41 replies to this topic
gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

But that would ruin the iconic look of the jeep having its wheel hidden away

Yeah I guess they are going for a more old school utilitarian look with this one. So having an exposed spare wheel probably adds to that. But still I would prefer seeing it mounted on the tailgate. 

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:29 PM Edited by Ben73, 28 March 2014 - 12:36 PM.

Not a fan of this Wrangler pickup. Especially that spare wheel. Can't have that there.

Looks pretty good, but I don't like the spare mounted on the side, I would prefer it on the back.  It will be the smallest pickup truck available for sale since the Ford Ranger went away in 2011.

I'm guessing you are American.
I just bought a 2014 Ranger and it is one of the largest pickups for sale in Australia(unless you get an overpriced grey import from the US). Current Ford Ranger is bigger than previous models. Similar size as the VW Amarok.

You must be pushing that Ford a lot unless there better over there

The Ranger seams to have a good rep.

Current PX model has only been out for 2 years or so. I have only heard 1 horror story looking them up online.

I guess every manufacturer makes the odd lemon.

Talking about lemons, most American cars have a bad rep here. Especially Jeep.

We have no American made Fords sold here anymore.

Ford Falcon AU is up there as one of the most reliable cars in Australia.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

Yeah I guess they are going for a more old school utilitarian look with this one. So having an exposed spare wheel probably adds to that. But still I would prefer seeing it mounted on the tailgate.

That is the best place for it 

Not a fan of this Wrangler pickup. Especially that spare wheel. Can't have that there.

Looks pretty good, but I don't like the spare mounted on the side, I would prefer it on the back.  It will be the smallest pickup truck available for sale since the Ford Ranger went away in 2011.

I just bought a 2014 Ranger and it is one of the largest pickups for sale in Australia(unless you get an overpriced grey import from the US). Current Ford Ranger is bigger than previous models. Similar size as the VW Amarok.

Current PX model has only been out for 2 years or so. I have only heard 1 horror story looking them up online.

Any Chryslers always have problems especially transmission problems, usually they only last about 150 thousand before you have to rebuild them

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:40 AM Edited by Ben73, 30 March 2014 - 11:41 AM.

Any Chryslers always have problems especially transmission problems, usually they only last about 150 thousand before you have to rebuild them

My 300c 06 5.7L V8 died at 92,000kms

whats that like 60,000 miles. Worse car I ever owned.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:27 PM Edited by gtamann123, 30 March 2014 - 11:19 PM.

My 300c 06 5.7L V8 died at 92,000kms
whats that like 60,000 miles. Worse car I ever owned.

Yeah Chryslers are garbage. My dad has banned anyone in the family from ever owning one because he got sick of having to work in them all the time. Which kind of makes me sad because I kind of want a Dodge Challenger some day. (And its also ironic because he used to have an old school challenge back in the 70s and we owned that Jeep plow truck) I mean I could get one but then I couldn't rely on my dad for repairs.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

You live in the USA, so it wouldn't be as big as deal for you if it did have problems.

They are overpriced, and parts are scarce and expensive here in Australia.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

One of my teachers wife's has a 2008 Jeep Gandy Cherokee and he says there is a shipload of problems with it and it a 08 my dad want to get my mom a Cherokee but I don't know what's up with that

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:26 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 06 May 2014 - 07:27 PM.

http://www.forbes.co...in-global-push/

Jeep Will Produce SUVs in 6 Countries In Global Push

Jeep, one of the strongest brands owned by the newly merged Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, plans a huge global push over the next five years, with sales more than doubling to 1.9 million worldwide by 2018, and most of the growth coming from outside North America.

Jeep’s manufacturing footprint will be dramatically transformed as well, going from five models, all built in the U.S., to six models built in six countries. By 2018, Jeeps will be manufactured in 10 plants worldwide.

Following the launch this year of the tiny Jeep Renegade, the brand plans to introduce a new compact SUV in 2016, replacing the current Patriot and Compass models, and refresh the newly introduced mid-sized Cherokee. In 2017, a new Wrangler and Grand Cherokee will debut, followed in 2018 by a new top-of-the-line, three-row Grand Wagoneer.

Details were announced at an analyst day at Chrysler Group’s Auburn Hills, Mich., headquarters.

qSPE86Tl.jpg

The Renegade. Not gonna lie, I actually want one.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:16 PM Edited by epoxi, 06 May 2014 - 08:17 PM.

Apparently despite being based on the Fiat 500L, the Renegade isn't small, it's bigger than a Nissan Qashqai.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

I love the Renegade! Can't understand how it ended up in the fugly thread a while ago, because i think it looks awesome.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

I don't like it, I believe I already mentioned in the fugly car thread that it reminds me to some sort of Japanese design. Anyway I used to think the same about the new Cherokee and in person it doesn't look bad at all...

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:22 AM Edited by pokemon4ever, 12 May 2014 - 03:23 AM.

Anyway I used to think the same about the new Cherokee and in person it doesn't look bad at all...

yea when I saw the new gen Cherokee online, I thought it looked dumb. But when I saw it in person, I thought it was pretty slick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users