Photo

Remove money? Don't bother.

63 replies to this topic
blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by blk95ta, 10 January 2014 - 09:09 PM.

I got gifted 994million a couple hours ago. My social club shows i have 2.4b but the chart showing percentages says i was gifted negative 1.8 billion.

I better not get cp'd for receiving as you have no choice. Yeah ive spent approx 60M out of 25M earned but R☆ said not to worry and to spend it.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by Rezard, 10 January 2014 - 09:11 PM.

The mod money f*cked my SC stats up so bad, it showed negative $1 trillion in cash earned from jobs.  It's so great how people can force-feed cash into your stats, causing ridiculous stack overflows and...  Well, I'm a big RPG junky.  My stats mean A LOT to me.

(RPG being Role-Playing Game, not boom-boom device)

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

None of you guys know R*. The new tunable method will be left open for another patch or so, or it will be fixed but there will be a workaround in a few days  and it will be back to square one 

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by Rezard, 10 January 2014 - 09:17 PM.

That's not about knowing R*, that's just knowing "the game".  The actual hackers consider it a hobby, or pass-time, and surely enjoy every challenge presented to them.

It's never beating them, it's feeding them.

rzurita01
  • rzurita01

Boom Bap Rap

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Not this thread again

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:27 PM Edited by redfirebird87, 10 January 2014 - 09:35 PM.

Not 100% correct. I saw an official rockstar comment that said the hotfix closed the door and monetary corrections would be coming soon. I dont remember where though.

And this is how bad information gets started.

Let me know when you remember and reference it and then I'll believe it, unless it's someone else saying they "read it somewhere."  

Says the guy that just told us his version of events off the top of his head.

And I'm right too.  Everyone, other than the one guy that posted the 2 day old R* post from Brian is simply saying, "I read it somewhere".  And yes, that's how you put out bad information.  The worst part is all the Twitter and bad media information out there that keeps spreading it even more.

*snip*

so all of these sources are lying about what Rockstar put on their support page? Is that really what you're saying?? 

actually scratch that.. here's the damn post right here

http://www.rockstarg...nline-jobs.html

here's a picture for you just incase that link is too much to handle:

2mgq.jpg

• Face Down likes this

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:34 PM Edited by Rezard, 10 January 2014 - 09:37 PM.

I'm not inclined to put any faith in what I read online regarding GTA online anymore.  Especially "Official Statements" from Rockstar themselves.

No--  I'm more inclined to believe what happens right before my eyes, and what a person I can actually talk to at Rockstar says to me.

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

I'm not inclined to put any faith in what I read online regarding GTA online anymore.  Especially "Official Statements" from Rockstar themselves.

No--  I'm more inclined to believe what happens right before my eyes, and what a person I can actually talk to at Rockstar says to me.

:blink: 

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

Yeah  O_o

Big surprise there, huh?  Looks good on paper, but come check out how it's goin down in the shop...

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

If they remove the money it won't matter, game will be hacked/modded again and more money will be given out.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Taking it all away from everyone would've been great, but when they make you rank 1 and put you in the cheater pool for not spending your game time dodging money...

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Yeah  O_o

Big surprise there, huh?  Looks good on paper, but come check out how it's goin down in the shop...

At this point.. as long as we agree that R* put out an official statement saying they PLAN ON IMPLEMENTING A FIX for the modded money I'm good. My heads bleeding from all the keyboard bashing it's taken today. Not saying they can, not saying it's going to work, not saying the masses won't rise up with pitchforks and the dead shall walk the earth.. Just saying they said it, it's there for anyone that actually takes the time to look for it and it's what they wanna do. 

That's all. 

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

Oh, believe me--  I realize what they've said, and I'm not denying the legitimacy of your claim.  Just theirs.  :)

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Well that I can fully understand. I guess it was vipprimo who said that unless he saw the actual post he was burying his head in the sand. Either or.. I need a puppy to kick. 

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:15 PM Edited by Scoobroid, 10 January 2014 - 10:17 PM.

well, the argument on here has gotten convoluted to a point where I don't follow. However, what I have received from R* doesn't gel with what Rezard says above. Here's what happened to me.

I submitted a ticket to R* to have the gifted 3.5 billion I received removed and they responded today like they did to the OP.  You can see the entirety of the "ticket" pasted below.

It doesn't really help as it only echoes what has already been posted, but I guess it helps to at least confirm that this is a real R* response (not even sure if people are questioning this). All they say is that they can't deal with individual cases and I'll get the same "fix" as everyone else. Thanks R* for making it worth my while dropping you a line...

