Channel X. Why r*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
237 replies to this topic
Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by Girl_Next_Door, 10 January 2014 - 03:27 PM.

It's the most annyoing, awful playing music channel in the game. Not only that, it is also set as default channel in many occassions!!! (Most known occassion in online when your stupid mechanic brings the car)

There are other stations I don't like too, like the talk stations (They were funny in vice city) but these are not set as default stations every now and then.

And then, we have that annoying dick DJ host of it with the stupid voice and accent:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Keith_Morris

This guy is a joke. Most dj's are parodizing things in the stations but I doubt his personality is a parody. I am thinking he's a douche, just as he's portrayed in the game.

I think r*'s trolling us with that station. There can't be someone that likes it.

Plus they put like 6 songs in it. That station is there to annoy us!!

• Nathaaann and Cakelover21 like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Unless you're a fan of oldschool punk and hardcore, like me, in which case it rapidly becomes the only station you can stand listening to. 

So... what now?

And to suggest that R* are trolling people is just ridiculous. 

R* HQ:

Houser 1: "Hey guys, I've got a great idea for how we can sell more games"

Houser 2: "Hit me. This is going to be amazing..."

Houser 1: "Let's make a load of stuff that people really don't like and put it in the game. Let's troll the audience that have supported us financially for the last 20 years and see if they notice that we're just doing this to piss them off"

Benzies: "Solid GOLD Idea. Let's do it"

No. That's not what happened...

R* HQ:

Houser 1: "Let's make a load of different stuff that appeals to some people, but might not appeal to everyone."

• GroundZero, SmoothGetaway, Raavi and 6 others like this

Shotgunna-Hux
  • Shotgunna-Hux

Irish in my blood every Friday

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

Correction: Channel X plays twelve (not six) songs in its playlist.

It's got a song from both the Germs and Suicidal Tendencies. And the host is a legend himself. I'm not complaining at all.

• Fuzzknuckles, GroundZero, IveGotNoValues and 1 other like this

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

Unless you're a fan of oldschool punk and hardcore, like me, in which case it rapidly becomes the only station you can stand listening to. 

So... what now?

R* HQ:

Houser 1: "Let's make a load of stuff that people really don't like and put it in the game. Let's troll the audience that have supported us financially for the last 20 years and see if they notice that we're just doing this to piss them off"

R* HQ:

Houser 1: "Let's make a load of different stuff that appeals to some people, but might not appeal to everyone."

Good post but you missed a detail. You are part of a minority that likes this music. And they have set it as the default station in many occasions as I said. I can understand it being set as trevor's favorite since he's up to weird things so weird music does not get out of context for him, but that's just it. It shouldn't be set as a default station over different situtations since the majortiy of people hate it.

Correction: Channel X plays twelve (not six) songs in its playlist.

It's got a song from both the Germs and Suicidal Tendencies. And the host is a legend himself. I'm not complaining at all.

Sorry but he sounds retrded to me. He's 58 and thinks he's a teenager punk.

Some people need to grow up.

But anyway, not to get it this out of topic. Channel x is awful. I am not saying it, majority's taste does.

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

Shotgunna-Hux
  • Shotgunna-Hux

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

So... what now?

R* HQ:

R* HQ:

Good post but you missed a detail. You are part of a minority that likes this music. And they have set it as the default station in many occasions as I said. I can understand it being set as trevor's favorite since he's up to weird things so weird music does not get out of context for him, but that's just it. It shouldn't be set as a default station over different situtations since the majortiy of people hate it.

It's weird for you. Not for us. Can you speak in behalf of a majority? What majority are you referring to? What do you think should be the default radio station then?

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

So... what now?

R* HQ:

R* HQ:

It's weird for you. Not for us. Can you speak in behalf of a majority? What majority are you referring to? What do you think should be the default radio station then?

Los santos rock radio, Space, or pop fm. This is what the majority likes.

And I am speaking about the player base majority.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

since the majortiy of people hate it.

