I'm looking into finally getting a new wireless router for my home. I usually run around 3 smartphones everday, an Xbox One, we now have 3 blu ray players that will be tapping into as well. We usually don't run more than one blu ray at a time, but we do run the phones usaully at the same time, the Xbox One too and maybe one blu ray player, all at the same time.
I looked online but the mixed reviews are so confussing. One site says this router is the best while another says that router is terrible and I shouldn't buy it. I am pretty much lost on the matter.
I need one with excellent range. I have a five year old Linksys router that does do the job now. I think I paid around $70 for it. But I would like to have more speed for my Xbox One that is the furthest away from my router. (Its upstairs in my Man Cave). I am willing to pay up to $200 dollars as well.
I keep seeing this new Linksys EA6900 AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Wireless Router for having fast speeds. But I'm no tech on routers. Here are the specs on it.
- Model: Linksys EA6900
- Technology: Wireless-N & AC
- Bands: 2.4 & 5 GHz
- Transmit/Receive: 3x3
- Antennas: External antennas
- Ports: 4 x Gigabit LAN, 1 x Gigabit WAN, 1 x USB 2.0 + 1x USB3.0
- Power Switch: Power on and off switch
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup: Wi-Fi Protected Setup push button
- LEDS:Power, Ethernet LAN, Internet, WPS
- Software: Linksys Smart Wi-Fi: Setup guest access, Manage parental controls, Advanced network settings
- Setup: CD-Less Setup
- Warranty: 1 year hardware limited warranty
- OS compatibility:Windows, Mac
- Wireless:IEEE/802.11 a/b/g/n/draft ac, Simultaneous Dual Band 2.4 and 5 GHz, WEP,WPA/WPA2-Mixed, WPA2-Personal, WPA2- Enterprise, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) support
- IPv6 support: Native IPv6 and 6rd support
This is just one that keeps standing out but like I said I'm no tech. I'm willing to buy any brand. Your feedback is greatly apprieciated. Your helping a guy out that lives with his wife, mother in law and grandmother in law along with my awesome son. The time in the Man Cave is key to my survival on this planet. Please help.