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Ticket #1652219: Gifted money, don't want, please fix my bank balance.

Your request (#1652219) has been deemed solved.

Feel free to respond directly to this email and your comments will be added to the ticket.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below to log on to Social Club and you will then proceed to your support ticket.

http://support.rocks...equests/1652219

Note that Social Club is a free Rockstar community service which offers access to special in-game bonuses and exclusive website features. If you do not already have a Social Club account, you will need to create an account after clicking the above ticket link to access your ticket. If you do not have a Social Club account, you can still update your ticket as necessary by replying directly to any emails you receive from Support.

Zendesk, Jan 10 07:26:

Hi Scoobroid,

You are receiving this automatic ticket update because you have an open ticket in the Rockstar Support system related to GTA Online modding, cheating, or hacking. We have received a large number of complaints over the past few weeks about cheaters gifting large amounts of GTA$ to others, setting bounty rewards outside game limits, or otherwise attempting to tamper with the GTA Online economy.

We have deployed several hotfixes to prevent this type of activity, and will be adding further cheat protection in future Title Updates as well. Players who willingly cheated to create this illegitimate influx of in-game currency have been separated out from the rest of the population and we are continuing to monitor for suspicious activity. If you were the unwilling recipient of an impossibly large amount of GTA$, you do not need to worry about us taking action against your account. However, please be aware that we will be making community-wide automatic adjustments to players’ account balances to remove the modded money.

At this time, you do not need to do anything further and this ticket will resolve on its own. Thank you for contacting us to report this activity. We look forward to seeing you Online!

If you believe you are receiving this message in error, or your ticket is not about GTA Online cheaters, please feel free to respond to this message and we will address your issue individually. Please note that we are not currently accepting appeals for players banned or in the Cheater Pool for transferring modded cash to others, and we are not able to remove these cash gifts on a case-by-case basis. Account balance adjustments will occur system-wide to undo these gifts.

Rockstar Games

Scoobroid, Jan 01 10:56:

Hi, I'm a member of GTA Forums. Someone on there has posted what is apparently an official response from R*, which claims that you are unable to distinguish between illegitemate and legitemate money, therefore any removal of credits would result in a complete wipe of the online bank account. Please can you confirm or deny that this is the case?

If this is true I would like to cancel my request and simply waste the money in-game by purchasing and destroying vehicles until I have restored the correct balance. I had a large amount of money in-game before I was gifted billions, so I don't want to be left with nothing at all. I've included a link to the relevant thread below.

http://gtaforums.com...g-gifted-money/

Sent: Sunday, 29 December 2013, 10:16
Subject: Rockstar Games Request Received: Gifted money, don't want, please fix my bank balance. (request #1652219)

Scoobroid, December 29, 2013 11:16:

Hi,

I've been affected by the "gifting ridiculous sums of money" epidemic and I simply don't want it. I have probably around 30 days of gameplay in my original character (lvl 146ish) and earned several million legit, plus buzzard, tank, garage just how I want it (only one super mind you!).

I was gifted around 2 billion a couple of days ago, then another 1.5 billion yesterday. I sent an email to your banhammer address regarding the original gift as I know who was responsible.

I have created second character who is around lvl 10 - she is holding around 1.6 billion cash and there is another 1.9 or so in the shared bank account.

I had around 3-4 million before this so if you could adjust appropriately that would be great, I don't mind a few more million to play with but the billions are not fun.

Thanks.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

So what are they going to about the ppl who are ranked 1000? Clearly they cheated, and having a boosted rank is just as bad as having billions of dollars.

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

(not even sure if people are questioning this)

Not 100% correct. I saw an official rockstar comment that said the hotfix closed the door and monetary corrections would be coming soon. I dont remember where though.

And this is how bad information gets started.

Let me know when you remember and reference it and then I'll believe it, unless it's someone else saying they "read it somewhere."  

Yeah, there are some. 

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, dude--  We all get that same line of crap from R* on our tickets.  I am sitting in the cheater pool right now, and I called on the phone to get real answers.

Why don't you call, and see what they tell you?  I have literally been told by a real human being that having received mod money makes me guilty for participating.  I told him trying to avoid it proved nearly impossible, but it doesn't matter if you wanted it or not--  you took it, you cheater!

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Really can't be bothered to call them but if that's the case, they are going to be doing their reputation/future profits a lot of harm. Guess we'll see soon what they actually do.

My mind boggles at how they could release a game so full of potential, but with such bad security, then be so uncommunicative and deal with the fall out so badly.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

"Guess we'll see what they actually do."

