Welcome to the North Yankton (and North Yankton in GTA IV Mod) topic The topic has been recently updated, not much was done, and a lot was changed since the first version. Original topic was created by universetwisters but was later derailed by theNGclan with a North Yankton DLC that turned out to be a fake made by him. A new Yankton topic was made (this one) and a lot of changes happened since then. Feel free to join in to the discussion if you know anything about North Yankton or simply want to talk about it
This topic may contain spoilers!
North Yankton is a snowy state in Midwest of America, South of Canadian border. North Yankton is based on North Dakota and has a town called Ludendorff. This town is visited during Prologue and Bury The Hatchet missions in Grand Theft Auto V. It is unavailable to access it in Single Player but it can be accessed in Grand Theft Auto online due to a glitch. Not much of the map is solid, but it contains very interesting landmarks like The Ludendorff Sign or Mid West's Biggest Beaver. For a town used in 2 missions, it is really datailed.
- North Yankton is based on North Dakota near the Canadian Border. North Yankton is not in Canada itself. (common mistake/confusion)
- It is not possible to take Snapmatic pictures in Singleplayer, however it is possible in GTA Online with a glitch.
- There are three different snowy emitter text files.
- The "North" on the North Yankton minimap is pointed in the opposite direction than the menu map is placed, meaning the legit map would be placed like this - http://img36.imagesh...6/1544/l5su.png
- North Yankton has it's own Snapmatic tag
- North Yankton has ten vehicles made specifically for the map - See "Vehicles" Section for more information
- License plate pattern is possibly XX000000 (All vehicles spawn with SA pattern; 00XXX000). The only car to feature this pattern is the Asea in "Bury the Hatchet". It could be a customized plate for the car rental although most license plates in US are different and real life counterparts (California and North Dakota) both have different patterns.
- Sadlers can spawn with trailers, all of which are non-snowy.
- Trains spawn but they have been scripted specifically for the missions
- Silo ladders cannot be climbed (however, train signal ladders can be)
- Fences, lamps & Traffic Signs cannot be destroyed. However there is only one destructible Stop Sign at the Cemetery
- All the distant trees have no collision.
- Train tracks and side roads "dissolve" in the snow.
- At the end of the city, there is a fake image of a real city, along with a car path made for cars to do a U-turn at the end. Behind the fake image, there is a small stretch of road which leads to non-solild path to the mountains.
- Ludendorff has a population of 918.
- Ludendorff has it's own Lifeinvader page in GTA 5, which is accessible VIA Trevor's lifeinvader page only.
- North Yankton spawns and despawns for it's missions. It is evidenced by Waypoint Glitch that shows location and miles.
- GTA Online's Advance Mission Search has North Yankton tags. It also has tags for unobtainable vehicles.
- Sabre Turbo was sold/advertised in North Yankton.
- Ludendorff has the following businesses: Ludendorff Hardware, Caipira Airlines, Pollock Cinema, Pharmacy, Kitchen Supplies, Banner Hotel, Burgers, Hotels, Ludendorff Locksmiths and a Pawn Store.
- Through a Schedule Planner in Bobcat Security offices, it is revealed that Prologue takes place in 2003, not 2004. Considering that Prologue takes place in November/December 2003 and GTA V takes place in September/October 2013, it is 9 years (almost 10) between both time spans. Michael and Trevor occasionaly mention "almost 10 years" during one of their arguments. However, the same planner can be found in Lester's garment factory, in La Mesa.
- Ludendorff currently has 1 named resident: Bill Petty.
- Textures, models and sounds for a Husky were found in the game files. Since Huskies naturally appear in cold places (Alaska, Canada, Siberia), it means that it could be spawning in North Yankton since San Andreas is not a suitable place.
- AI driven cars only spawn during missions.
- theNGclan started making a lot more progress on the mod by adding new weapons
- mnmn1234 has promised Ludendorff Weekly and still haven't done it (for 2 months already)
- ZZCOOL started a North Yankton mod which is the third NY mod to be worked on
- There are over 10 trillion votes for North Yankton and North Yankton on the North Yankton poll.
- Bury The Hatchet mission have an interesting news report
- NY Glitch has been patched.
