75 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:24 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 10 January 2014 - 11:25 PM. Typo

Come here to discuss all of the X-Men movie series, from X-Men to First Class to The Wolverine and Apocalypse.

First off, let's look at the spectacular looking X-Men: Days of Future Past trailer...

Here's the first shot of Evan Peters as Quicksilver...

L7B8HDO.jpg

And here are some behind the scenes shots I posted in the Wolverine topic last summer...

Bump...

People need to follow Bryan Singer on Twitter, these are some of the Days of Future Past pictures and vines he's been tweeting...

https://vine.co/v/bPXUHdHMwnm
BISHOP! And WARPATH!

BIedfapCYAAyb_z.jpg
Storm

BJIZJA1CQAATqDX.jpg
Wolvie

BJYA9TgCEAEudKi.jpg
Kitty Pryde

BJr7wvdCEAEnA0-.jpg
The set-up for shooting in 3D

BJ2mLeWCMAACggy.jpg
Prof. X (Or Serpico)

BKLW0B2CcAAkkOz.jpg
Hank and Logan

BKuaIkaCMAEqvzr.jpg
Mystique

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

My favourite X-Men was the first. It was a big hit in general really and the actors played their parts phenomenally. I recommending the film to everybody I knew and buying it on DVD when it was first released from HMV! X2 was okay but my second favourite was X-Men: First Class and I'm not too sure why. I always get the feeling that I didn't watch X2 all the way through, and as I was always staying up late back then, I get the feeling that I might have fallen asleep when watching it; I've only seen it once. 

The battle scenes in X-Men: The Last Stand were some of the best in the whole of the X-Men series, if you ask me. I did quite like that one although like with X2, I've only seen The Last Stand once. I might have to watch it soon, or watch through all of the X-Men films for that matter.

I've yet to watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Wolverine. Wolverine did look quite good when advertised although I've heard mixed opinions about it. I've not really heard much about X-Men Origins: Wolverine, though.

The trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past looks fantastic, I'll definitely be going to see that!

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

I really enjoyed origins.

Wolverine was pretty decent, not as good as I hoped it'd be, though.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

My only problem with Days of Future Past is Singer. I haven't seen anything good from him and his recent films are as bland as you can get. I'd rather Vaughn directed this instead of him. Still anticipating it, though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

X1 and X2 were great, in my opinion, and the whole series, even First Class, has been lacking a certain quality, since he's left.  Valkyrie I thought was pretty good.  Superman Returns I think suffered from trying to please too many people.   I personally don't think it was particularly bad, just kind of boring.  And Jack the Giant Slayer looks like it's just a straight up VFX blockbuster, that doesn't have much substance.  I have yet to see that one.

But I trust that he can knock DoFP out of the park.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

X2 was the best in my opinion. First class missed a few things IMO. Origins was alright. Jackman's lucky to play a single role. I'm still confused regarding the storyline though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:12 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 06 February 2014 - 06:13 PM.

This is apparently a very good representation of how the movies fit in time...  [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]...

Spoiler

• Girish likes this

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

I'm a big X-Men fan but I've got to admit that the X-Men movie franchise has constantly disappointed me. I was really excited though, when I heard about Days Of A Future Past simply because I grew up watching the X-Men 90's cartoon and DOTFP was one of my favourite arcs. I watched the first trailer but since then I've been continously loosing interest in the whole thing. The more and more I see of it the worse I think it's going to be.

I just wish Marvel could somehow buy back the rights to X-Men films, but I doubt this is going to happen unless Fox manage to seriously screw up and make a massive box office flop. I can't even begin to imagine how good a X-Men film in the hands of Marvel Studios would be. Then again, Fox did a good job with Amazing Spider-Man, I just don't see why they can't work the same magic with X-Men.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh though, First Class was quite good, if you ignored all the plot holes and just saw it as a standalone film. I also enjoyed The Wolverine but simply because it was so outlandishly over-the-top that it was pure genius. I don't think I want to see many more Wolverine films. I'm getting a bit sick of Hugh Jackman now.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

X1 and X2 were good movies, fun to watch.

X3 was ...Meh, but it still had some pretty good scenes in there.

Origins was ...I feel like saying I'm a Deadpool fan would say how much I didn't like it, but it sucked really hard in so many other ways.

First Class was also really good, might be my favorite... People will probably hate me for this.

The Wolverine. That movie was just awful, it was awful in so many ways. I hated every minute of it (Except the first scene with the bombing ..That was touching). It was so awful.,, I mean, at the time I thought Man of Steel was bad, but this movie just broke all records of being radiated dog sh*t.

I don't really feel anything for Days of Future Past. Gonna see it, but not too excited about it.

Definitely won't even come close to a solo Wolverine movie again.

• Max Payne likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

New Trailer...