I did.  I'm seeing it happen to me right now.

All I did was get force-feed millions, kill players as usual (why let a bounty protect them.!?), and reach a SHOCKING rank 113 after playin nothing else for ~2 months.

Now--  I lose my legit rank, any cent of the $4.8 million legit I did have, I can't play with any of my friends, and my freeroam is easily >50% god mod players.

They took the game away, essentially.  A game I paid them for, and proceed to play by the rules.  I am completely floored by them, and am left with only the ability to share this info with others.  Just look out, guys.  You don't have to cheat, mod or use DNS to get punished.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

Perhaps I should have said "I'll see what they actually do".

At this point I have no reason to believe or trust in what R* say  any more than what you say. Just started online and I'm still in GS and still got the billions, I'll post when/if this changes.

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Rezard, have you tried that Brian B guy on R* support forums? It may be worth starting a thread on their forum, so it's public, stating your case and seeing if they remove you from the CP. Seems like he/(they?) have done that with other players in the past. 

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:58 PM Edited by Rezard, 10 January 2014 - 11:00 PM.

You mean here?

Ok--  Why the hell can't I paste in this forum...!?!?  lol

I posted in the "Community" of support.rockstargames.com

I can't post a link, though.  If you mean somewhere different, please direct me, dude.  :)

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:01 PM Edited by redfirebird87, 10 January 2014 - 11:04 PM.

http://support.rocks...ublic/questions

yes, there. If you didn't get an official response I'd be bumping it or posting a new one until you do. Seems like crap since there are others who have the same situation you do and have been removed from CP. 

edit: and an example of what I'm talking about: 

http://support.rocks...gfully-accused-

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

I know I've heard of people getting out.  Gotta be a way.

I started 2 tickets, had to call on the phone after they abruptly closed.  Got them re-opened, and dude on the phone sent me an e-mail saying to post certain criteria.  I did.  I guess I just thought it shouldn't take so long to handle, seeing how quick they got to closing them.

I will spam their board.  I paid good money to play with friends with this game, and made the choice to not risk it.  I was actually given a dns # by a guy, and as tempted as I was to level the playing field against god mode, I didn't.  This feels extra insulting to me, personally.

Thanks for taking the time for me.  Appreciate it.  :)

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

hopefully it helps. 

gulsh
  • gulsh

cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

I don't care about it at all

Some hacker will give me billions again

and again

and again

Yeah bro got your back

• redfirebird87 likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

I will spam their board

I would suggest not doing this if you want your case to be looked in to.

Koronin737
  • Koronin737

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

I got gifted 994million a couple hours ago. My social club shows i have 2.4b but the chart showing percentages says i was gifted negative 1.8 billion.

I better not get cp'd for receiving as you have no choice. Yeah ive spent approx 60M out of 25M earned but R☆ said not to worry and to spend it.

Really there is still modded lobbies? I got all my gifted cash about 2 weeks ago and haven't seen any since. Even played in a session where some ppl complained about being broke. Sad that it's still going on

bootymattress
  • bootymattress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

I'm glad my character is nearly broke and I've had to work hard for everything.  I've been fortunate enough to not be given any hacked money so have been able to play the game "legit" as it were.  At first when the money hacks started I was kind of frustrated that I seemed to be the only one without buzzards, tanks, etc, but after just playing the game my way and ignoring all that I've found that because of my in-game poverty I've become a better shot, better driver, better pilot largely thanks to having to do missions the hard way without using glitches.

My character NEEDS money so it gives me more drive not to die, and to do better in races.  I do think the money hack creates a massively unfair playing field in free roam, but I think anyone who plays GTA5 to get a high k/d or generally with a competitive FPS-type mindset is a mouth breather, so it doesn't really ruin the game for me.  If I want to play a competitive/balanced shooter I'll play something else more suited for that.

I think if Rockstar wanted to easily resolve the situation (although it would piss off a lot of people) they could reset everyone's bank balance to like 1.5 million or something, and remove all the existing buzzards and expensive stuff from peoples garages/hangars/what have you.  I have only about 200k but the reason I put the figure so high is to appease all of those with billions.  I don't think that figure is so high it would completely kill the gameplay either for someone in my situation.

All of this right now is totally irrelevant as I can't connect to GTA online at all after ending up in a lobby with a DNS hacker from France, but it's my 2 cents.  I really wish Michel and Claudine had raised little Francois to be a useful member of society instead of letting him harass/hack other peoples consoles online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users