Sandy Munsen - Ludendorff Weekly
A grave was desecrated and several Chinese gangsters were left dead in a violent and bizarre incident in Ludendorff yesterday that has left police confused. In the worst violent crime to take place in the state since the famous depot robbery of nine years ago, a gangland shootout erupted at a cemetery, involving Chinese triads and an uncertain number of Caucasian gun men. The Chinese, who the FIB believe have links to the Wei Cheng Triad, a prominent criminal gang in China and Hong Kong, were not previously believed to have much presence in North Yankton although maybe they have come, enticed like everyone else, by our booming oil industry and glorious weather. No one is yet sure what caused the shootout but it seems as if someone dug up the grave of Michael Townley. Bizarrely Mr Townley was himself responsible for the robbery of nine years ago. The links between the two incidents are very unclear at present.
|Image||Name||Description||LS Customs Upgrades||Mission Appearances|
|Albany Emperor||Rusty Emperor covered in snow||
||Prologue (x2), Bury The Hatchet|
|Albany Police Roadcruiser||A snowy and police variant of Esperanto that didn't appear in V. It was renamed to Roadcruiser.||N/A||Prologue (x14)|
|Brute Stockade||A Stockade covered in snow and Bobcat Security livery.||N/A||Prologue (x2)|
|Canis Mesa||Mesa covered in snow.||
||Bury The Hatchet (x1)|
|Declasse Asea||Asea covered in snow||
||Bury The Hatchet (x1)|
|Declasse Burrito||Burrito covered in snow.||Unknown||Bury The Hatchet (x5)|
|Declasse Police Rancher||A police and snowy variant of Rancher XL||N/A||Prologue (x2)|
|Declasse Rancher XL||Rancher XL covered in snow||
||Prologue (x1), Bury The Hatchet|
|Stanley Fieldmaster||Fieldmaster covered in snow.||
|Vapid Sadler||Sadler covered in snow.||
||Bury The Hatchet|
All images were taken by ToyGT_one (Except for RGSC ones). All credit goes to him.
F - Front Image
This section contains maps with paths, buildings and other bits. It currently is not worked on.
56k warning. Opening this spoiler will uncover very large images.
Ludendorff Weekly is a newspaper made for fun. It is featured in GTA V,
but never seen in game or internet. Holy sh*t it appears after Bury The Hatchet! It is only referenced in Ludendorff's Lifeinvader page and a "Ludendorff Weekly" image in game files.
|Issue 6||Page 2 | Page 3||Raccoon and WildBrick142|
|Issue 9||Page 2 | Page 3||mnmn1234 and WildBrick142|
|Issue 10 (Coming Soon)||-||???????|
|Special Issue 1||Page 2||WildBrick142 and Raccoon|
|Unofficial Issue 1||-||theNGclan|
|Characters||Liz Seiler (Protagonist), Todd Myall, Kane Gretswell, Trey Stevens, Willem van Boven||Rick Chance, Niko Bellic, Michael De Santa (Protagonists)|
|Setting||North Yankton, summer of 2013||North Yankton. Winter of 2013.|
|Cities/Towns||Ludendorff (so far) and the surrounding areas||Ludendorff, and the two surrounding towns.|
|Weapons||Anything from cheap pistols to Soviet rocket launchers||Ranges from basic guns like an SNS pistol to an ACR with Red Dot Sight.|
|Landmarks||Ludendorff Beaver, Digital Underground nightclub, Trey's farm||Barn Rave, Ludendorff weekly printing offices, The Adailson shack, and other various business locations.|
|Music||Modern country music, classic rock, German variety, gabber, and new wave, just to name a few||Classic country and classic rock/metal, number stations, Electronic music (jumpstyle to dubstep) and Russian/Dutch public radio broadcasts.|
|Vehicles||Tractors to Riceburners||Ranging from typical poot 'n' scooters to torn up cars from 2001. (Kuruma, anyone?)|
|Plot||Liz Seiler lives in the most boring state in America, where the only things that bring excitement to her and her friend's rural lives consist of underground raves and illegal street racing. When opportunity knocks and Liz takes it with her friends, their bland, millennial life begins to resemble that of a Vinewood action movie. However, with every action, there is an opposite reaction.||Rick Chance has been building his "empire" for a few years in North Yankton. As his business grows stronger, Niko Bellic's depression gets worse and worse as Niko relies on Rick for medication. Michael De Santa brings Jimmy to North Yankton to teach him some manual labor. After all three protagonists get into trouble with the same common enemy, they must team up to get what they want. Money, a Cousin, and a Son. A gold reward for those who aspire to get them.|
|I (Give Me Ludendorff)||Cick Here|
|II (Kuruma Karnage)||Click Here|
|III (Stuck in the past)||Click Here|
All are listed in alphabetical order
_CP_ - For help with textures of North Yankton
GTAKid667 - Very active Thomas the Tank Engine, shows some good images of glitched roads. Also, helps out in mapping Ludendorff/North Yankton. He also made excellent screenshots of every building (and interiors) in North Yankton.
Perfect Blade xD - Helps people go to North Yankton on Xbox
TensaZangetsu - For being original Thomas the Tank Engine and creating videos.
theNGclan - For creating headers in first version of this topic.
ToyGT_one - For providing excellent images of the snowy vehicles.
universetwisters - Creator of the original thread.