Quantcast

» «
Photo

North Yankton Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4,392 replies to this topic

Poll: Pole (478 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like North Yankton?

1. Yes (433 votes [90.59%])

Percentage of vote: 90.59%

2. No (45 votes [9.41%])

Percentage of vote: 9.41%

Do you want to see a North Yankton DLC?

1. Yes (409 votes [85.56%])

Percentage of vote: 85.56%

2. No (69 votes [14.44%])

Percentage of vote: 14.44%

North Yankton

1. North Yankton (10000000000310 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. North Yankton (10000000000151 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote
WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 19 May 2014 - 04:46 PM.

Welcome to the North Yankton (and North Yankton in GTA IV Mod) topic :) The topic has been recently updated, not much was done, and a lot was changed since the first version. Original topic was created by universetwisters but was later derailed by theNGclan with a North Yankton DLC that turned out to be a fake made by him. A new Yankton topic was made (this one) and a lot of changes happened since then. Feel free to join in to the discussion if you know anything about North Yankton or simply want to talk about it :)

UPDATE CHANGELOGS

This topic may contain spoilers!

40x4.png

North Yankton is a snowy state in Midwest of America, South of Canadian border. North Yankton is based on North Dakota and has a town called Ludendorff. This town is visited during Prologue and Bury The Hatchet missions in Grand Theft Auto V. It is unavailable to access it in Single Player but it can be accessed in Grand Theft Auto online due to a glitch. Not much of the map is solid, but it contains very interesting landmarks like The Ludendorff Sign or Mid West's Biggest Beaver. For a town used in 2 missions, it is really datailed.

sb71.png

• North Yankton is based on North Dakota near the Canadian Border. North Yankton is not in Canada itself. (common mistake/confusion)
  • It is not possible to take Snapmatic pictures in Singleplayer, however it is possible in GTA Online with a glitch.
  • There are three different snowy emitter text files.
  • The "North" on the North Yankton minimap is pointed in the opposite direction than the menu map is placed, meaning the legit map would be placed like this - http://img36.imagesh...6/1544/l5su.png
  • North Yankton has it's own Snapmatic tag
  • North Yankton has ten vehicles made specifically for the map - See "Vehicles" Section for more information
  • License plate pattern is possibly XX000000 (All vehicles spawn with SA pattern; 00XXX000). The only car to feature this pattern is the Asea in "Bury the Hatchet". It could be a customized plate for the car rental although most license plates in US are different and real life counterparts (California and North Dakota) both have different patterns.
  • Sadlers can spawn with trailers, all of which are non-snowy.
  • Trains spawn but they have been scripted specifically for the missions
  • Silo ladders cannot be climbed (however, train signal ladders can be)
  • Fences, lamps & Traffic Signs cannot be destroyed. However there is only one destructible Stop Sign at the Cemetery
  • All the distant trees have no collision.
  • Train tracks and side roads "dissolve" in the snow.
  • At the end of the city, there is a fake image of a real city, along with a car path made for cars to do a U-turn at the end. Behind the fake image, there is a small stretch of road which leads to non-solild path to the mountains.
  • Ludendorff has a population of 918.
  • Ludendorff has it's own Lifeinvader page in GTA 5, which is accessible VIA Trevor's lifeinvader page only.
  • North Yankton spawns and despawns for it's missions. It is evidenced by Waypoint Glitch that shows location and miles.
  • GTA Online's Advance Mission Search has North Yankton tags. It also has tags for unobtainable vehicles.
  • Sabre Turbo was sold/advertised in North Yankton.
  • Ludendorff has the following businesses: Ludendorff Hardware, Caipira Airlines, Pollock Cinema, Pharmacy, Kitchen Supplies, Banner Hotel, Burgers, Hotels, Ludendorff Locksmiths and a Pawn Store.
  • Through a Schedule Planner in Bobcat Security offices, it is revealed that Prologue takes place in 2003, not 2004. Considering that Prologue takes place in November/December 2003 and GTA V takes place in September/October 2013, it is 9 years (almost 10) between both time spans. Michael and Trevor occasionaly mention "almost 10 years" during one of their arguments. However, the same planner can be found in Lester's garment factory, in La Mesa.
  • Ludendorff currently has 1 named resident: Bill Petty.
  • Textures, models and sounds for a Husky were found in the game files. Since Huskies naturally appear in cold places (Alaska, Canada, Siberia), it means that it could be spawning in North Yankton since San Andreas is not a suitable place.
  • AI driven cars only spawn during missions.

