Exercise

31 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

How many of you actually exercise? If you do, is it a daily routine? Weekend thing? Part of work?

I've used to be heavy into the bodybuilding type scene but over the last few months, I've gave it up. Not just a lack of energy but after seeing certain bodybuilders after the years, you go to see that having those freakishly large muscles end up biting you in the ass years later. I've always been a strong guy and when I say bodybuilding, I don't mean I was trying to look like Arnold in his glory days, I just enjoyed keeping my muscle size at my average, which was pretty decent I think.

Here's an older photo during the early days of my building, this was the last party before heading off to boot camp:

10b3471156dfc8d91dc6f02db4eaf924.png

Had some pump to me.. now I don't exercise or work-out often but the type of work I've done during my deployments and active duty kept me up to standards but after active duty and now I'm back to running my own business, my physical activity has gone down and I drink much more. So the most recent picture of me is:

fc9dbbcd38651135920739d34bed05bc.png

Still got a bit of mass but I'm much thicker now .. I'm around 225lbs, the last picture I was around 169lbs or so.. by the way, that pic is when I seen Panz stripping that one night. <3 ya girl!

• Ciaran likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

I don't lift weights or anything, but I run 2 miles a day first thing in the morning at a minimum, and I do some other cardio stuff in the evening for about a half hour. I work a bit harder in the winter and when April comes around I start playing sports and cut back on other exercise.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:27 AM Edited by Tacymist, 10 January 2014 - 07:29 AM.

I'm just too damn lazy to exercise. Although I got a nice work out shoveling all that snow we had not too long ago.

by the way, that pic is when I seen Panz stripping that one night. <3 ya girl!

Pics plz

• GunWrath likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

4 days every week :) I use a cardio+strength in one program so it's pretty challenging! Works great for me

• GunWrath likes this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

I lift weights 6-7 days a week for about an hour daily, I cycle probably 3 times a week on my single speed dj bike.

I have given up on the former a few times and then built my way back up again, this time is a little different though so I'll most likely stick with it for some time come. Riding is a passion of mine so I'll never give that up.

@Gunwrath, nice traps.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

I exercise 5 to 6 days a week

I lift weights every other day on Mon, Wed, and Fri (but not to build huge muscles, I'm not a big guy and I'm not interested in bodybuilding or whatever. I just try to stay fit and get in good shape)
On Tue, Thu and Sat I focus on the legs and chest.
I do cardio like jogging or cycling at least twice a week and I throw in some ab workouts wherever and whenever I feel like it

On Sundays I do absolutely zilcho!

I change my workout routine every few months just to keep things fresh and interesting. Luckily I have all the equipment I need at home, like my full body workout gym (which I've been neglecting over the last couple of months lol. It's too damn hot and there's no air conditioning in my garage where it's set up. Excuses, excuses...), so thankfully I never have to go to an actual gym...
  • Xboxless likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Two hours every f*cking day.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:37 AM Edited by EphemeralStar, 10 January 2014 - 09:56 AM.

I walk pretty much every where all the time, so that's my daily exercise. I also try to jog as much as I can in a week if the weather is nice, if not I go to the gym and workout and do cardio.. It's that time of year where I'll be lucky if I even get a tredmill because of all the new years resolution people though. -_- I'm still not in my best shape, but I'd say I'm at least in shape. Still would like to lose a lot of weight! And I wish I knew how to lift weights.. :( But I'm too noob!

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

I would love to workout, my problem is that I can't find any motivation for it. I used to run with my friend/neighbour, but he's been neglecting me ever since he got a car and a girlfriend. I love running actually, its just that its boring being alone.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

I used to walk, run, and use an elliptical until my knee gave out. I never was interested in strength training, due to the drawbacks if you don't keep up with it.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

My excercise is to keep walking. It's the major factor which reduces our calories. A good way to listen music too. I mostly hear some non-lyrical type songs. They somewhat keep me active. I always spirint around when songs come to their climax. Its exciting as well as tiring. I also go in very conjusted buses. You might even have to run like Usian Bolt to get in. We Indians might have already broken a few world records. :p

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

<3 Oh, my rates are going up this week. Sorry, you know how it goes. 

Over the summer, I used to do at least two Jillian Michaels' videos a day like my life depended on it and was about to start Insanity, but I had to go back to school. Got some pretty nice abs out of that, but then I had no time to exercise anymore when classes started up. Kinda sucked.

Now I run a lot and swim a lot, and I'm in even better shape than before. Swimming will really get your endurance up and give you a nice workout that's not so hard on your joints. 

• EphemeralStar likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 10 January 2014 - 04:22 PM.

I actually don't exercise, at all.

I know I should, it's healthy, you'll look good and blah-blah-blah, but I've never really liked that. I got pretty successful at starting it like a few years ago back in 7th grade, but then it just kinda stopped, because I got sick after a month or two.

