» «
Photo

New Red Dead Game In The Works!

94 replies to this topic
diesel47
  • diesel47

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:56 AM Edited by diesel47, 10 January 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Time to get excited!

According to profile of a Senior game developer at Rockstar, Red Dead Redemption is underway.

Rockstar has been known as the creator of some of the best games on the market. GTA 5 has been the latest game to come from the developer along with GTA Online. The latter is being supervised by a special programming team and now the developers are working on releasing a sequel to another of their great games.

Information has been leaked through a profile over at LinkedIn. The profile is for none other than a senior engineer, he says that Rockstar are working on a famous IP. Feinstein worked in a team on the Max Payne games.

http://motoringcrunc...-games/1002668/

• Shah Sam likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

What senior game developer? There's no source in that article.

diesel47
  • diesel47

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

What senior game developer? There's no source in that article.

I saw the story in several other websites. They are talking about this guy: http://www.linkedin..../doronfeinstein

You'd have to add him to your contacts to see his postings though. 

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

Well, he works in R* New England, which provides assistance to other R* studios. So it could be anything.

Last two games they made are: GTA V and Bully.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

First of all, why would it be called RDR 2 unless story continues as Jack Marston? It should be called Read Dead 3 or something else, like, Read Dead: Revolution or Remedy or something.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Red Dead Revenge, they bring john back to life with the use of machine stuff and he's like a western robocop. you have to hunt down the people that killed you. (I work for Rockstar)

• Xcommunicated, Shenmue18, DeafMetal and 4 others like this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

i don't think rockstar is working on anything until the number of active ps4's and xbox one's reach something useful for them. they are not going to release another big title on ps3/xbox 360 anymore it would be dumb. it would be a half assed game. they will go for the next gen from now on. but looking at how much money rockstar usually spends on making games, releasing some big rockstar title on next gen consoles anytime soon, means loss for them. i did the math so i know. 

• Osho likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

I gotta say... his experience is a lot less than I thought Rockstar would hire. No offense to him ofc, just very surprising.

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Of course it is, i thought this was common knowledge at this point?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Red Dead Revenge, they bring john back to life with the use of machine stuff and he's like a western robocop. you have to hunt down the people that killed you. (I work for Rockstar)

Lol.

But seriously, it won't be called Revenge because his son Jack already kills the guy who killed his father.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

I would like to see a half blooded Apache warrior as the hero in the next RDR game.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Red Dead Reincarnation.

Red Dead Rampage

Wait, I've already done this in another topic once, nevermind.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

watch this sites other news and you will see how legit it is...

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

There is nothing there that signifies a sequal to Red Dead.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by Forzum, 11 January 2014 - 08:31 PM.

This is quite old, it has been talked about before. But there is without doubt a new Red Dead in the works as we speak. 

It will not be a prequel or sequel to Red Dead Revolver or Red Dead Redemption, it will most likely be a new story as with the previous ones. 

Rockstar themselves has said "Stay tuned for further announcments about the future of the Red Dead series." I believe we will see our first glimpse of Red Dead 3 this year with release next year, only for next gen consoles.

Link: http://www.rockstarg...eft-auto-v.html

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

With the success of Red Dead Redemption, there's no doubt a new one's coming.

tuareg
  • tuareg

and everythin' that's shakin' in between

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by tuareg, 14 January 2014 - 06:59 PM.

Another red dead game is all but confirmed at this point. 

The only thing that i'm not looking forward to is that it's going to be current/last gen as they probably started developing it shortly after the release of redemption. Still it's bound to be huge and diverse so i wont complain.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

I would like to see a half blooded Apache warrior as the hero in the next RDR game.

Wasn't that already done in Assassins Creed 3?

I'm curious as to when the game takes place. Will the Red Dead storyline keep moving forward, or will it go back to, say, the Alamo?

diesel47
  • diesel47

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

I am sure it will be a completely new story with no reference to John Marston at all. GTA games never reference to older games (if you don't count little things like billboards) in terms of characters and storyline, same will be true for the next RDR game.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

I think a 1930s entry to to the series could work. Bonnie and Clyde as the main characters. :D

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

DarthShinobi, on 12 Jan 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

I think a 1930s entry to to the series could work. Bonnie and Clyde as the main characters. :D

Thats kinda way too much past the Western enviroment so i doubt they are going to do that .

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

They should do a story based on the World War 1 or 2.

bootswitdafur
  • bootswitdafur

They should all be destroyed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:12 AM

The wild west was dying in redemption. Back in tiiimme! As huey lewis and the news would say

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

That would be a f*cking great game. Like "Wild, Wild West", or whatever movie had Will Smith in the WIld West fighting a giant robotic spider. 

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

i want the next RED DEAD game to be set during the heyday of the Wild West. yeehaaawwww!!!!

Beanee
  • Beanee

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

I really hope they do bring out another RD game. The first one was brilliant and alot of fun, it was like GTA with an old-era style twist, but it was more than that.. it'll be hard to create a new RD without creating a GTA clone.. I'm sure they'll figure it out though

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

Uptown Punk

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

Wasn't that already done in Assassins Creed 3?

I'm curious as to when the game takes place. Will the Red Dead storyline keep moving forward, or will it go back to, say, the Alamo?

That and Gun from 2002, that game was pretty similar to RDR.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:19 PM Edited by TaviColen123, 14 January 2014 - 09:24 PM.

Beanee, on 14 Jan 2014 - 1:27 PM, said:Beanee, on 14 Jan 2014 - 1:27 PM, said:

I really hope they do bring out another RD game. The first one was brilliant and alot of fun, it was like GTA with an old-era style twist, but it was more than that.. it'll be hard to create a new RD without creating a GTA clone.. I'm sure they'll figure it out though

You mean the second one . Also while i loved RDR one thing i have to criticise is the whole honor system, i feel like it wasnt implemented so perfecr because while the game allows you to be an outlaw it doesnt really change the story or has any repurcussions besides some side missions unlike for example the Infamous series where i feel like there is a actually a difference between being a good guy and being a bad guy . I hope in the next game they improve the system .

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

I'm just excited for whatever game R* releases next because it will be PS4, XB1, PC only most likely.

Would be cool if they announce a new game before E3.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Good thing should be that they release it on all platforms at the same time or at least close. Next Gen consoles are very close in terms of architecture so they have no excuse to seperate the release for PC from consoles even if it's a business decision. Unfortunately, I don't see RDR coming to PC anytime soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users