And there is rumor that there will be several big "cameo" from unannounced characters.  I hope, with an X-Force movie possibly coming down the pipe, as well as Apocalypse in a couple years, that it's

Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godmother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:41 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 13 May 2014 - 11:43 PM.

DEADPOOL, X-FORCE, GAMBIT Movies Moving Forward (Channing Tatum to star as Gambit)

No idea if any of these are the "mystery film" she teased at the New York premiere, but it sounds like Fox is going full steam ahead on the X-Men film franchise. With Shuler Donner confirming all these films in development, that brings the total to a confirmed five, perhaps six if none of these three fit the "secret" bill. X-Men: Apocalypse has a release date of 2016 set, a third Wolverine is shooting for a 2015 release, and now it looks like the long-gestating Deadpool and X-Force are back on the radar, with Gambit officially in the mix, as a starring vehicle for Channing Tatum.

I hope with this timely news that we will see some teasers during DOFP.  And I pray they do the right thing, and cast Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.  The only right choice made in terms of Deadpool in X-Men Origins was casting Reynolds.   And we all know he's pretty much done as Hal Jordan, and many people are calling for any Justice League movie to have John Stewart as Green Lantern.

Flameboy2278
  • Flameboy2278

The Punisher

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

Just saw Days of Future Past and man it was epic. Best X-Men movie ever and up there with being one of the best Comic Book Movie of all time with The Dark Knight and The Avengers. A much watch for everyone!

Can't wait for X-Men Apocalypse in 2016! :D

krashr
  • krashr

L

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

went to see days of future past last night, it was ok imo.. i think the low expectations going in and the pre-beers helped it

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

Just watched Days of Future Past. It's a great movie indeed. I like the fact about sending Wolverine back in time to change the future. Peter Dinklage played a pretty impressive character. The action keeps you reeling.

The climax was decent, but lacked urgency of the world's dependence on Wolverine. I find the JFK theory rather disgusting indeed. I guess we need to wait till Apocalypse.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

X1 and X2 were good movies, fun to watch.

X3 was ...Meh, but it still had some pretty good scenes in there.

Origins was ...I feel like saying I'm a Deadpool fan would say how much I didn't like it, but it sucked really hard in so many other ways.

First Class was also really good, might be my favorite... People will probably hate me for this.

The Wolverine. That movie was just awful, it was awful in so many ways. I hated every minute of it (Except the first scene with the bombing ..That was touching). It was so awful.,, I mean, at the time I thought Man of Steel was bad, but this movie just broke all records of being radiated dog sh*t.

The only thing i have against first class is what they did to Havok, 

Other than that I agree, but X1 was my favourite

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

Saw DoFP yesterday. Not the best film ever made, but definitely enjoyable and worth seeing.

The action scene with Quicksilver was the standout , loved it!
Are they just going to ignore him(Quicksilver) being Magneto's son or are we in for some soap opera BS in the coming films?
  • krashr likes this

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:18 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 27 May 2014 - 07:19 PM.

When First Class came out it instantly became one of my favorite movies. James McAvoy and Micheal Fassbender portrayed amazing younger versions of Professer X and Magneto, and managed to go through more character development in one film than Stewart and McKellen's characters in the original trilogy.

So naturally I had high expectations for Days of Future Past, and it didn't dissapoint one bit. After all the hype I expected more future scenes with the original cast, but I wanted more First Class cast so I didn't mind that majority of the film was set in the 70's. The brief scenes of the future are epic though.

Overall I think DoFP is the best in the franchise, I cant wait until 2016! #F*ckTheAvengers :pp

I really enjoyed the callback to Wolverine's cameo in First Class. :lol:

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

^^^Don't you think the best bit of the whole series was when Magneto went Nazi hunting in Argentina?
I think that could've been a whole film. Michael Fassbender as Magneto still discovering his powers, hunting down Nazis all over South America.

krashr
  • krashr

L

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:29 PM Edited by krashr, 28 May 2014 - 12:51 AM.

quicksilver scenes were pretty funny. iirc there was a small joke in regards to magneto being his father..

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

X1, X2, First Class and Origins were all really excellent to me. First Class was my favourite out of all of them tbh. Fassbender done an epic job as young Erik and McAvoy done equally good as the young and classy Prof X. Loved the cast to be honest, although I HATE Lawerence as Mystique, she's too much of a sex appeal rather than a sly, cunning, and at the same time partially sexy villain-ess.

But my favourite character in that film has to be Azazel. I don't know why, probably because of the devilish look and the amazing power he has. Not much of a talker though, eh? I'd pay a sh*tload of money to see him and Nightcrawler have a fight. Blue vs Red.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

They completely retconned Last Stand, Origins and The Wolverine... The whole movie acted as if they never happened. Even Logan's flashbacks were from X2... I LOVE IT!

krashr
  • krashr

L

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

last stand was a travesty imo. i appreciate what x1 did for the genre back in the day, but now i just really wish they would sell the rights of those characters back to marvel studios so we can see a different/darker take on some of these awesome mutants.. give some other actors and writers/directors a go at the roles..