0kp3.png

• theNGclan started making a lot more progress on the mod by adding new weapons
  • mnmn1234 has promised Ludendorff Weekly and still haven't done it (for 2 months already)
  • ZZCOOL started a North Yankton mod which is the third NY mod to be worked on
  • There are over 10 trillion votes for North Yankton and North Yankton on the North Yankton poll.
  • Bury The Hatchet mission have an interesting news report
  • NY Glitch has been patched.

TOP STORY
Sandy Munsen - Ludendorff Weekly

A grave was desecrated and several Chinese gangsters were left dead in a violent and bizarre incident in Ludendorff yesterday that has left police confused. In the worst violent crime to take place in the state since the famous depot robbery of nine years ago, a gangland shootout erupted at a cemetery, involving Chinese triads and an uncertain number of Caucasian gun men. The Chinese, who the FIB believe have links to the Wei Cheng Triad, a prominent criminal gang in China and Hong Kong, were not previously believed to have much presence in North Yankton although maybe they have come, enticed like everyone else, by our booming oil industry and glorious weather. No one is yet sure what caused the shootout but it seems as if someone dug up the grave of Michael Townley. Bizarrely Mr Townley was himself responsible for the robbery of nine years ago. The links between the two incidents are very unclear at present.

mdkk.png

ImageNameDescriptionLS Customs UpgradesMission Appearances

wjbq.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Custom|Custom)

Albany EmperorRusty Emperor covered in snow

• Armor
  • Brakes
  • Engine
  • Horn
  • Lights
  • Plate
  • Primary/Secondary Color
  • Suspension
  • Transmission
  • Turbo
  • Wheels (Wheel Type, Colour, Accessories, Custom Tires, Bulletproof Tires, Tire Smoke).
  • Windows

Prologue (x2), Bury The Hatchet

paw9.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Sirens)

Albany Police RoadcruiserA snowy and police variant of Esperanto that didn't appear in V. It was renamed to Roadcruiser.N/APrologue (x14)

r5v7.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Extras|Extras)

Brute StockadeA Stockade covered in snow and Bobcat Security livery.N/APrologue (x2)

p73h.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Custom)

Canis MesaMesa covered in snow.

• Plate
  • Bulletproof Tires
  • Primary Color

Bury The Hatchet (x1)

lbcb.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Custom)

Declasse AseaAsea covered in snow

• Primary Color
  • Plates
  • Wheels (Accessories, Bulletproof Tires)

Bury The Hatchet (x1)

nbwq.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Extras|Extras)

Declasse BurritoBurrito covered in snow.UnknownBury The Hatchet (x5)

kavg.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Sirens)

Declasse Police RancherA police and snowy variant of Rancher XLN/APrologue (x2)

lxn4.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Custom)

Declasse Rancher XLRancher XL covered in snow

• Armor
  • Brakes
  • Engine
  • Horn
  • Lights
  • Plate
  • Primary/Secondary Color
  • Suspension
  • Transmission
  • Turbo
  • Wheels (Wheel Type, Wheel Color and Wheel Accessories [Custom Tires, Bulletproof Tires, Tire Smoke])
  • Windows

Prologue (x1), Bury The Hatchet

4kyj.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Custom|Custom)

Stanley FieldmasterFieldmaster covered in snow.

• Primary Color
  • Bulletproof Tires

Prologue (x1)

gvbw.png
(F|B|S|RQ|RGSC|Custom)

Vapid SadlerSadler covered in snow.

• Plate
  • Primary Color
  • Bulletproof Tires

Bury The Hatchet

All images were taken by ToyGT_one (Except for RGSC ones). All credit goes to him.

F - Front Image
B - Back Image
S - Side Image
RQ - Rear Quarter Image
RGSC - Rockstar Games Social Club Image
Custom - Image of modified car
Extras - Extra images regarding the car
Sirens - Images of police vehicles with sirens turned on

si8e.png

MAP (In Game | RGSC livery) - MAP (RGSC | In game livery)

This section contains maps with paths, buildings and other bits. It currently is not worked on.

56k warning. Opening this spoiler will uncover very large images.

Spoiler

deov.png

Ludendorff Weekly is a newspaper made for fun. It is featured in GTA V, but never seen in game or internet. Holy sh*t it appears after Bury The Hatchet! It is only referenced in Ludendorff's Lifeinvader page and a "Ludendorff Weekly" image in game files.

