47 replies to this topic
MookStunna
  • MookStunna

Il Duce; The Fuel Junkie Mafia

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Good Afternoon fellow GTA peeps!

I have found it almost a feat of destiny to do this, but would like some advice as to my "best bet".

I have tried my Italian butt off to get 5 stars from the LSPD, FIB, and their bretheren, and only recently have been able to actually get 5 stars attained.  NOW, that brings me to the point of this thread.

Is there a Cheevo for eluding 5 stars?  Where does everyone "dig in" to get these?  Where does everyone bolt to once it's Game on?  Do you pin yourself between a clothing store foyer and big armored up SUV to take cover, then get in said SUV and try and hide?  

Disclaimer:  I hate tanks.  I don't own one, and can't stand them.  Therefore the Yolo$wag option isn't and option.

Thanks in advance for the advice!  The adrenaline rush from having that much chaos come at me that hard is pretty fun!

Mook

PGC137
  • PGC137

OPTR

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

I go down by the beach by the fair rides their is a canal you swim into that goes forever. The police boat will only go so far in. Just keep swimming until you have lost them
  • codename_duchess and MookStunna like this

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

0_0.jpgRooftops are your best bet. I survived 20 minutes on 5 stars without a tank by staying atop a building and picking piglets off.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Big dog. Big nuts

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Eh, I just call Lester. Ain't nobody got time for a 5 star chase!
  • DMC14 likes this

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Tunnels are the best. Parking garages can work if you can get there without them following you in, which is highly unlikely, but possible. I've evaded a few from inside Los Santos Customs too. Just drive in and shoot and it will close but you can stay inside of it. It funnels the cops in through the door and eventually they stopped showing up and I got away hiding inside the car port in there. You can use it as cover in front of the LSC door as well.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

I get 5 stars from robbing convenience stores and shooting my way out. I have the best luck darting in alleys before getting into lsc.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

Personally? Get to the nearest f*cking train.

Not only will it make the chase easy to lose while even stirring things up by shooting helicopters from the train flatbed, but you get a nice tour of southern San Andreas while you're at it.

• MookStunna likes this

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Choose the easy way out.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:45 PM Edited by jbarb78, 10 January 2014 - 08:50 PM.

I look for spots I can hole up in with the combat mg, where I can bottle neck them at me in one direction. There's one on the east side of one of the hospitals (I forget which), and a good one on top of a building across from up-n-atom where choppers can't see you, and foot traffic can only come through a small corridor. I burned through a full mg and carbine before I had to try and run for ammo and got picked off by SWAT, almost 7 minutes. The flury of red and blue dots on the map was great. The balconies on the stair stepped building east of ammunation by Simeon's shop are cool too, need a chopper to get to them though. Much more fun than flying around blowing up squad cars in a buzzard, that's for sure. After that, get to a parking structure or tunnel, blowing through that ammo makes calling Lester a waste of more money.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

I like to hole up in the back room of a liquor store with a shotgun, then wait for a lul in police, come out killing any stragglers, call my car, and ride off into the sunset.

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Playa

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by cjdavies, 10 January 2014 - 09:10 PM.

There is no achievement for it.

http://www.xboxachie...v/achievements/

MookStunna
  • MookStunna

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone.  I have no issues getting away from 4 Stars and lower.  I FULL ON WANT TO get 5 Stars and get away...more probably just to see if I can.  Plus, waiting on more missions and heists to come...passing the time needs options!

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

The sewer tunnel is the best for escaping ANY wanted level.

I even used it on the obvious approach for the last heist, they don't have any spawn points over there and I lose them quickly.

I even boosted the stealth skill for all 3 protags in SP by stealth knocking the workers over there, they quickly respawn and I easily lose the wanted level.

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Tunnels.  There are several around and the AI isn't smart enough to really pose any threat once you get far enough in.  It does feel a little cheap using this tactic, but oh well, they cheat with their expert marksmen too.

There are a couple achievements.  One for evading 5 stars X number of times and one for being wanted for a certain amount of time.

• esteban2606 and MookStunna like this

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Buzzards, sticky bombs and camping in a 24/7 store usually brings me 5 stars.

After killing hundreds of cops I call Lester and pay only a mere 1000$ to bribe all the remaining cops. They are like ''omg awesum this guy just gave us 50$ dollarz each ima go use it for a happy endingz nao''

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

There is an award that tacks up everytime you survive 5 stars for 10 minutes. And by the way, tanks are one of the fun nest ways to get 5 stars. I don't refer to it as the #YoLoSwAg method, because it is one of those things I do that never gets boring. Try it sometime :) if you're so against buying a tank use a cargobob to steal one from Zancudo, or have a friend call one in.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

There's no trophy or award for it (PSN or XBL), but there is an in-game award, 'The Fugitive', for having 5 stars for a total of 120 minutes. 

MookStunna
  • MookStunna

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

5 stars a total of 120 minutes.