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:10 PM Edited by GankThis110, 01 June 2014 - 08:13 PM.

last stand was a travesty imo. i appreciate what x1 did for the genre back in the day, but now i just really wish they would sell the rights of those characters back to marvel studios so we can see a different/darker take on some of these awesome mutants.. give some other actors and writers/directors a go at the roles..

I don't think so.

Hugh Jackman and the others have been the characters for so long, they'd never be able to just drop em and restart, which would be a sh*t move anyway since Singer is back and DoFP kicked ass.

That's what turned me away from Spiderman with the reboot. Amazing Spiderman was sh*t(although, I haven't seen 2 yet)

krashr
  • krashr

L

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

i don't think i could disagree with you more haha.

the fact that they've played the roles for so long (and feel stale imo) is a great reason to reboot. i loved amazing spiderman, didn't mind 2.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

The first 11 minutes are the funniest I'v ever witnessed.

A better story than X-Men 1, too.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

Leaked trailer for the X-Men movie after Apocalypse.
X-Men: The Day Of Retconning!

This summer...
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaam...Death and destruction.
One sentinel ...Will refuse to kill all mutants.
Scenes of sentinels killing mutants and one loner watching.
And use its adaptimation powers ...For good!
Shot of sentinel transforming into Spider-Man.
Do-do-dod-ododo-doooo (Inception)
Shot of disguised sentinel saving a mutant.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam.
But if your biggest enemy ...
Shot of Sentinel disguised as Spider-Man peeping at girls in the shower.
Is your biggest ally ...
Shot of good sentinel exploding the faces of mean sentinels.
Then who ..
Shot of mean mutants exploding the face of good sentinel.
Is your worst frienemy?
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM...dodoodooodoooododooooooo.
Magneto: "I used to be Michael Assbender"
A Michael Bay film
Explosions everywhere.
In association with M. Night Shyamalan
Professor X is actually a sentinel.
Starring ..Megan Fox as Wolverine
Wolverine: "I lahv ya', sentinu' ...Ah do!"
And Ben Affleck as Professor Xavier
Professor X: "We gonna need you to hope, Sentinel ...Aight?"
Shia Labeouf as Magneto
Magneto: "Ww-w-w-w--wwwww-ww-w-wee-e-e.... We-e-we... Arr---e-e-r---rrrre tthh---ehhee- fu-t--et-t--eeuu--t-t-e-rrre-ee Ch---a-a-gr-r-r-rll--lllllles, nn-n--n-n-n-oooooooo-totto-ot th--h-hthtt-t-t-heem-mm. Thttthhhh--r-eeey... N----in--nnno---noon-onnnonononono llllllll-oo-nhhh-ggg-eeeeuuu-rrr--rrr long-r--r--r--r maaa---tt.. Maaaaaaaaa--tt-tererr-r"
And guest starring ..Jackie Chan as Apocalypse
Apocalypse: -No dialogue-
Morgan: "Take off yer pants!"
Coming soon, this November. To a theater near you.

Watch out for it's quequel, X-Men: Rise of Technophile.

• Twilight Sky likes this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:58 PM Edited by Twilight Sky, 13 June 2014 - 05:58 PM.

I don't think so.

Hugh Jackman and the others have been the characters for so long, they'd never be able to just drop em and restart, which would be a sh*t move anyway since Singer is back and DoFP kicked ass.

That's what turned me away from Spiderman with the reboot. Amazing Spiderman was sh*t(although, I haven't seen 2 yet)

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was better than the first, but I think it didn't go well with others because of Jami Fox.

uzer
  • uzer

FeroC9

• United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:01 AM

Saw DoFP yesterday. Not the best film ever made, but definitely enjoyable and worth seeing.

The action scene with Quicksilver was the standout , loved it!

Saw it earlier this week and agree with this assessment.

nikolibrety
  • nikolibrety

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

Watched DOFP on the first week when it came out, now its my personal favorite x-men movie and one of my favorite superhero movies with the original spider-man trilogy, Dark Knight trilogy, Superman 1 and 2, and the incredible hulk. Id rate the series as X1 being good, X2 is Great, X3 as an guilty pleasure action movie, Origins same as 3, First class as okay but overrated, the wolverine same as X1 and DOFP as Amazing

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Saw it last night. What a rad film - like, 90's comic fanboy delight. Storm had blessedly little to say and Bishop didn't need to say anything, he just looked fantastic. :p

Only things I took issue with was were petty things. For instance, Magneto's power. Like, insanely overpowered power. Ha. Or why Wolvie has grey hair in the future in a movie that takes literally has the line "you don't age" in it. :p

But refreshingly enough for a comic book movie about unexplained superpowers, there was little time to worry about that crap, because everything that was happening on screen was f*cking awesome. And fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users