Quantcast

» «
Photo

Need help deciding on rims for my Phoenix.

60 replies to this topic
Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:37 AM Edited by Omnifarious, 15 January 2014 - 09:09 AM.

So, I just CANNOT figure out what I want to do with the tires of this car... I do however want to leave the orange/black paint job, (Because I have one car of each color or so, like a green one, yellow, orange, blue, red, etc.) light tint, and the Daytona spoiler, because I love the old iconic Daytona spoilers! However, rims... I've gone through SO many choices on rims, but just can't decide on what looks the best!

I want to stick to some kind of high profile tires, which leaves muscle, tuner, and lowrider. However, I am not opposed to the idea of using low profile tires, if they look good on the car.

I used to have some different types of black muscle rims on there, kind of like the look of some of the spoked tuner tires in frost white against the orange/black car too, but my Ruiner already has a set of those on it to match the spoked spoiler it has on it.

Here are few shots of the car from various times with various rims on it, I know there's some Phoenix owners out there! What kind of rims are on YOUR Phoenix? Let me see 'em!

SiyTjji.jpg

NUFiifb.jpg

2cm1ixI.jpg

5Dm7ZEM.jpg

j6Y7ZTx.jpg

JENjrcD.jpg

rFG6DNm.jpg

RNp0oGp.jpg

dZjwRzc.jpg

Hdt6Hze.jpg

y8ZSmO4.jpg

XPwXIpc.jpg

8beQR1N.jpg

OyZpfIy.jpg

Woops... Sorry for the double post, I wanted to see if pressing back, and editing the title would edit the title of the current thread, or just create a clone of the thread. It has created a clone of the thread, lol.

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

Sport rims. Either the first one or last one. That's what I usually go with.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

I put on an aftermarket set and painted them bright yellow and then went back to the stock snowflakes which gives them a gold color.

0_0.jpg

• livejoker, Ninja_Gear, DawkinsEfect and 8 others like this

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

Personally I like the "revolver" set in muscle in black.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

Tuner Endos (V2 I think) on mine....

0_0.jpg

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Avtomat Kalashnikova

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

Anything, except low rider rims.

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Thug

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

Why do you say that? Is it because you don't like how they look or do those tires have inferior performance levels compared to high end tires?

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

Use sports or high-end. Trust me no one uses "muscle" tires in real life. Only in old cars.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

i chose the sports rim dash VIP i think.

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:53 AM Edited by UnicornAssassin, 11 January 2014 - 02:56 AM.

These, in this colour... (Yes, I know this isn't a Phoenix but the rims will suit yours nicely.)

0_0.jpg

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

Use sports or high-end. Trust me no one uses "muscle" tires in real life. Only in old cars.

Pheonix is some where around 40 years old.

I'd go with Carbon Inferno.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

These, in this colour... (Yes, I know this isn't a Phoenix but the rims will suit yours nicely.)

0_0.jpg

i see those rims and i think jap car. for me they are just to classic as jap rims to put them on anything else.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Avtomat Kalashnikova

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

Why do you say that? Is it because you don't like how they look or do those tires have inferior performance levels compared to high end tires?

I say it because Daytons have no place on a muscle car. It is ugly and just ruins what the car is. If someone does have it...I am not gonna hate, but know it looks dumb. It would be like putting off-road rims on a Ferrari....it's just not right.

Now when I say muscle car I mean that. I don't mean Impalas and such. That's style. This is just my opinion.

I would like to add that white walls on a muscle are pretty cool imo, if done right. However I personally would put them on early classic cars. This is just my opinion and I respect other perspectives. Just know if you roll around in a Chrome Phoenix with Daytons....I will stop what I am doing to kill you. Or at least try :p

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

I put on an aftermarket set and painted them bright yellow and then went back to the stock snowflakes which gives them a gold color.

0_0.jpg

That's the nicest looking Phoenix I've seen in the game.  Those rims are a perfect match for the car.

• blk95ta and The Angel King like this

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:48 AM Edited by Ibareny, 11 January 2014 - 03:49 AM.

0_0.jpg

i see those rims and i think jap car. for me they are just to classic as jap rims to put them on anything else.

I know, I meant older cars.

Also "Jap car?"

Don't.. Please don't go there.

They are the one who brought us tuning and street racing. So watch your mouth please.