I am not saying it, majority's taste does.

The majority of people? Or... you?

Where's the source for this fact? I can't stand half of the music in V. God awful hipster indie rock bullsh*t gets two stations. Yet, in some cars I get into, those stations are playing. OH GOD I CAN'T HANDLE IT AND I CAN'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL IN 3 SECONDS.

He's 58 and thinks he's a teenager punk.

No, he think's he's a 58 year old punk. He was there back in the day, at the birth of hardcore, one of the most significant and important musical movements in history - without it, we would have never had bands like Black Flag (which he co-founded) and in turn, we would have never had bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, and the many other bands inspired by punk and hardcore.

Please, only speak for the majority if it actually exists. 

• IveGotNoValues and Shotgunna-Hux like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

So... what now?

R* HQ:

R* HQ:

Los santos rock radio, Space, or pop fm. This is what the majority likes.

And I am speaking about the player base majority.

So can I get your FB? I never met a girl that likes GTA

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

So can I get your FB? I never met a girl that likes GTA

Not at all creepy. Or on topic. Enough of this. 

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Don't get hurt because you like the music. I know this may offend you, but it's the truth.

I never mentioned hipster stations. I don't like them either.

The majority is based on what people say on the internet.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:45 PM Edited by Osho, 10 January 2014 - 03:50 PM.

You are pissed because of his age or that he's not perfect for DJ'ng?
In which case, you first be one and give proper reasons without long wall of text full of insults and not just, well he sucks, but why? or even the channel?... It sounds fine to me.
Or just switch to something else!!

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:53 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 10 January 2014 - 03:56 PM.

Don't get hurt because you like the music. I know this may offend you, but it's the truth.

OK, so... you've read all the opinions on the internet about this station? Be serious, please. The stations are what they are. They're indicative of what people listen to. L.A. was one of the cities that birthed hardcore, along with DC and NY (and many others). So it would seem reasonable that they would include music for that location, doesn't it?

I mentioned hipster stations because I don't like them. I figured that would be reasonable in a thread about music that people don't like. Seem fair? If you're going to complain about the stations you don't like, well, I am too!

Don't get hurt because I've disagreed with your water-tight argument. Try to understand that, like with all the stations. they're completely optional to listen to and, really, it doesn't take more than a few seconds to stop and change the channel. 

Punk and hardcore have just as much right to be in GTA as, say, reggae and pop music. Popular opinion seems to be that the music in V sucks generally, as far as I can see. Not just this particular station. 

• GroundZero and Timely like this

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by elanman, 10 January 2014 - 04:01 PM.

It's the most annyoing, awful playing music channel in the game. Not only that, it is also set as default channel in many occassions!!! (Most known occassion in online when your stupid mechanic brings the car)

There are other stations I don't like too, like the talk stations (They were funny in vice city) but these are not set as default stations every now and then.

And then, we have that annoying dick DJ host of it with the stupid voice and accent:

This guy is a joke. Most dj's are parodizing things in the stations but I doubt his personality is a parody. I am thinking he's a douche, just as he's portrayed in the game.

I think r*'s trolling us with that station. There can't be someone that likes it.

Hmm...people have diffrent opinions. I, for one, like most of the songs on Channel XNow, I do think that a thrash station with some classic Metallica would've fit the atmosphere better, but I applaud Rockstar for putting more alternative songs in their games, thanks to which I expanded my own musical tastes.

As a heavy metal fan, the inclusion of some Dio era Sabbath in IV, aswell as LCHC, was refreshing and encapsulates just how well Rockstar understands its demographic--breadth is important on the radio stations.

Simply change the station if you're not into the Channel X. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that the DJ dialogue is meant to be satirical.

• Fuzzknuckles, GroundZero, Osho and 2 others like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

What about east los fm?
  • Showstopper 26 and ActionBronson like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

I think I have to agree with the OP

its ok that they put the station in GTA V I got no problem with that  people can listen anything they want

but I also hate that its set up as the default station many times

its quite annoying

maybe there should be no default station

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

What about east los fm?

