from shark card sales. Wow. It really shows how greedy they have become. And for this I cannot excuse them for what they're doing with these patches as I just do not believe for a minute it has the users best intentions in them.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

Ahhh right I forgot about the glitchers being able to give money to legit players. See THIS I can understand causing concern and warrant patching.

But as far as them wanting to keep the game fair and not see their work be glitched apart, I guess that comes down to personal view. I don't believe I'd have issue with it. If someone wants to bore themselves by burning themselves out the easy way by all means that's up to them.

It's not like Rockstar doesn't already have our money, right? But wait that's the real kicker. They view in game money online as potential shark card money. They actually do conversions on how much money has been glitched and compare it to potential lost real life revenue from shark card sales. Wow. It really shows how greedy they have become. And for this I cannot excuse them for what they're doing with these patches as I just do not believe for a minute it has the users best intentions in them.

Any source on that bolded stuff?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

In all honestly i've been never been forced to buy a cash card, I didn't even care or knew Cash cards existed until GTaforums told me so.

The only time when I was presented with a cash card was when I was running low on money, I didn't buy it btw.

Why the hell would the patch the damn game for cash cards? That just seems stupid, they already got a billion so why would they bother when they don't even stuff it in the loading screen saying things like ''BUY A CASH CARD LOLOLOL WE GREEDY''. It's just R*'s way to tell the players that if they want to cheat legimately on the game, they will have to pay a small ammount of money.

And seriously how much do they really get with all those cash cards? Like 15 bucks?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

I see Rockstar are really taking advantage of that "No Cost to Patching Games on Console" end of generation thing. :p

• theNGclan likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

I see Rockstar are really taking advantage of that "No Cost to Patching Games on Console" end of generation thing. :p

Hey, who can blame them? It makes them predictable, so that's  good thing :p

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

''BUY A CASH CARD LOLOLOL WE GREEDY''

I am seriously laughing my ass off at this right now  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  thanks for the laugh.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:08 AM

Online multiplayer has had a negative effect on single player in almost every game in the past couple of years. Unfortunately, once developers decide that something is the next big thing, everything else takes a backseat.

Single player campaigns will continue to degrade in ALL games as the online multiplayer becomes the main focus. This is why we get smaller campaigns, missions and less content in single player. Rockstar is still pretty good at creating solid story modes, but GTAV is showing glimpses of Rockstar following everyone else's lead into this disturbing trend.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

Am I the only one who hasn't ever had an issue right after a patch was installed? It seems that the PS3 users are getting affected more than the 360 users. I play this on the 360 and so far, never encountered the "infinite loading glitch" or any glitch like that. Does someone wanna fill me in?

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

Loading screen is so annoying thing!
I thought it's was just me and I am so glad this problem has almost everyone, I see.I am little sad that multiplayer is so important than SP, just think guys.. they have made three awesome characters, all of them are so characteristic, and story is so fine... so why the hell they can't concentrate to add some things into single player?Or... some more action?Is that so hard jesus...
I'll be very mad if I will see in the future more f*cking updates of clothes, weapons or cars/planes for ONLY online.I like online, it's cool but for f*ck sakes for GTAV is more important single I think.

I am not multipalyer gamer I know it's my thing, just rank 35 and play only when I want with buddies, not crew-maniac sittin' all day and yellin at kids in tank why they are still killing me over n over.

Just look what that f*cks doin'... cheating money and so.

They can't play fair-game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users