• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic
Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

the night we called it a day

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

I still think Young Maylay's voice acting was amazing and was way better than Ray Liotta's. Only reason people here seem to think it was bad is because they don't like black people...

His voice acting was good, it's the character he portrayed that sucked so f*cking bad. Which is why people don't like CJ. He is the biggest wimp protagonist in the GTA series.

I disagree. I think CJ was a good protagonist.

latigreblue
  • latigreblue

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I still think Young Maylay's voice acting was amazing and was way better than Ray Liotta's. Only reason people here seem to think it was bad is because they don't like black people...

His voice acting was good, it's the character he portrayed that sucked so f*cking bad. Which is why people don't like CJ. He is the biggest wimp protagonist in the GTA series.

I disagree. I think CJ was a good protagonist.

I like CJ. 

ThatOneDork
  • ThatOneDork

Full of Surprises

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

They should have got Will Arnett to voice Franklin. He's no stranger to the hood game.

Mr WN
  • Mr WN

Filth Slayer

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

how come franklin's voice actor doesn't know how to scream?
have you ever jumped out of a helicopter with franklin?

he sounds like he's in a bubble, being suffocated by a pillow, while eating waffles as he falls to the ground screaming.

damn. you'd think r would edit that or something.

It's probably because he's so fat he can't even let out a decent scream.

V 9 L U K 3 4 V
  • V 9 L U K 3 4 V

v 9 L u k E 4 V

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

how come franklin's voice actor doesn't know how to scream?
have you ever jumped out of a helicopter with franklin?
he sounds like he's in a bubble, being suffocated by a pillow, while eating waffles as he falls to the ground screaming.
damn. you'd think r would edit that or something.

It's probably because he's so fat he can't even let out a decent scream.

16icg0y.jpg

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Anyone who thinks Johnny K was a good character is a fool. He's a cardboard character, and the whole of TLAD was just one big "Sons of Anarchy" ripoff (and not a very good one at that). Trevor stomping his head into brain pudding was a highlight of GTAV.

And to say the acting skills of Young Maylay are superior to the skills of Ray Liotta is a f*cking joke. Whoever said that is an idiot and clearly has never seen Goodfellas. Even his small roles, like playing Johnny Depp's father in Blow, he's f*cking awesome.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

This has been a problem in every GTA ever.  Even Ray Liotta couldn't do a convincing scream I believe.

Seriously, extended amounts of terrified or painful screaming is one of the hardest things for voice actors to do.  I believe the guy that voiced Niko and Johnny have both said this was one of the hardest things to do in their whole preformance.

What's so hard about screaming? Just yell in the damn microphone.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

This has been a problem in every GTA ever.  Even Ray Liotta couldn't do a convincing scream I believe.

Seriously, extended amounts of terrified or painful screaming is one of the hardest things for voice actors to do.  I believe the guy that voiced Niko and Johnny have both said this was one of the hardest things to do in their whole preformance.

What's so hard about screaming? Just yell in the damn microphone.

Because no one tumbling down a mountain would just scream continuously, with each impact another painful sound would be forced out of a person. And as for jumping out of planes, if you were screaming in a freefall, you wouldn't just scream until you HAD to take another breath, then stop screaming and just fall. To do the whole 'scream, breath, scream again' thing, and make it sound convincing, is not easy. If you think it is, record yourself trying it and post the clip here, so we can all laugh at you.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Someone's feeling sassy tonight :^)
  • Drunken Cowboy likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Obviously the reason. If you can't think of anything to counter argue, call them a racist.

OMG U DIN LIKE RAY LIOTTA Y U HATE ITALIAN PEOPLE U FUKIN RACIST!!!!!111111

• universetwisters and grumpy cat meme like this

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

Obviously the reason. If you can't think of anything to counter argue, call them a racist.

By seeing your reaction, I'm judging that you must be part of the KKK, you Lil' racist.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

By seeing your reaction, I'm judging that you must be part of the KKK, you Lil' racist.

omg u think cats r grumpy

WAT DO U HAV AGAINST THE CUSTOMS OF EGYPTIIONS U FUKIN RACIST?!!? SRS

• iProinsias likes this

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

omg u think cats r grumpy

WAT DO U HAV AGAINST THE CUSTOMS OF EGYPTIIONS U FUKIN RACIST?!!? SRS

Hahaha, awesome.

Stop calling anyone who doesn't like the performance of one black person in one role "racist", its such a pathetic cop out. I didn't like the fact that Will Smith played Robert Neville in the "I Am Legend" movie because in the novel he's of Norwegian descent and even has a full, blond beard. Then again, I didn't like the fact that he lived in a NYC apartment building instead of a fortified house in the suburbs like he does in the novel, does that make me a locale bigot?

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

the night we called it a day

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by gtaxpert, 13 January 2014 - 02:58 AM.

I hate Italian people but have a profile picture of Frank Sinatra...

But seriously, there are lots of people on this board who dislike black people. Not in a "they are genetically inferior and should be eraticated'' kind of way, but they just don't like them..

And to say the acting skills of Young Maylay are superior to the skills of Ray Liotta is a f*cking joke. Whoever said that is an idiot and clearly has never seen Goodfellas. Even his small roles, like playing Johnny Depp's father in Blow, he's f*cking awesome.

There's a difference between acting and VOICE acting. And I have seen Goodfellas, but that has nothing to do with it. I don't think Ray Liotta's voice acting was bad, I just appreciated Young Maylay's work more, that's all.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

I hate Italian people but have a profile picture of Frank Sinatra...

But seriously, there are lots of people on this board who dislike black people. Not in a "they are genetically inferior and should be eraticated'' kind of way, but they just don't like them..

And to some idiot saying I think Ray Liotta is a worse actor than Young Maylay: there's a difference between acting and VOICE-acting, dumbass.

No, dumbass, there isn't. Acting is acting. You're either convincing in a role or you aren't. And even if there was, how would a one-time voice actor be superior to a long time live action actor? He wouldn't, which makes you a f*cking idiot. Idiot.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:08 AM

Well, this sure has run its course.