Yeah. Good point. I think I've listened to that station for maybe 5 minutes in total, since release day. 

But... does it deserve it's place in GTA V? Yes, of course it does, because the real L.A. has a huge hispanic community, and features the music they might listen to. God awful as most of it may be. 

Perhaps we should redirect this thread as an attack on the taxi drivers and their insistence on listening to only that station?

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

I dont mean any disrespect but just because you dont like that perticular style of music does not mean that others dont.

People passing off there opinion as fact is the blight of the age.
  • epoxi, Fuzzknuckles, Osho and 1 other like this

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Hmm...people have diffrent opinions. I, for one, like most of the songs on Channel XNow, I do think that a thrash station with some classic Metallica would've fit the atmosphere better, but I applaud Rockstar for putting more alternative songs in their games, thanks to which I expanded my own musical tastes.

As a heavy metal fan, the inclusion of some Dio era Sabbath in IV, aswell as LCHC, was refreshing and encapsulates just how well Rockstar understands its demographic--breadth is important on the radio stations.

Simply change the station if you're not into the Channel X. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that the DJ dialogue is meant to be satirical.

Mmm.. a thrash station. I wonder why r* didn't put some on. :(

Probably because they covered a rock one in VC.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

And they have 2 rap stations in V. I believe that was covered in San An. And IV. And III. And VC.

They have a reggae station. I believe that was covered in IV.

They have a country station. I believe that was covered in San An.

They have a classic rock station...

Next?

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

CHANNEL X is the best radio station in this game.

Pervert, amoeba, bored of you, blown away, what's next...

if you don't like it

go f yourself

Shotgunna-Hux
  • Shotgunna-Hux

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:06 PM Edited by Shotgunna-Hux, 10 January 2014 - 04:08 PM.

Nobody's getting offended/hurt here. I think it's reasonable to ask you to elaborate your opinions. You said.. quote:

we have that annoying dick DJ host of it with the stupid voice and accent

and quote: 

Now here we are, I like it and Fuzzknuckles likes it. You are the one complaining about different opinions, different tastes and different people. You called Keith Morris, the host of Channel X, a dick for no reason. Doesn't that show that you got offended somehow? Then I'm glad punk is doing what it's supposed to do.

You also mentioned Space, LS Rock Radio & Non-Stop Pop as your choices for default radio stations? Sure, why not? It doesn't take that much time to switch the radio station if somebody doesn't like 'em. You could've done the same before making this rather pointless thread. In my opinion, all of the radio stations in GTA V have got a couple of gems, a couple of average songs and bad songs. My favourite station is Vinewood Boulevard Radio.

There are no facts here - just preferences. And I sure as hell don't want to drown into a f*cking majority and lose my identity, just to give into conformity. The majority you said, listens to mainstream radio everyday, the same songs over and over again, even if they are good or bad. I got tired of that and decided there's got to be more music than just radio hits. I did that and I'm enjoying the soundscapes I discover every single day.

• Fuzzknuckles, GroundZero, Osho and 2 others like this

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Well there have been rock stations in most of the GTAs--like I say, it's about breadth to appeal to the largest subset of the overall demographic, something for everyone. Naturally, not everyone is going to be happy with each title's radio stations as the songs should also fit the setting of the game.

I hope I didn't come off as antagonistic by the way, Martha--nice to see a chick that likes thrash--I just wanted to express that some people are appreciative of the inclusion of less popular/more alternative songs. 

• Shotgunna-Hux likes this

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Horrible f*cking station, especially that gay retarded song pervert by the descendants, what stupid f*cking lyrics.

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

Horrible f*cking station, especially that gay retarded song pervert by the descendants, what stupid f*cking lyrics.

Okay bro

Opinion_man.gif

• TensaZangetsu, Killerdude8 and iainspad like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

what stupid f*cking lyrics.

