how come franklin's voice actor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic
razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

how come franklin's voice actor doesn't know how to scream?
have you ever jumped out of a helicopter with franklin?

he sounds like he's in a bubble, being suffocated by a pillow, while eating waffles as he falls to the ground screaming.

damn. you'd think r would edit that or something.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

They made the mistake of going for a ghetto hood-rat type for a voice actor as opposed to a professional voice actor who can IMITATE a ghetto hood rat.

They made the same mistake with San Andreas, casting Young Maylay as C.J.

It's like in cartoons when they make the mistake of using children to voice children. They go through puberty, their voices get f*cked, and then they gotta keep recasting. You're supposed to get an adult who can professionally mimmick a kid.

Half-assed Rockstar bullsh*t in GTA V, this is nothing new.

• MagzGTA, grumpy cat meme, UltraGizmo64 and 2 others like this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

do you even know what a "hood rat" is? I HATE when people say that sh*t when they have absolutey NO IDEA what it actually means.

and you called R* half assed for using aunthenticism? that's why your precious JohnnyK. got his brain CRUNCHED under the gristle of trevors boot, HUH COWBOY????? 

• epoxi, AlinH92, StarFyer and 10 others like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

do you even know what a "hood rat" is? I HATE when people say that sh*t when they have absolutey NO IDEA what it actually means.

and you called R* half assed for using aunthenticism? that's why your precious JohnnyK. got his brain CRUNCHED under the gristle of trevors boot, HUH COWBOY????? 

whoa boi calm yo sh*t yo bein a busta

• grumpy cat meme, 5Skinner, Black & White and 1 other like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:59 AM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 11 January 2014 - 09:33 AM.

whoa boi calm yo sh*t yo bein a busta

What the hell are you doing in the Gta V section anyway? Fu*k off to the tlad section where you belong with your precious so-called god Johnny K.Not trying to be rude but I've seen many posts of yours claiming that V is an unfinished game because of their treatment to Johnny K.

• epoxi, Jacob-B and KingKock like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

Whoa, kids being aggressive for no reason. Must be the cause of those violent killer games, calling media with two phones right now.
  • visionist, TJGM, Mega and 5 others like this

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

Killing of any character tied to GTA 4 is an excellent idea. I was totally hoping Niko would be killed off in a mission too. At least Roman is locked under the ocean.

Clearly Rockstar saw the need to make amends for such sh*tty characters in GTA 4 and should be applauded.

• Osho and Gta_V_Fan_101 like this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Can't say I've ever taken notice to really care.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:46 AM Edited by hornedturtle, 11 January 2014 - 09:46 AM.

To be honest, I have no idea how to scream....I just can't do it.
  • Nathaaann likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Lets be honest. R* weakened Johnny by turning him into methhead to help push Trevor's character. 2008 Johnny would've tied Trevor by the neck with some rope to the back of his Hexer and dragged his battered corpse all over Sandy Shores.

What the hell are you doing in the Gta V section anyway? Fu*k off to the tlad section where you belong with your precious so-called god Johnny K.Not trying to be rude but I've seen many posts of yours claiming that V is an unfinished game because of their treatmentarrow-10x10.png to Johnny K.

Drunken Cowboy has as much right to post here as anyone else. If his posts bother you so much just ignore them.  As for not trying to be rude you weren't trying very hard.

It fascinates me when people treat these forums like they're exclusive clubs really.

• Mega, grumpy cat meme, 5Skinner and 4 others like this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Lol I agree

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

They made the mistake of going for a ghetto hood-rat type for a voice actor as opposed to a professional voice actor who can IMITATE a ghetto hood rat.

Yeah, lets cast some cartoony imitation black guy. Awesome idea bro...

CJ and Franklin both had great voice acting.

• SmoothGetaway, V 9 L U K 3 4 V, latigreblue and 2 others like this

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Better then CJ. "ahhhhhh I hate gravity!!"
  • TJGM, Mega and Niobium like this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

2008 Johnny was cool as f*ck. I actually liked him, I was honestly just pushing DC's buttons... 

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

It's like in cartoons when they make the mistake of using children to voice children. They go through puberty, their voices get f*cked, and then they gotta keep recasting. You're supposed to get an adult who can professionally mimmick a kid.

You do realise Franklin is like 23 or something, right? Everyone would have gone through puberty by that age, unless they've got like a medical condition regarding testosterone or hormonal damage or some sh*t, I ain't a doctor D:

V 9 L U K 3 4 V
  • V 9 L U K 3 4 V

v 9 L u k E 4 V

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:33 AM Edited by V 9 L U K 3 4 V, 11 January 2014 - 11:36 AM.