IssuePagesWriter(s)
Issue 1-WildBrick142
Issue 2-Raccoon
Issue 3-WildBrick142
Issue 4-Mnmn1234
Issue 5-Mnmn1234
Issue 6Page 2 | Page 3Raccoon and WildBrick142
Issue 7-WildBrick142
Issue 8-Raccoon
Issue 9Page 2 | Page 3mnmn1234 and WildBrick142
Issue 10 (Coming Soon)-???????
Special Issue 1Page 2WildBrick142 and Raccoon
Unofficial Issue 1-theNGclan

be4b.png

Mod Differences
universetwisterstheNGclan
CharactersLiz Seiler (Protagonist), Todd Myall, Kane Gretswell, Trey Stevens, Willem van BovenRick Chance, Niko Bellic, Michael De Santa (Protagonists)
SettingNorth Yankton, summer of 2013North Yankton. Winter of 2013.
Cities/TownsLudendorff (so far) and the surrounding areasLudendorff, and the two surrounding towns.
WeaponsAnything from cheap pistols to Soviet rocket launchersRanges from basic guns like an SNS pistol to an ACR with Red Dot Sight.
LandmarksLudendorff Beaver, Digital Underground nightclub, Trey's farmBarn Rave, Ludendorff weekly printing offices, The Adailson shack, and other various business locations.
MusicModern country music, classic rock, German variety, gabber, and new wave, just to name a fewClassic country and classic rock/metal, number stations, Electronic music (jumpstyle to dubstep) and Russian/Dutch public radio broadcasts.
VehiclesTractors to RiceburnersRanging from typical poot 'n' scooters to torn up cars from 2001. (Kuruma, anyone?)
PlotLiz Seiler lives in the most boring state in America, where the only things that bring excitement to her and her friend's rural lives consist of underground raves and illegal street racing. When opportunity knocks and Liz takes it with her friends, their bland, millennial life begins to resemble that of a Vinewood action movie. However, with every action, there is an opposite reaction.Rick Chance has been building his "empire" for a few years in North Yankton. As his business grows stronger, Niko Bellic's depression gets worse and worse as Niko relies on Rick for medication. Michael De Santa brings Jimmy to North Yankton to teach him some manual labor. After all three protagonists get into trouble with the same common enemy, they must team up to get what they want. Money, a Cousin, and a Son. A gold reward for those who aspire to get them.

nY5ycQT.png

STORY

ChapterLink
I (Give Me Ludendorff)Cick Here
II (Kuruma Karnage)Click Here
III (Stuck in the past)Click Here

mlxl.png

All are listed in alphabetical order

_CP_ - For help with textures of North Yankton
GTAKid667 - Very active hunter, shows some good images of glitched roads. Also, helps out in mapping Ludendorff/North Yankton. He also made excellent screenshots of every building (and interiors) in North Yankton.
Perfect Blade xD - Helps people go to North Yankton on Xbox

Raavi - Removes the spam and watches over the topic when I'm away.
rpearsonx - One of the original finders of the glitch.
SkylineGTRFreak - For being original hunter.

TensaZangetsu - For being original hunter and creating videos.

theNGclan - For creating headers in first version of this topic.

ToyGT_one - For providing excellent images of the snowy vehicles.

universetwisters - Creator of the original thread.

Others:
Rockstar Games Developers - For creating GTA V and giving us something to talk about.

• AndyGanteks, Costar, nabo45 and 20 others like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 15 July 2014 - 07:24 PM.

2ndx.png
(WORK IN PROGRESS)

Featured Image
iqHyAosFpnms.gif
A beautiful time-lapse gif made by Glumok
  • GroundZero, Slixent, ToyGT_one and 2 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Sounds good the original is getting revived :)
  • TJGM likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I was watching your NY glitch YouTube video earlier op, and I gotta agree with some of the other guys. The map seems way too detailed for a few linear missions. So who knows.

Btw, props to theNGclan for having so many of us fooled. He certainly created some buzz among the usual whiney threads.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'll be helping out with the videos, as usual. Add me to the members list.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

I was watching your NY glitch YouTube video earlier op, and I gotta agree with some of the other guys. The map seems way too detailed for a few linear missions. So who knows.

Btw, props to theNGclan for having so many of us fooled. He certainly created some buzz among the usual whiney threads.

I don't know if I'd say it's overly detailed for it. Rockstar's greatest skill seems to be in creating worlds that feel alive and they've gone the extra mile with that since 2008. It's highly likely they just made it as detailed as they could so no one would complain about it feeling like a level when the rest of the game feels like a world. 

It's also possible they cut a few missions out that took place in it. 

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 30 October 2013 - 06:51 PM.

I don't know if I'd say it's overly detailed for it. Rockstar's greatest skill seems to be in creating worlds that feel alive and they've gone the extra mile with that since 2008. It's highly likely they just made it as detailed as they could so no one would complain about it feeling like a level when the rest of the game feels like a world. 

While exploring further into Ludendorff, the far away buildings weren't really detailed. They had stretched textures covered in snow.

• KiiWiiDeee likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

Quite possible. It just seems strange and pretty pointless to design details for things that couldn't even be seen from the linear corridors of the original gameplay.

