Photo

FIX THE DAM INSURED CAR DISAPPEARING ACT

81 replies to this topic
Ova-Destroy
  • Ova-Destroy

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

lost 740,000 but rockstar gave me 100k and deemed it solve so things are ok....

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

I don't understand this bug. It's never happened to me.
I wonder if it's got something to do with cars bought/insured AFTER 1.08.

My entire garage is pre-1.08 and I regularly claim them back in all manners of ways. Maybe 1.08 messed things up in that regard, I know they have done some tweaking to them since since you now can sell cars that are over 50K if they were bought after the patch, whereas prepatch cars can't be sold over that amount.

Could be wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

That is a good theory but unfortunately the Monroe I had that lost it's insurance was purchased pre-patch and can't be sold. I actually think the majority of vehicles that have been effected would be pre-patch as the bug is on slot 1 where your oldest car in most likely to be. Nice idea though
  • StewNorth likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:23 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 12 January 2014 - 08:27 AM.

Happened to me the other day in slot 1, my tailgater got blown up and it wasn't in mors

Lately i've only been driving website bought cars because of it

LMAO, those get bugged out just as well. Thats a fact!

My entire garage is pre-1.08 and I regularly claim them back in all manners of ways. Maybe 1.08 messed things up in that regard, I know they have done some tweaking to them since since you now can sell cars that are over 50K if they were bought after the patch, whereas prepatch cars can't be sold over that amount.

That is a good theory but unfortunately the Monroe I had that lost it's insurance was purchased pre-patch and can't be sold. I actually think the majority of vehicles that have been effected would be pre-patch as the bug is on slot 1 where your oldest car in most likely to be. Nice idea though

Yeah but its not that mate, In fact even my most recent car keeps losing its insurance which is also parked in the back. So now i have this

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Parked right here:

0_0.jpg

And almost daily it loses its insurance.

• Jolly Swagman likes this

SideStunt
  • SideStunt

"He's covered wars, ya' know."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

A couple days ago I have lost my Sultan even though it wasn't in slot 1, it was second from the top on the left side, my friend accidentaly blew it up then I called Mors, no answers. I have found out that it was caused by the Cargobob Car Dupe Glitch which I have done earlier on my Sultan, that car was also saved before 1.08. Got a new one anyway, now it doesn't ninja vanish when blown up.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

A couple days ago I have lost my Sultan even though it wasn't in slot 1, it was second from the top on the left side, my friend accidentaly blew it up then I called Mors, no answers. I have found out that it was caused by the Cargobob Car Dupe Glitch which I have done earlier on my Sultan, that car was also saved before 1.08. Got a new one anyway, now it doesn't ninja vanish when blown up.

I haven't glitched any cars/ choppers in ever so the slot 1 thing looks like it's a different issue to that.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:18 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 12 January 2014 - 11:19 AM.

I think its safe to say, untill another patch is released and pointed out by notes released by R* that its, its best to use only cars you can afford to lose. 

However that might take some time, regarding hackers ruining online, giving R* no time to fix normal glitches because they have to try to do everything to put a stop to them. Which sadly is an never ending story.

the-never-ending-story-dragon.jpeg

PS i never glitched any car into Slot 1 and it also bugs the crap out of me.

Iceman918
  • Iceman918

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

I've had this happen to me THREE TIMES!  And it never fails to be the most annoying cars to retrieve again. The 1st and 3rd time it was my Sentinel convertible and the 2nd time it was my Tailgater.  And btw, it's well documented that the Tailgater SUCKS to obtain but for anyone that has searched out the Sentinel convertible knows it's probably the WORST car to try and find online, besides maybe a Karin Intruder....

Anyway, I was able to get both back and currently have a full garage but came up with a theory.... I have lived in Weasel Plaza for months and only just recently began having an issue with cars disappearing; right around the same time that I started noticing a dramatic increase in the population of people that now live in Weasel Plaza.  My theory is that it's primarily if not exclusively, an issue for people who live in Weasel or The Eclipse Towers since it appears that 90% of the GTA population live in 1 of the 2 at this point.  My brother was able to obtain Franklin's Buffalo by entering his garage and having it mix with some random other person's, leaving the garage with it, and re-entering.  I'm wondering if THAT is what causes people's cars to disappear.  I decided to move to the Integrity Towers to avoid the over population and to hopefully never have to search tirelessly for a Sentinel or Tailgater ever again.

If I'm right, then you're welcome haha.  But so far so good.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

I've had this happen to me THREE TIMES!  And it never fails to be the most annoying cars to retrieve again. The 1st and 3rd time it was my Sentinel convertible and the 2nd time it was my Tailgater.  And btw, it's well documented that the Tailgater SUCKS to obtain but for anyone that has searched out the Sentinel convertible knows it's probably the WORST car to try and find online, besides maybe a Karin Intruder....

