Remove money? Don't bother.

63 replies to this topic
Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

I got my response today and though I've seen many pasted here, I never saw the part towards the bottom that says: "we are not able to remove these cash gifts on a case-by-case basis. Account balance adjustments will occur system-wide to undo these gifts."

Actually, I could've sworn that I saw a release from R* that said 'if you'd like the money removed immediately, drop us a line' or whatever.

Just for the people who were thinking of this or are waiting for a reply.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

I guess we'll see what happens if/when the update changes it up, certainly will be interesting.

• theshadowfax likes this

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:13 PM Edited by Jyra, 10 January 2014 - 03:14 PM.

You aren't crazy, Brian did say that... he says a lot of things and then they disappear later on.

I got that same automated response and I already gave them ALL of the information they requested plus a screenshot...  I quit the next day and haven't logged in for weeks now... I hope to come back someday

• BurningChrome and fw3 like this

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

This topic has been discussed numerous times for the last two weeks

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

I don't really care if they remove it or not really. Everyone already has all the cars they want etc, leaving it in won't really make much difference.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by ells144, 10 January 2014 - 03:23 PM.

basically more people where complaining, because if you messaged them they would remove all your cash :(
  • Cant-B-Faded likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

I don't care about it at all

Some hacker will give me billions again

and again

and again

• TreFacTor, StormerBoy and SUPERHEAVYDOODY like this

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

This topic has been discussed numerous times for the last two weeks

The sky is blue. Just another irrelevant fact.

• Snoop_Willy likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

I could've sworn that I saw a release from R* that said 'if you'd like the money removed immediately, drop us a line' or whatever.

Sorry, but what part of that says they'll actually do anything about it?  It says to drop them a line if you want them to remove it, but doesn't say they will.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

I take that as meaning they are not able to to an across the board fix in a case by case method. The kind of manhours it would take to fix everyones money individually would be insane. Instead they are going to use an algorithm of some sort to try to do it automatically. They are however capable of doing a correction to your money if you send them a ticket...but i would not expect them to act on it until after the auto attempt. They are sure to screw up a number of accounts doing it auto so they will probably be ready at that point to correct ones that care enough to write in.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

They've probably already said, "f*ck it.  Let's just start on GTA6." and will just leave us to it.  I know I would.

• BurningChrome likes this

Rented
  • Rented

GTA Vet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Yeah mine got removed, even twice because I messed it up the first time... Collins still owes me 80K...

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Originally the problem started and both people who wanted to be legit and people who thought they would be banned started contacting support, worried.  Adding fuel to the fire was a report that innocents were being banned, which was untrue (I don't doubt some went in the cheater pool).  

I think the problem was originally support was saying report it because they didn't know what to do and wanted to know how wide-spread it was.  So people were giving them the amount expecting the money to be removed, which R* didn't intend.  They only wanted to research it.

So people called back and said, "why is the money still there?"  Support quickly said that if they took some they would have to take all, but reassured they wouldn't be banned unless they were modding.  So people realized they were stuck with it, but they knew they wouldn't be banned.

Then someone up top of R* (or a hacker for that matter) figured they could just create something that would remove the "gifted" money only.  Which he was incorrect about, but being that so many people were concerned they viraled the story.  As you could see, there was no other such comment since.  People added in that the next update would be the cure, but nobody said that either.

R*'s solution was the hotfix.  They got rid of the problem and washed their hands to move back to what they were doing.  Unfortunately the rest of the world was reading into all this bad information and thinking update so they assumed some things they shouldn't have.

• BurningChrome and GoodGreen like this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Not 100% correct. I saw an official rockstar comment that said the hotfix closed the door and monetary corrections would be coming soon. I dont remember where though.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:15 PM Edited by vipprimo, 10 January 2014 - 05:17 PM.

Not 100% correct. I saw an official rockstar comment that said the hotfix closed the door and monetary corrections would be coming soon. I dont remember where though.

And this is how bad information gets started.

Let me know when you remember and reference it and then I'll believe it, unless it's someone else saying they "read it somewhere."  

• BurningChrome likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

They are not going to remove anything.

• gn1992 likes this

who-dat
  • who-dat

Kim Jong Uh?

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:26 PM Edited by who-dat, 10 January 2014 - 05:26 PM.

