Quantcast

» «
Photo

2 different Editions for the future?

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Different Editions/Versions of GTA (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Shall Rockstar Games make different editions/versions only destinated for PC or consoles, allowing the PC Version to be bigger?

1. I don't know right now. (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. I don't care. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Interessting, but that's all. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Yes, this way you might have giant maps with many cities and countrysides! (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

5. No, we don't want different editions of GTA with different storylines. (12 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

The one who satisfies Catalina

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

As we all know Rockstar Game was able to "oush" the last bit of power from each consol to enable a nice GTA game as result.

The PS3 only had 512 MB Ram... nowadays it is not much anymore.

Anyway, the consoles allways gonna have the problem that they will have less RAM than any PC. The PS4 has now 8 GB, it is not bad bu comparing to a ral gaming PC or Notebook with 32 GB, it looks like nothing.

Therefore I think it would be a good idea to make 2 different editions/versions.

One adapted for the consoles, maybe even with different story.

And another only for PCs and Notebooks, where they use the last piece of RAM to enable a unbelievable giant map with many cities and countrysides.

Such different versions are somehow allready existing if you compare the PSP GTA games to the PS3 Games.

So why not also the same for PC where you cna use the full RAM power and high performance GPUs?

Tell me your thoughts about please and don't forget the Poll :)

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

PC version comes with enhanced textures, if I'm not mistaken.

About the story, every version should ahve the same. The story doesn't have anything to do with the capacities of each platform so there's no reason to each of them have a different story.

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Well if there would be only a pc versions where the story is designed to cross over 10 Cities, I guess no xonsole would be able to handle this, PCs could.

I think it would be an enrichment, cause this way you would have more choice and also if you own a PC can play into a bigger "wrld" with more cities, more countrysides, more details etc...

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, but the main sales of the game are in consoles. Besides, as a PC player I wouldn't want the consoles to have exclusive content, same would I say if a was a console gamer regarding PC.

I see where this is going; PC-Console wars never end well...

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Wrong, I have nothing against consoles.

Surely my preferance is PC.

Games like Gran Turismo, okay I adore on console (doesn't exist on PC :p as you all know) and many other games also.

But GTA is for me only nice on PC.

I don't know why people allways say that GTA PC players are less than console players. Sure you have 2 different consoles on which you cna play GTA, but well, I must find the website again, but following it, there are easily over 10 million PC GTA players. It is not less.

I think it is wrong to only creat a game destinated mainly for one system.

Maybe you know the GTA IV port on to PC... even with 7 patches it was still awfull to play.

The PC is able to povide a lot more of ressources and power than any console... so would be interessting to see a special edition only for pc. In such an edition you could have a giant world with easily over 20 big giant cities.

There are many games whihc were splitted for PC and consoles and this worked well, so why not for GTA?

Sure console plpayers would be jalouse for the bigger world in the pc version. But i seriously think that it would be an enrichment... and if you admit, also a motivation for console builders to enhance their consoles ;)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

I think it would be an enrichment, cause this way you would have more choice and also if you own a PC can play into a bigger "wrld" with more cities, more countrysides, more details etc...

wat

So you're trying to tell the console owners "invest X amount of money into a proper PC and you can enjoy a better experience of the same game that you have on your console with more in-game objects than the consoles have".

Sounds like a dickish thing to do

Nerd3.0
  • Nerd3.0

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

The same like was Red dead Redemption for PC users...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users