Username113
  • Username113

EST time

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by Username113, 11 January 2014 - 03:16 PM.

Yea, because Japaneese car culture brought so much to the table when it was brought over at the birth of American hot rod building...

blk95ta's shows about the nicest one in my opinion, that has everything simple and clean (and fortunately not that big dodge/plymouth style wing on a GM based car... But to each their own)

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

0_0.jpg

That's awesome I didnt pickup on that.
I didn't realize that was the way to paint stock wheels. Some of them looked good on the cars especially the Phoenix

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

The Notorious K.i.T.T.Y

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Anything other then Muscle would be sacrilegious.

The stock rims look great, I personally like the ones with the black inlay too. I can't remember what they're called, but  I probably won't ever switch mine out.

0_0.jpg

• Omnifarious and Mars A7X like this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

The stock rims look great, I personally like the ones with the black inlay too. I can't remember what they're called, but  I probably won't ever switch mine out.

0_0.jpg

That is the plainest phoenix i have ever seen in my life

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

lmao

ryd3r007
  • ryd3r007

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I put this in mine phoenix, i dont know the name but are muscle wheels

0_0.jpg

• dedeto likes this

lann3fors
  • lann3fors

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I been think about this myself, still havent found a perfect match.

So far these rims that i think are class "sport".:

0_0.jpg

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:36 PM Edited by blk95ta, 11 January 2014 - 04:40 PM.

0_0.jpg

I didn't realize that was the way to paint stock wheels. Some of them looked good on the cars especially the Phoenix

someone taught me that. i used to use a gold set of crosslace wheels that were similar to wheels found on 87-92 trans am GTA's. While i love the stock wheels in gold, i wish i could add white letter tires.

as for the phoenix, i was going for the smokey and the bandit look. the phoenix emblem is my crew logo and we have 235 members now. not bad for a club that exists just so fans of the pontiac trans am can have the screaming chicken on the hood of their phoenix

http://socialclub.ro...hoenix_trans_am

77BanditTrans-Am.jpg

Question for the person with the blue/white phoenix without the spoiler? how'd you get it to do that? a phoenix without the spoiler would make a good replica of Jim Rockford's firebird esprit in The Rockford Files

6a0133f3b4d1c3970b0147e1da1341970b.jpg

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

0_0.jpg

someone taught me that. i used to use a gold set of crosslace wheels that were similar to wheels found on 87-92 trans am GTA's. While i love the stock wheels in gold, i wish i could add white letter tires.

as for the phoenix, i was going for the smokey and the bandit look. the phoenix emblem is my crew logo and we have 235 members now. not bad for a club that exists just so fans of the pontiac trans am can have the screaming chicken on the hood of their phoenix

http://socialclub.ro...hoenix_trans_am

Question for the person with the blue/white phoenix without the spoiler? how'd you get it to do that? a phoenix without the spoiler would make a good replica of Jim Rockford's firebird esprit in The Rockford Files

That was me a while back bro, PS i have some friends added to from that crew. Not a bad crew at all.

IntoxicatedG
  • IntoxicatedG

DRIFT n DRO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

get the "GT Chrome" rims in High End 

Mars A7X
  • Mars A7X

Echelon

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

lmao

That's one ugly looking Phoenix with a immature plate to top it off lol. 

myztical78
  • myztical78

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Love it..

0_0.jpg

• Ninja_Gear and Mars A7X like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

lmao

That's one ugly looking Phoenix with a immature plate to top it off lol. 

Looks like something a 4yo would drive..

IntoxicatedG
  • IntoxicatedG

DRIFT n DRO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Love it..

0_0.jpg

like i said, GT Chrome rims

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

The Notorious K.i.T.T.Y

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by KiTTYReCkless, 11 January 2014 - 05:06 PM.

@blk95ta

It was made using a save editor and SP to MP glitch. I'm not 100% sure how exactly it was done. Because I've made two  myself and they had the integrated spoiler. But I think it involves adding that ridiculous wing before and it somehow glitches the stock one off when it is removed in LSC..

-edit2

I'll try replicating it today btw.

ZeusMowat278Temp
  • ZeusMowat278Temp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

0_0.jpg

I've never seen that emblem when customizing my Phoenix.... or is that a crew emblem??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users