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

Let me know when you remember and reference it and then I'll believe it, unless it's someone else saying they "read it somewhere."  

It was on the front page of Rockstar Support for a day or so, until they took it down. Many sites have the full text though.. as in here:

http://www.playstati...n-gifted-money/

In regards to reports of hacking and cheating in Grand Theft Auto Online, we are working on a fix that will remove any GTA$ gained through these blatant exploits, as well as prevent this from happening in the future. We’ll also be taking appropriate measures very soon to punish anyone that we’ve discovered manipulating GTA Online in this manner (as we’ve stated previously, players who have received large sums of GTA$ but not engaged in any game manipulating through exploits can rest assured knowing they have nothing to fear).

If you have been gifted a large sum of money or collected a large bounty and would like to have the money removed from your account immediately, you can submit a request to Rockstar Support to have your balance properly adjusted. Otherwise, the money you’ve been gifted will be removed once our upcoming fix is in place.

Furthermore, if you encounter someone that is taking advantage of exploits in your GTA Online session, you can alert us directly by using the in-game reporting functionality. In the Pause menu, under the Online tab, select Players and scroll to the offending player. From there, select Report and choose Exploits from the violation options. We appreciate the community’s support and understanding as we work to address these issues and apologize for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Rockstar Games

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Didnt I read on here, or maybe somewhere else, that they can only see Banked money and not the loose change (read 2 billion) you have in cash...

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Really? Yes, Rockstar can't see your full cash amount that's on their servers in their game that they control and created...

/sarcasm. 

• StormerBoy likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:37 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 10 January 2014 - 05:38 PM.

Didnt I read on here, or maybe somewhere else, that they can only see Banked money and not the loose change (read 2 billion) you have in cash...

You may have read it on here, yeah, but if for 1 second you believe they can't tell how much money you have in your characters pockets and shared bank, all amounts individually, then I feel sorry for you.

• redfirebird87 likes this

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

I don't actually care either way, the sooner they do The Purge, the better.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

http://support.rocks...8363-Dirty-cash

to quote R*

Thanks for your report. Appropriate action has been taken on the account you reported, and as long as you are not cheating yourself you do not have to worry about being banned or added to the cheater pool.

All modded money will be removed automatically along with our upcoming fix to the game.

imsharksharkwho
  • imsharksharkwho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

How I feel about this money issue:

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

how i feel about it.. 

4028281%2B_e7f382ee137bcdcd83221695c9309

• PsychoGamer likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Says the guy that just told us his version of events off the top of his head.

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

It pretty much said exactly that in the response I got.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

They also said people would not be banned, or put in the Cheaters Pool, if they merely received and/or spent any mod-money.

I am in the Cheaters Pool right now, for just that reason.

A phone call to Rockstar got me the exact opposite story.  You willing except, spend or share any hacked money, and you are a cheater to them.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by vipprimo, 10 January 2014 - 08:08 PM.

Says the guy that just told us his version of events off the top of his head.

And I'm right too.  Everyone, other than the one guy that posted the 2 day old R* post from Brian is simply saying, "I read it somewhere".  And yes, that's how you put out bad information.  The worst part is all the Twitter and bad media information out there that keeps spreading it even more.

But hey, since you think they can see your entire bank account and know all that information, why do I still have 2 billion?  People have been begging to have it removed.  There's been a ton of posts on here linking to R* support tickets that have said they can't pull it out.  Why is Brian posting that 2 days ago?  What's different now? 

It's also not that they can't see the money.  It's the question of how they plan to separate the money you have against the money you were gifted? Will they just remove all the gifted money?  What about people who were gifted legit money?  

Is that going to be bounty separation as well?  

If it's just based on amount, how do they separate the guys that used the LSC glitch that they said were going to keep their money and if they let them keep theirs, why are they taking everyone else's away?  

This is all going to come up and you can justify all you want because some people just aren't going to understand and they aren't going to be happy, which a lot of people here aren't anyway.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

The thing about not having to worry if you just received large sums of money is a lie.

I am currently in the cheater's pool, and a phone call to Rockstar reveals that you can be put in there just for getting mod money.

They also decided my rank 113 wasn't legit, and reset me to rank 1.  Oh, the nerve of these people...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users