Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did the open map work for you?

65 replies to this topic

Poll: Did the open map work for you? (145 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you like the open map from the start?

1. Yes (116 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No (29 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Did you like the clouded map?

1. Yes (76 votes [52.41%])

Percentage of vote: 52.41%

2. No (69 votes [47.59%])

Percentage of vote: 47.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:41 AM Edited by Mr Oraange, 12 January 2014 - 03:41 AM.

Yesh + yesh.

Wouldn't seem pretty logical to lock of parts of a single island (fences and gates blocking off Sandy Shores + Paleto Bay?) 

Clouded map aspect was enjoyable. Gave me a reason to explore. I never would of known of the dam in the game without it.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

I much prefer having portions of the map locked off, and then unlocking them as the story goes. It keeps things fresh as you progress through the game, and it makes it so R* has to make something worth unlocking.

For the fog of war, I think it could be nice, but it was implemented badly in V. It only unclouded the immediate area around you, when it should be what's in your visual range (up to a certain distance), or even just what's displaying on your radar.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

You know, it was easier to memorize their "largest and most ambitious" map than it was to memorize Liberty City. It's just too bland. Don't get me wrong, I'm forever grateful for their work. It's amazing. But the map is too simple. City on bottom, mountains around the parameter, and flat desert/country in the center. Waaayyyy too boring.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:13 AM

after reading some of the responses especially the one about how people complain all the time about this game

I would like to expand a little further on what I meant when I said that I was disappointed in this game
I was only referring to the orientation of the map and the locations of things that they pulled off of the other islands an added to the single island in this version of the game

besides that Rockstar gets an absolute A+ from me because of the attention to detail they have put into it is absolutely mind blowing
if you don't know what I'm talking about take a look at the hunt pages Mt Chilaid v2 found under cheats and tricks

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

I can't understand why they would ever lock off parts of the map until their sh*tty missions are completed. Easily the worst "tradition" in the series and one I hope is dead forever. This sh*t has no place in a game set in a realistic world where you can fly or swim. It was completely retarded that they left it in for SA and IV.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

I liked the fog, and would like to see that again, it add's to the (or in V's case gives) "unlocking" thing.

I gotta say though, I did miss the whole "new island" feeling that I now know WAS part of what made gta GTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users