Anyway, I was able to get both back and currently have a full garage but came up with a theory.... I have lived in Weasel Plaza for months and only just recently began having an issue with cars disappearing; right around the same time that I started noticing a dramatic increase in the population of people that now live in Weasel Plaza.  My theory is that it's primarily if not exclusively, an issue for people who live in Weasel or The Eclipse Towers since it appears that 90% of the GTA population live in 1 of the 2 at this point.  My brother was able to obtain Franklin's Buffalo by entering his garage and having it mix with some random other person's, leaving the garage with it, and re-entering.  I'm wondering if THAT is what causes people's cars to disappear.  I decided to move to the Integrity Towers to avoid the over population and to hopefully never have to search tirelessly for a Sentinel or Tailgater ever again.

I'm in Richard Majestic and have copped it. Nice try though, we will only work it out if everyone throws out their ideas.

jordbroforever
  • jordbroforever

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

I don't believe it's only occuring for people in The Eclipse Towers or Weazel Plaza since this has happened to my MW Mesa and I live in Tinsel Towers.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

I found my Schafter (which is in the first slot) lost its insurance and had to rebuy it for $8000s.

You guys better set your spawn location on Property.

Yeah probably this is just another Rockstar's shady trick to destroy our finance. I somewhat believe that they dislike the fact we have a good amount of money without Cash Card. And until the next patch, how much player's in-game dollars have they ruined.

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

How many of you people that lose cars from your garage have done the rearrange glitch ?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

How many of you people that lose cars from your garage have done the rearrange glitch ?

I haven't rearranged my garage at all. The only thing I've done that could be called irregular at all was putting one of the Blaine county grangers in my garage. That was back in the days where you could just steal the car from the police and garage it without doing anything strange, so it wasn't really a glitch. It was in a different slot as well so I don't think that would be the cause.

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:55 PM Edited by killa_b, 12 January 2014 - 01:55 PM.

Yeah I can confirm it happened me too. One question, is slot 1 the furthest away from the garage door and the elevator? (The one next to the bike rack?) If so then my phoenix is gone from there. 100% legit, no duping or glitching.

The funny thing is I ring my mechanic and it comes up on the list of cars to choose except it has (destroyed) beside it. I call Mors and it gives me the standard response for when I have nothing to get from them. Is this car gone for good?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Yeah I can confirm it happened me too. One question, is slot 1 the furthest away from the garage door and the elevator? (The one next to the bike rack?) If so then my phoenix is gone from there. 100% legit, no duping or glitching.

The funny thing is I ring my mechanic and it comes up on the list of cars to choose except it has (destroyed) beside it. I call Mors and it gives me the standard response for when I have nothing to get from them. Is this car gone for good?

Yeah, slot 1 is the one you described. What you explained were the exact same circumstances as me. Mine appeared back in my garage 2 or 3 days later (uninsured) so might be a good idea just to wait a few days and hope for the best.

killa_b
  • killa_b

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Yeah, slot 1 is the one you described. What you explained were the exact same circumstances as me. Mine appeared back in my garage 2 or 3 days later (uninsured) so might be a good idea just to wait a few days and hope for the best.

Thanks but that was a week ago now I think. I'll wait and see. I remember playing destruction derby with the crew outside my apartment. She got wrecked. if only I rang Mors earlier, I could have saved her!

Or might get a new car, maybe invest in a chrome adder. I feel people haven't been killing me enough lately.

• Jolly Swagman likes this

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

This Bug may be getting worse or spreading to other slots in the Garages,After losing a Sandking XL that was insured, I read on a similar thread that slot 1 in the garage was the "bugged" slot ....... I assumed slot 1 in a 10 car garage was located in the Right Rear of the Garage and that was where my Sandking XL was parked

Then Last night while while playing my  Sandking SWB was destroyed This one was Parked in what i would call slot 2 The Left Rear of the 10 car Garage

Mors Mutual would not answer for either of these two vehicles, In both instances if i called Mechanic to deliver a vehicle , the vehicle in question would show up as Destoried

After the first loss i would always check for insurance before i pulled that vehicle out of the garage, Last night it said Insured

