X-Men

249 replies to this topic
Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Er, yea, that wasn't what I was expecting.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

I don't think that movie looks very good tbh, but I'm glad that Fox is actually willing to try different genres with the X-men universe. All the Disney Marvel films feel kinda the same to me.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

It doesnt look like New Mutants, but I too like bending genres of super hero movies. Horror hasnt really been done outside of maybe Blade.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

So is the going to be R-rated as well? If so, I'm worried Fox is going to can the PG-13 movies after Dark Phoenix and go full-blown adult-oriented with the series to "differentiate" from the MCU. I love good R movies, but I also need variety as well. I don't want all of it to be dark and adult, if you get what I mean. Some lighter stuff is also good.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

On one hand I feel like it's a waste of the characters, on the other hand I do agree it's cool to see some genre bending with super hero characters. Horror's not really for me though, so I'll wait and see just how horror they go with it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

So is the going to be R-rated as well? If so, I'm worried Fox is going to can the PG-13 movies after Dark Phoenix and go full-blown adult-oriented with the series to "differentiate" from the MCU. I love good R movies, but I also need variety as well. I don't want all of it to be dark and adult, if you get what I mean. Some lighter stuff is also good.

They need to make the movies have the tone they need. Deadpool needs to be R. X-Force needs to be R. X-Men proper needs to be a hard PG-13. New Mutants should be in that same category.

BTW, Gambit has a February 2019 release date. Kinda hoping for a R rating for that. But itll probably be PG-13.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

I actually remember reading that Gambit could be R if Logan is a success. Obviously, since it was, I can see that being R as well.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:23 PM

It'll probably be R, Fox seems to have found their place with it as Marvel aren't going to do one and DC are unlikely to either. R-rated X-Force is the dream.  :panic:

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

First poster

Deadpool-2-Thanksgiving.jpg?quality=85&s

• That Guy There and Femme Fatale like this

Darth Yokel
  • Darth Yokel

A Sith now, aparently.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

The official synopsis for Deadpool 2 is amazing: http://comicbook.com...ool-2-synopsis/

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry's hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover.

• UshaB likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users