Yeah... these are much better. 

"Gimme More"

[Spoken]
It's Britney Bitch
I see you,
And i just wanna dance with you

Everytime they turn the lights down
Just wanna go that extra mile for you
You got my display of affection
Feels like no one else in the room (but you)

[Bridge:]
We can get down like there's no one around
We keep on rocking, we keep on rockin'
Cameras are flashing while we're dirty dancing
They keep watching, keep watchin'
Feels like the the crowd was saying

[Chorus:]
Gimme Gimme more
Gimme more
Gimme gimme more [x4]

The center of attention, even when we're up against the wall
You got me in a crazy position (uh huh)
If you're on a mission (ooh)
You got my permission oh

[Bridge]

[Chorus (x4)]

[Spoken]
I just can't control myself, more
They want more?
Well I'll give them more (ow!)

[Chorus (x4)]

Gimme more gimme more
Gimme more gimme more babe
I just want more

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme [x4]

• nobum62 and gn1992 like this

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Unbalanced

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

I think Britney must be a black flag fan. Its a good station but I agree that it gets annoying online. That mechanic tunes everyone of your cars to it and before you even realise every song is overplayed in your head.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

what stupid f*cking lyrics.

Yeah... these are much better. 

"Gimme More"

[Spoken]
It's Britney Bitch
I see you,
And i just wanna dance with you

Everytime they turn the lights down
Just wanna go that extra mile for you
You got my display of affection
Feels like no one else in the room (but you)

[Bridge:]
We can get down like there's no one around
We keep on rocking, we keep on rockin'
Cameras are flashing while we're dirty dancing
They keep watching, keep watchin'
Feels like the the crowd was saying

[Chorus:]
Gimme Gimme more
Gimme more
Gimme gimme more [x4]

The center of attention, even when we're up against the wall
You got me in a crazy position (uh huh)
If you're on a mission (ooh)
You got my permission oh

[Bridge]

[Chorus (x4)]

[Spoken]
I just can't control myself, more
They want more?
Well I'll give them more (ow!)

[Chorus (x4)]

Gimme more gimme more
Gimme more gimme more babe
I just want more

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme [x4]

They're better than the pervert song.
"Don't you sometimes wonder what I want
Don't you sometimes think I just want your c*nt
I'd hate to think that romance is just a pose
But all I want to do is rip off your clothes
I'm a pervert

I like to hold you in my arms
You know I wouldn't do you harm
I never take advantage in my book that's a sin
But somehow I find myself caressing your skin"

Take into account this is a guy singing this sh*t and hes screaming like a bitch during parts of it and tell me britneys lyrics arent better fag.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

MMMM I LOVE ME SOME BEEF JERKY! HEY HOW'S CHICKEN? YOU WANT SOME? NO? YOU DON'T LIKE IT? WELL I'M ANGRY SO SHUT THE f*ck UP!

That's basically what this thread is doing.

• Luddite likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:41 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 10 January 2014 - 04:45 PM.

Take into account this is a guy singing this sh*t and hes screaming like a bitch during parts of it and tell me britneys lyrics arent better fag.

They're both about sex, I see them as roughly equivalent. However, Britney's is a strong, powerful message for all those indipindint wimmin out there, whereas the Descendents track is a fairly insightful parody of the meathead, sexed up losers that are just in it for the bodies. 

Horses, courses. 

P.S. There's no need to slip a little homophobia in at the end bud, play nice. 

• nobum62 likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by Xerukal, 10 January 2014 - 04:58 PM.

I'm not a fan of punk, but I warmed up to a lot of the songs on the station. Especially; 

and 

The only real annoying one Is "Pervert". Just sounds like a f*cking chav kid screaming and raving about sex and sh*t. It just doesn't scream "chase music" like the first two. Although, nothing beats "Amoeba" when it comes to that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw_YnBJ0KQc

• Nameless Foot Soldier and SingularSoul like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users