Here is what that they have in common

• The two Sandkings were my first two Garaged and Insured vehicles (i stole them before stimulus package was released in NOV) so they have been with from the starting  Garage i purchased close to Beekers Garage and were the first two vehicles parked in the 10 car garage/apt i purchased with the Stimulus money
  • Both Times I was in a closed friends session
  • Both Times the vehicle was Destroyed with the Driver having a wanted level of two stars or more  (But not the same player, the first time i was in city with the cops chasing me and hit some gas pumps at a gas station and me and the truck went up in flames ..........The second time (Last night)  a friend jumped in my other truck and took off while i was in LSC checking out a car and the upgrade options it had..he took off and after a few minutes a 3 friend blew him up with a grenade launcher
  • I never received a notification that my truck was destroyed from either incident
  • Both times i tried to call the mechanic, and both times it listed the vehicle as destoryed
  • Both times I left the Friends only lobby and went to an open public lobby to try and call in a claim, Both failed
  • Both Times I left Multi-player, returning to Story Mode and Re-entered Multi-player and tried  calling in a claim  Both Failed
  • Both Vehicles were fully upgraded allowed by my rank and unlock requirements (I did the upgrades as i unlocked them)

I

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Dude, we don't work for rockstar game. Visit the dam website and sent a ticket.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Could be that, my first slot car is a gauntlet and I hardly ever take it out in freeroam (except to change the paint coat once in a while) and is only used for racing, so I never actually had to claim it back through insurance since october.

It's a shame that each patch comes with new bugs, I know Rockstar's got its hands full at the moment with all sorts of issues, but it's a shame they don't put more effort in testing before release. considering they need patch certifications before putting them up online you'd think they'd be more careful about what they upload, but hey we're not Rockstar so much we can do about that.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

with a reply like that, you should apply for a job, they would hire you on the spot

I have 3 support tickets this incident being the newest  the other two are over 21 days old and i have gotten no response what so ever

so posting and reading on these forums what others have had to happen and how is the only way to try and avoid them happening

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

with a reply like that, you should apply for a job, they would hire you on the spot

I have 3 support tickets this incident being the newest  the other two are over 21 days old and i have gotten no response what so ever

so posting and reading on these forums what others have had to happen and how is the only way to try and avoid them happening

what can we do about that? Maybe everybody should sent a ticket. I never had any problems with this insurance disappearing. How is it happening?

Brynley
  • Brynley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

This happened to me recently. i had a car perma destroyed from a tank (car was NOT in slot 1 btw.)

Exact scenario: I accepted an apartment invite, my car (fully insured) was left on the street and a tank driver blew it to kingdom come while I was in someone's apartment. MMI didnt pick up, and it showed as (DESTROYED) in mechanic list and the spot was now empty in my garage.

Also it gave me the "Your car was destroyed next time insure your vehicle dialog blah blah" msg when the tank blew it up. This is definitely a non isolated bug...

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

The only ChrilLe you know and need!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Never experienced any of these problems.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

KBL007
  • KBL007

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hi guys,

Had a lovely car which I spent eight grand insuring and then some nice chap blew it up.

Can't find the insurance company anywhere??

I don;t have a garage yet, does that make a difference?

All the best,

KBL

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

Hi guys,

Had a lovely car which I spent eight grand insuring and then some nice chap blew it up.
Can't find the insurance company anywhere??

I don;t have a garage yet, does that make a difference?

All the best,

KBL

If you pull out your phone Mors mutual insurance should be in your contacts. You need to call them to claim your car rather than finding the company. If they don't answer it sounds like it might be a similar problem to what's described in this thread. Please post again if the insurance company won't answer. It would be slot 1 that your car is in if you don't have a garage so be interesting if it also effects people with no garage.

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

No. I lost my Sultan (My first car and got the insurance for free from Simeon). 

I believe it was back in 1.05 I got that car.

I haven't used that.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

first my sentinel convertible, then my primo, now my rancher xl. this is fukn BULLsh*t!!!!!!

Funnily enough, my Sentinel convertible bit the dust today, too.

It's the only Sentinel convertible I've ever seen in the game, and now it's gone. 

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

first my sentinel convertible, then my primo, now my rancher xl. this is fukn BULLsh*t!!!!!!

Funnily enough, my Sentinel convertible bit the dust today, too.
It's the only Sentinel convertible I've ever seen in the game, and now it's gone. 

I can try to help u. When I rode around in a ubermacht cabrio it made the game spawn the sentinel convertibles. Go to invite only. Set spawn location to last location, go to the golf course by the graveyard, and look around a bit. If it dosent spawn, leave gta online and come right back to invite only and it should spawn.
Don't ask me how, it worked for me twice. Hope it works for u. You may have to buy the cabrio if you can't find one.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

Oh, I already got another one. This forum is really informative. You can find a Sentinel convertible by the observatory. And also, the Sentinel that is forever destroyed was in slot 1.

kali16
  • kali16

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Again, if you have lost a car by this glitch just wait some days 2 or 3 it will be back uninsured.

Brynley
  • Brynley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

^^ not always the case ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users