I guess there are a few reasons I don't exercise.

1) My parents are annoying as... better if I don't say the word. The F-word. But anyway, I dislike doing stuff in their proximity, and because I live with my parents, the proximity is like 24/7. I remember trying to start doing something once, and they are all "WOOOOOOOOOOOW YOU'RE TRYING TO START EXERCISING? HOW CUTE!". No, it did not really boost my morale because they're my parents. Logical, I know.

Perhaps if I lived alone, I might just like to start exercising.

2) I don't have a place for it. Because of the reason above. And to go for a jog or a walk, it's not interesting. If I had a treadmill or something, I could do it. I'm also not interested in going to a gym or anything - I'm much more of a fan to do things alone.

3) My parents raised me to be lazy. They bought me a PS2 when I was like 3, and never really gave me anything that would make me like exercising. Sometimes my dad has said "lol lets go for a walk lol", but no... I am not interested to walk or exercise with him. Just... no. It's either me alone or nothing. :p

I've sometimes tried to do something like push-ups and sh*t in the morning, but you can guess that in the 20 minutes when you're supposed to eat some breakfast, check GTA Forums and YouTube and news and pack your school stuff, I have little to no time to do them. Usually I'm like "duh 10 push-ups, good enough" even though I would have more time.

If I ever get a job which is decently-paying, I'm probably going to want home gym things... maybe. Or maybe I'll just say "F*ck the free world, I'm spending all my money on PC/consoles and games. Deal with it."

The fact that Finland has an obligatory military service (for 6 months) makes me worried that I'll make myself look like a damn fatty in there. I'm not actually fat though. Just bad health.

Case in point.

My Cooper test results? 1500-1800 meters and pretty much dead for centuries after that test.

And the amount of e.g. pull-ups I can do? 3-5. How about sit-ups? 50-70.

You get the point.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Almost every day, but sometimes im just tired or depressed, so i just say f*ck it ill train tomorrow. I also found out that lifting weights made me bulkier but it also made me a bit slower. dunno how to explain it, but i dont feel agile as i used to before starting lifting. my movements are becoming slower, then again this could be just age. lately I've been trimming down the weight i lift, and focusing more on push ups and cardio and sh*t like that.

Oh yeah, and smoking took a toll on me, the amount of time im able to lift before starting breathing excessively are a bit shorter now. but i know i cant give either habits up. :p

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Only exercise I do is walking to/from school everyday, can't really do any other things besides that due to a knee injury which causes me trouble daily

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

I try to go for a walk everyday for 45-60 minutes. I usually go by my MP3 for time by keeping track of how many albums I have listened to rather than the actual time. 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

I sometimes get up to walk to the fridge and use my arm strength to open it AND close it.

• Slave Boy and stu like this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

I run a few miles 2-4 times a week, as well as a bit of cycling and swimming.

I also walk a lot.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Mostly walking, rarely lifting, when I want to. My 'trip' to school is 20 minutes of constant walking, so for me, that's a good exercise.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

I was told there would be striptease pictures... I've been lied to!

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Running and weights, 6 days a week. It's a real challenge trying to have good stamina without losing the muscle You have worked for.

Running is great when it starts to work. The high feeling of endorphines afterwards...that's my drug.

• Xboxless and Majestic81 like this

Syndrome
  • Syndrome

Grab Potato and RUUUUNNN!!!!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

I actually don't exercise, at all.

I know I should, it's healthy, you'll look good and blah-blah-blah, but I've never really liked that. I got pretty successful at starting it like a few years ago back in 7th grade, but then it just kinda stopped, because I got sick after a month or two.

I guess there are a few reasons I don't exercise.

1) My parents are annoying as... better if I don't say the word. The F-word. But anyway, I dislike doing stuff in their proximity, and because I live with my parents, the proximity is like 24/7. I remember trying to start doing something once, and they are all "WOOOOOOOOOOOW YOU'RE TRYING TO START EXERCISING? HOW CUTE!". No, it did not really boost my morale because they're my parents. Logical, I know.

Perhaps if I lived alone, I might just like to start exercising.

2) I don't have a place for it. Because of the reason above. And to go for a jog or a walk, it's not interesting. If I had a treadmill or something, I could do it. I'm also not interested in going to a gym or anything - I'm much more of a fan to do things alone.

3) My parents raised me to be lazy. They bought me a PS2 when I was like 3, and never really gave me anything that would make me like exercising. Sometimes my dad has said "lol lets go for a walk lol", but no... I am not interested to walk or exercise with him. Just... no. It's either me alone or nothing. :p

I've sometimes tried to do something like push-ups and sh*t in the morning, but you can guess that in the 20 minutes when you're supposed to eat some breakfast, check GTA Forums and YouTube and news and pack your school stuff, I have little to no time to do them. Usually I'm like "duh 10 push-ups, good enough" even though I would have more time.