If there was a main protagonist in gta 5 rockstar would have wanted it to be franklin why u say because he is real Shawn fonteno has lived this life he's been there and done it so his performance is real he is giving us a performance of what would actually happen which is why rockstar are the greatest game creators in the world.

Think about it

Trevor - Steven ogg - has a son built a house in the woods lives in New York NOTHING like Trevor has no violent f*cked up inbred past

Micheal - Ned Luke - got a family like Michael but he has no robbing banks past he is just an actor who has had no big break accept minor roles on major tv shows that's it oh n of course gta v again nothing like his character on gta v

And your concerned about his scream ? Ok why don't you ring rockstar up and tell them your concerned about his scream I'm pretty sure they will tell you to go outside and breath some oxygen in instead of inhaling your own farts
  • SuburbansWorst and LancerG2 like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Whoa, kids being aggressive for no reason. Must be the cause of those violent killer games, calling media with two phones right now.

Lmao!

OT: Say whatever you want about Franklin's voice actor, he did his job well if you ask me.

Best voice is still Lamar. :p
  • TheStranger_NL likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Lets be honest. R* weakened Johnny by turning him into methhead to help push Trevor's character. 2008 Johnny would've tied Trevor by the neck with some rope to the back of his Hexer and dragged his battered corpse all over Sandy Shores.

What the hell are you doing in the Gta V section anyway? Fu*k off to the tlad section where you belong with your precious so-called god Johnny K.Not trying to be rude but I've seen many posts of yours claiming that V is an unfinished game because of their treatmentarrow-10x10.png to Johnny K.

Drunken Cowboy has as much right to post here as anyone else. If his posts bother you so much just ignore them.  As for not trying to be rude you weren't trying very hard.

It fascinates me when people treat these forums like they're exclusive clubs really.

Alright Alright I have to admit I was rude in my post. I was in a bad mood and I apologize.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

No need to apologise. Just try not to let it happen again.. It's cool.:)
  • Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

To be honest I don't really care, Shawn has done an excellent work.

• PulpFiction likes this

CrAiG_92
  • CrAiG_92

Wheelman

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

If they hired an imitation actor. You would still complain. Why?

There's an interview with the actors for the game. R*'s script was awful apparently. Franklin addressing people as 'mate' and loads of other terms that just don't fit for that character. Shawn changed it up for the better.

A scream. Really. Get some perspective...

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Franklin's voice reminds me of Ice-T.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

I love it how when one person uses "hood rat", "slum rat", etc. in their opinion of Franklin, all the CJ/Franklin fanboys or wanabee gangsters jump on the hate bandwagon

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Maybe he just screams differently. Don't take this game too seriously dude. It's just a VIDEO GAME. 

Jeeze, people think Rockstar messed up their life somehow.

• Distrom likes this

Going Nowhere
  • Going Nowhere

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

I personally thought Shawn did a good job. Of course this is my opinion and it can vary with others.

• SuburbansWorst likes this

Failure
  • Failure

Seems every path leads me to nowhere...

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

Umm...OK.

I actually thought the portrayal of CJ was excellent in SA, just as Franklin's was in V. The naturalness with which the actors employ idiom makes their dalogue seem a lot less forced than it would be with a typical actor imitating an impoverished young man in the circumstances of the protagonists.

The inability of voice actors to correctly imitate how one sounds on falling off a f*cking building is hardly a valid measure of their acting ability--how does one sound when falling of a building?

• bobo081093, Jacob-B and KingKock like this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

@UniverseTwisters

Becauseeeeee......

most of you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about, and you all sound dumb as hell when you use words in the incorrect context  and think you know what you're talking about.

you do the same thing. when talking about franklin you'll say "slumrat this, hoodrat that" but you have no clue what it means so you look like and idiot when saying it....

• KING2dor, SuburbansWorst and Jacob-B like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

@UniverseTwisters

Becauseeeeee......

most of you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about, and you all sound dumb as hell when you use words in the incorrect context  and think you know what you're talking about.

you do the same thing. when talking about franklin you'll say "slumrat this, hoodrat that" but you have no clue what it means so you look like and idiot when saying it....

So what's your definition of a slum/hood rat?

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

I thought the acting in this game was stellar, truly brilliant, and Shawn should be included in that. I can't say I've noticed the screaming, but it's hardly an issue, where the acting counts, it was done very well and I was impressed throughout the entire experience. 

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

@universe twisters, THE definition of a hoodrat is a FEMALE prostitute In the ghetto...

now a slumrat seems to be some new type of derogatory sh*t that you seemed to have made up in order to insult things about African American culture that you don't like so, bravo to you for that. a fine contribution to society, thank you... 

• epoxi, Failure, SmoothGetaway and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users