Photo

Weird Jet AI

37 replies to this topic
Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

So earlier I was playing with my best friend, and we were at the Grapeseed Airfield, so I use the Mallard and fly over Fort Zancudo to see if there were a million Rhino Tanks, at first I got no wanted level, but then the vehicles spawned and I got the wanted level, so I fly back to my friend, still at Grapeseed, but then a Jet spawns behind me, So I dodge the missles, then it disappeared, then reappeared and shot a missle, it did this a few times, even spawning a few feet to my side and flying right through me, literally, then I'm probably half or 3/4's of the way to Sandy Shores Airfield (I changed my course) and when I think I got away, I see an explosion a few feet behind the Mallard, then I turn the camera to SEE THE JET HAS RETURNED! Then I dodge another missile and get over the Airfield and parachute out of the Mallard and land, I get in a Titan and go in the pause menu to see where my friend is (We've been talking during the whole time this was happening), I then have the parked Titan explode by the Jet, killing me, my friend then comes, and I flip sideways by yet another missile and die while he's running to me and he says "I see what you mean", a Gang Attack then starts, he's trying to complete it while I try to take pictures of the Jet, while I either get killed by the Jet or interrupted by the stupid gang from the Gang Attack, then it eventually disappeared, the Jet, then me and my friend finish playing for the night

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

That's a big paragraph.
  • Sharks80fr, Franceska and Kelvin_00 like this

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

Yep, although it seemed bigger while writing it

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

I find things like this keep it interesting

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

What?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:33 AM Edited by marco-polo, 11 January 2014 - 04:34 AM.

Yeah they're spawn killers for sure, report them.

They do stalk you after death, cannon fire is a good way to die! :p

But yeah sometimes they like to annoy you after they have completed their mission - I ejected out of my jet before it exploded and shot the pilot out of one who was about to take off yesterday, all good, ready to go and bang - missile to the front landing gear....another to finish me off shortly after..

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

Scumbag Military, thinking they can spawn kill

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:51 AM

this is why each time i steal a jet i turn around and dogfight the ai. he's got another thing coming if he thinks hes gonna shoot me.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:09 AM

I made a similar thread like this a couple of months ago....

Stalking AI Jets.  :)

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:00 AM

They seem to do that sometimes now. It's a bit harder to get away.

I read the thread title as "Weird Jet Al" as in Al being an a capital A then lower case L. Must say I was little disappointed. I was hoping to read about DLC that included Weird Al Yankovich wearing a jet pack.
  • saintsrow, KimberJane, Itzreality and 2 others like this

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

I stole a jet the other day and managed to maneuver into position behind the AI jet that chased me out of the base, figured I'd try to take it out with the cannons, and to my bewilderment the jet shat out a rocket that hit me in the face.  I never felt more trolled in my life.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

They seem to do that sometimes now. It's a bit harder to get away.

I read the thread title as "Weird Jet Al" as in Al being an a capital A then lower case L. Must say I was little disappointed. I was hoping to read about DLC that included Weird Al Yankovich wearing a jet pack.

Yeah, this definitely. Much disappointment to be had.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

Man for a second I thought this was a Weird Al topic!

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

I never felt more trolled in my life.

:D :D

They can do amazing things.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

I was playing solo so I could practice stealing Lazers, when one followed me out of the base. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to avoid, but it started acting like another player, every time i shot a rocket at it, it would do a barrel roll, or a loop around behind me and fire it's rockets. It got my engine, which caught on fire so I ejected over Zancudo. As I was parachuting down he lined me up and fired his MACHINE GUNS, and killed me. As I was falling to the ground and the 'wasted' screen was showing, I saw him do a barrel roll and then a knife edge turn. 

Weirdest AI I'e ever seen

BadFish82
  • BadFish82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

I stole a jet the other day and managed to maneuver into position behind the AI jet that chased me out of the base, figured I'd try to take it out with the cannons, and to my bewilderment the jet shat out a rocket that hit me in the face.  I never felt more trolled in my life.

Same thing happened to me the other day too. Guess its all about the pentiums baby.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

The pilot is a Top Gun

TOMTopGun.jpg

Best of the best out there.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Ok. 

You're not just some dyslexic guy talking about Weird Al's jet. 

I had to check.  Carry on.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

That gotta be the most hardcore AI in GTA Online.

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

• I'm more annoyed by the super sonic, undetectable missiles which are being fired at you if you fly a split-second too long over Fort Zancudo.
  • Did anyone noticed that stealing a jet became pretty difficult after the Christmas update? I also don't remember ever seeing other jets chasing me before Christmas.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

• I'm more annoyed by the super sonic, undetectable missiles which are being fired at you if you fly a split-second too long over Fort Zancudo.
  • Did anyone noticed that stealing a jet became pretty difficult after the Christmas update? I also don't remember ever seeing other jets chasing me before Christmas.

I haven't found it any more difficult after the Christmas update. 

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

I haven't found it more difficult, unless you count the amount of Rhino's patrolling around

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

I haven't found it more difficult, unless you count the amount of Rhino's patrolling around

Tanks definitely cruise around a bit more, goes from 2>6+ in no time. GTFO of there..

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

I think its kinda dumb how there are some enemy jets that are invisible on the radar and you get no warning of a missile lock on. You just explode out of nowhere. When I take off and dodge the first couple of missiles I always do a loop around to teach that wannabe how to be a true fighter pilot. 

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

You should hear the beeps if a missile were to be fired, instant death is from the cannon.

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 11 January 2014 - 04:32 PM.

Tanks definitely cruise around a bit more, goes from 2>6+ in no time. GTFO of there..

Had one spawn directly behind last night me as i was driving into the big hangar to steal the jet.  I got out of my car and turned around just in time to eat a tank shell. Talk about sloppy, senseless bullsh*t

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

The thing is, Jets eat tanks for breakfast, and R* likes tanks.. So they make the ultimate anti-tank weapon harder to get. I wouldn't be shocked to see R* nerfing the Jets canon into something useless and put some more buffed up armour on the tank while they're at it.

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

the ai jets are the single worst thing about getting a jet, a tank rolling up on you whilst you get a jet is a million times less annoying than being blown to smithereens just as you get to the city when you checked thoroughly behind you and there was nothing.

no warning sounds from missiles 50% of the time, no dot on the radar, perfect aim and they sometimes bug out and when you kill one another spawns behind and kills you instantly, plus they will probably then spawn camp you too, absolutely need removing its totally unfair to the player and just furthers the fairness divide between jets and tanks.

Getting a jet shouldn't be so random, the tanks should patrol in a way the makes it there is always somewhere you can get a jet without being killed before getting off the ground, the missile that targets you is fine as you can reliably dodge that 99% of the time but then that should be the end of the ordeal.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

DAMNED

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

I saw a jet hovering over me like a heli when I went FZ. It came closer and then BAM! Bitch headshots me with his cannon, which shouldn't be possible because I was directly under him. How the hell did he do that?

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:21 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 11 January 2014 - 05:25 PM.

I would like a pegasus jet... i still miss my personal jet.

I saw a jet hovering over me like a heli when I went FZ. It came closer and then BAM! Bitch headshots me with his cannon, which shouldn't be possible because I was directly under him. How the hell did he do that?

As i said a few times, the AI still uses the pre set VTOL jet AI. Before R* released GTA V, the fighter jet as the Hydra as in GTA SA.

As seen in the earlyer trailers:

gta5jettrailer.jpg

So they still can hover and all that stuff.

Part of that handling is still seen in the Laser jet, as we can take off extreme fast and are extreme slow. Its speed is almost the same as a buzzard and all..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users