If I ever get a job which is decently-paying, I'm probably going to want home gym things... maybe. Or maybe I'll just say "F*ck the free world, I'm spending all my money on PC/consoles and games. Deal with it."

The fact that Finland has an obligatory military service (for 6 months) makes me worried that I'll make myself look like a damn fatty in there. I'm not actually fat though. Just bad health.

Case in point.

My Cooper test results? 1500-1800 meters and pretty much dead for centuries after that test.

And the amount of e.g. pull-ups I can do? 3-5. How about sit-ups? 50-70.

You get the point.

Everything you said is soooo damn similar like me, lol. I don't exercise, because I feel embarassed to do it near my family.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

<3 Oh, my rates are going up this week. Sorry, you know how it goes. 

Over the summer, I used to do at least two Jillian Michaels' videos a day like my life depended on it and was about to start Insanity, but I had to go back to school. Got some pretty nice abs out of that, but then I had no time to exercise anymore when classes started up. Kinda sucked.

Now I run a lot and swim a lot, and I'm in even better shape than before. Swimming will really get your endurance up and give you a nice workout that's not so hard on your joints. 

I did insanity too, but couldn't go through with it because it hurt my joints really badly. I already have some pretty messed up knees. I even got calf muscle fatigue three times doing it LOL. Couldn't really walk for a couple days each time. If only I could do swimming, but my nearest swimming pool is pretty far away. :/

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

I was told there would be striptease pictures... I've been lied to!

I could post some pictures of my rock solid 6 pack abs, but I don't want to embarrass anyone :cool:

exercise comes naturally to me; always been skinny and enjoy the outdoors, involved in sports, good metabolism.

but I've also been working out regularly ever since high school. mostly cardio and light weight lifting. not to bulk up but stay lean.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:29 PM Edited by Xboxless, 10 January 2014 - 09:38 PM.

It's not entirely consistent, but yesterday I lifted 15 pound weights. It doesn't really get me big, but it keeps me somewhat muscular, so I'm not a complete stick.

I also try and run at least every other day. I want to have good cardio. I also am trying to get into yoga, since it's good for a good stretch, plus the focus of the mind. What is it, do something for 30 minutes everyday. That's about it.

My diet is a bit crap though. Tacos...., my sis was big into nutrition so now I know quite a bit about it and I realize I am probably a little under-nourished.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

I played soccer from fourth grade to eight grade, but it was boring as hell so I quit.

Now I'm in 10th grade and lazy as hell, but today I went to a gym and worked out, so I'm probably gonna continue going there.

I'm really skinny, so two years without exercise didn't change the looks of my body, but now I want to build muscles and get bigger, but I'm not sure if it will happen because I'm really really skinny and I don't know about anyone as skinny as me that have managed to bulk up.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

I would love to workout, my problem is that I can't find any motivation for it. I used to run with my friend/neighbour, but he's been neglecting me ever since he got a car and a girlfriend. I love running actually, its just that its boring being alone.

I was hesitant about working out (lifting weights) at first because I had no motivation but when I finally mustered the confidence to go, the gym I used at the time called BodyWorks Athletic Club seemed pretty nice and upon walking in, about 10secs, yup, I'm signing up. Music was awesome, none of that hip hop, beautiful women all around jogging and on ellipticals.

But maintaining that motivation is hard, it's a lot of work. I ended up being a hardcore lifter, using free weights, chains around the neck for doing dips and such.. Branch Warren was my inspiration, not sure if you ever heard of that dude. But one day, I just got tired of it and gave it up. Thought about getting back into it.. but rather go for a more lean approach than meat fest.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Do what i do, buy dumbbells/barbell and workout at home. along with pushups and other cardio, they'll keep you fit but not make you bulk up too much.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

I never could do the home workout thing, I've done push-ups and warm-up's prior to heading to the gym.. but I find more motivation inside of a gym than I do in my own home. But to each their own.

As far as diets and such, I didn't bother with all that, I was a meat and potatoes guy with a protein drink before and after workout. Whey Protein did a bang up job man.. I didn't take any other supplements. Though I did try Gakic on acouple occasions to see if there was a difference, I noticed a little but not much and certainly not worth the $60 a bottle it was at the time. It's supposed to help you by decreasing the time in which your muscles become fatigued. Especially on those chest and back days.. needed a little boost but didn't work out as planned.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:18 PM Edited by Majestic81, 10 January 2014 - 10:18 PM.

Yeah, id rather vary in the stuff i eat than have diets and stuff like that. never was a protein shakes user either. milk/eggs and meat were always good for me.

Working at home obviously doesn't equal working in the gym, because you'll be lifting less. but thats kind of the point, i dont lift as much as i used to when i was going to the gym, but im still not in a terrible shape. if you're looking to slow down, you should try it. or i guess you could start lifting light weights and focus more on the non-weights exercises, if you dont want to cut off working out completely out of your life i mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users