Holy crap that's a lot of ammo!  Thanks again dudes!

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

5 stars is mad easy to attain, just hide in the back room of a store or some palce with 1 single choke point abnd blast cops till kingdom come.

Funny enough the strategy for losing 5 stars is very similar, if you kill enough of them quickly they will stop spawning and eventually your stars will blink and disappear.

You have to kill about 150 swat and after that its a guess if they will keep spawning.

Good Afternoon fellow GTA peeps!

I have found it almost a feat of destiny to do this, but would like some advice as to my "best bet".

I have tried my Italian butt off to get 5 stars from the LSPD, FIB, and their bretheren, and only recently have been able to actually get 5 stars attained.  NOW, that brings me to the point of this thread.

Is there a Cheevo for eluding 5 stars?  Where does everyone "dig in" to get these?  Where does everyone bolt to once it's Game on?  Do you pin yourself between a clothing store foyer and big armored up SUV to take cover, then get in said SUV and try and hide?  

Disclaimer:  I hate tanks.  I don't own one, and can't stand them.  Therefore the Yolo$wag option isn't and option.

Thanks in advance for the advice!  The adrenaline rush from having that much chaos come at me that hard is pretty fun!

Mook

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

I personally just call Lester. Getting wanted stars gets old really quick.

charleyefc
  • charleyefc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

if you want to lose them just find train tracks and follow them

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 10 January 2014 - 09:41 PM.

I have both " The Fugitive " and " The Police Mocker " 5 star awards. Best way to attain a 5 star is Buzzard bombing the cops. Few Spots you can hide

1. The sewage tunnel entrance in the drainage ditch in Murieta Heights

2. Fly your Buzzard to the Merryweather Dock. Two places you can hide there. 1 is the submarine ( make sure your fly into the dry dock, guarantee spawn this way ) 2. On the back roof of the Merryweather dry dock. Land the chopper on the roof, and you'll see an area to your right when you land where you can hide, and it has overhead cover from the choppers.

3. Fly and land on the  Weazel Plaza roof. Youll see some big AC units, if you get up against the wall, the space between the AC units and bulkhead of the building is wide enough for you to fit and you'll loose the cops. You wont have to worry about them rappelling down. Its tedious as it is to land on it.

4. Any subway and freight train tunnel does the job to.

5. Swimming under the Del Perro Pier, with maxed out lung capacity you'll loose them even quicker underwater.

My total 5 star wanted time is 6hrs 39m 31sec

Total wanted level time 1d 19h 14m 32sec

Yes I hate the police.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

THE PARTY CRASHER

• Wanted
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

p00w05tw.jpg

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

there IS an award for getting away from 5 star wanted levels, however it requires you do it many times (25 i think but maybe even more)

to lose a 5 star wanted level and for it to count you CANNOT use lester, to attain a 5 star wanted level one must maintain a four star wanted level for 10 mins

the quickest way is to steal a jet and then get away from the police by flying high and making the mini map bigger, try to stay close but out of the range of vision of the choppers to prolong their despawning and the reappearing of another, if one disappears then get ready to make a turn as it will always give you some time to avoid it reconnecting its vision, once getting rid of them, fly back to the base and nip in and out to get 4 stars again, you will probably be targeted by lock on rockets so just fly up to avoid those, if the military base send a jet you will need to fly behind it and kill it before bothering about police. The most i managed was 4 times before losing a jet.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

The Police Mocker Platinum Award is evading 50 5 star wanted levels. The Fugitive Platinum Award is spending 2 hours total on a 5 star wanted level.

PrideOfEuroa
  • PrideOfEuroa

Tickets, please!!!!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Just try to hide anywhere they cannot find you or go back in your apartment. In this game all crimes are washed away when you go in your apartment door.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

THE PARTY CRASHER

• Wanted
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

The Police Mocker Platinum Award is evading 50 5 star wanted levels. The Fugitive Platinum Award is spending 2 hours total on a 5 star wanted level.

2 hours is easy but who wants to do it for that long...not me.

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

2 hours total meaning altogether? or all at once?

and evading 50 5 stars is a crap ton and a half, i think ive hit 5 stars like once lol

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

I didn't do it in one day. I did it in 20 minute intervals spread out, over a few days. The Police Mocker is a pain in the ass. Especially if your killed, or you get an " Unknown Network Error " right before your about to evade it LOL.

djmatao that's total time, you'll work your way from bronze to platinum. You can do it like I did 20 minutes at a time whatever you want.

• djmatao likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

drive into the flood control system and head north towards the dam. right before you get there, you'll see a tunnel to the left. take that and hide underground. when i want to escape 5 star wanted levels (i have 15 out of 25 i think for the platinum medal) i take a tank and get a 5 star with it and then drive it down there and lose the cops and then repeat until the tank dies. i can usually get 2-3 5 star wanted levels out of it before the cops kill it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users