But like you say, perhaps it was originally intended for more missions.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Quite possible. It just seems strange and pretty pointless to design details for things that couldn't even be seen from the linear corridors of the original gameplay.

But like you say, perhaps it was originally intended for more missions.

Did you know that every piece of armor in The Lord of the Rings movie has a story behind it. Every single piece was handcrafted despite maybe showing up for a few frames. Did you know that each locker in Aliens was put together by the actors to represent their character's lives? The original Alien movie had a ton of backstory that we were never told, it was only told to the actors to help them get in character. 

There are tons of examples of things like this. A lot more work goes into things that we barely notice all the time. It's not hard to believe that the people at Rockstar who designed the area might have put a lot of detail into it even when we don't see it. They have a lot of pride and put a lot of effort into everything. I remember looking at the copier in GTA IV in the hospital using the video editor. It mentions calling Ninjas. I burst out laughing. It's a detail I never would have noticed if I hadn't been messing with the video editor, but someone put it in. It could have been a simple texture but they made sure it was a gag. 

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

@spamtackey

Oh believe me, I'm more than aware of the dedication and devotion R* put into detailing their products; Max Payne 3 being a prime example. But even for them, it still renders a pointless decision, and waste of resources, to create something that can't (initially) be seen, experienced, or interacted with.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 30 October 2013 - 07:33 PM.

You could get a pic of the Esperanto from this vid

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

You could get a pic of the Esperanto from this vid

Video has been removed.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 30 October 2013 - 07:32 PM.

wow it just went down literally 5 mins ago. I still had it loaded, so here's a screencap, sry for the quality

OO4ugii.jpg

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Did the video show in-game name?

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Who gives a f*ck about North Yankton...

All of you are the same gullible fools who fell for that trolls lies so easily even when I told you all the contrary..

There will NEVER be a North Yankton DLC , and you can take my word for it

#DealWithIt

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Who gives a f*ck about North Yankton...

All of you are the same gullible fools who fell for that trolls lies so easily even when I told you all the contrary..

There will NEVER be a North Yankton DLC , and you can take my word for it

#DealWithIt

This topic is for talking about North Yankton. Not asking for a DLC.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Just my 2 cents, but I think North Yankton is based on the town "Fargo" in North Dakota. Perhaps an homage to the actual movie. The snow Ranchero XL looks almost identical to the SUV used in the movie.

• Mister Pink likes this

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Amateur Pilot IRL

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

By 'hoax code,' do you mean all of that code suggesting a NY DLC with Niko was fake? I haven't been able to find that thread for the longest time.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

@up

Yep.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

wow it just went down literally 5 mins ago. I still had it loaded, so here's a screencap, sry for the quality

OO4ugii.jpg

Wait. Were's it from? That the North Yankton Police car, right? :/

• Smaher. likes this

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Just my 2 cents, but I think North Yankton is based on the town "Fargo" in North Dakota. Perhaps an homage to the actual movie. The snow Ranchero XL looks almost identical to the SUV used in the movie.

Yep, you've got right.

E8rHAig.jpg

s9n6HI6.png

• Wayne Kerr likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

• At the end of the city, there is a fake image of a real city, along with a car path made for cars to do a U-turn at the end. Behind the fake image, there is a small stretch of road which leads to non-solild path to the mountains.

Lol, I pushed the Asea too hard and it flew into the non-solid path... and I failed the mission :/

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by _CP_, 30 October 2013 - 08:57 PM.

This is it?

https://www.dropbox....9c/DSC_0210.JPG

https://www.dropbox....ez/DSC_0214.JPG

gtaperguntas
  • gtaperguntas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

great topic dude, ill be waiting for this in one dlc...

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Are model viewer pictures allowed?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Turns out they dont call the squad car the Police Esperanto, they call it the 'roadcruiser' or something.

http://gta.wikia.com/Police_Esperanto

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 30 October 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Turns out they dont call the squad car the Police Esperanto, they call it the 'roadcruiser' or something.

http://gta.wikia.com/Police_Esperanto

Bingo! Now we have full list :D

police-roadcruiser.jpg

@Ragref - Gonna think about it. If models/textures cannot be easily faked, they are allowed.

E: :panic:

8ffu.png

• LancerG2 and xx_jp_awesome_xx like this

Sordidjaws
  • Sordidjaws

Heist Planner

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'm already sick of Los Santos, I'd like somewhere that snows however...*hint*

• theGTAking101 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Watch out amigos, NGClan might pop around in here

x8q6i.jpg

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:27 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 30 October 2013 - 11:31 PM.

Watch out amigos, NGClan might pop around in here

x8q6i.jpg

Posting ban is set and ready!

Spoiler

• Hodor Hodor likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users