Photo

New York State to "legalize" Medical Marijuana

7 replies to this topic
Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:24 AM Edited by Vlynor, 10 January 2014 - 03:24 AM.

New York State is poised to allow 20 hospitals to distribute medical marijuana, Gov. Andrew Cuomo formally announced Wednesday.

"Research suggests that medical marijuana can help manage pain and treatment of cancer and other serious illnesses," Cuomo said in the annual State of State speech in Albany.

"We will establish a program allowing up to 20 hospitals to prescribe medical marijuana, and we will monitor the program to evaluate the effectiveness and the feasibility of a medical marijuana system," Cuomo added, without elaborating.

[...]

I'm not a fan of Cuomo at all and I think the way he went about making medical marijuana available isn't right, but this is good for those who need it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

Didn't 30 something people die from smoking oodles and oodles of pot once it was legalized in Colorado?

If they wanna legalize medical pot up there, that's fine by me. I'd much rather be smoking a joint after getting my leg crushed in a fatal spaghetti accident, rather than writhe around on the ground in pain.

• Mister Pink likes this

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

I am pretty sure that 30 death thing was a joke. To smoke you're self to death weed you would have to smoke more then kilo. You would knock yourself out first. Closet you could do is to have a sort of breathing mask thats just full of bud smoke, but even then you're just going to die of asphyxiation, not THC/CBD overdose.

I reckon more as soon as the tax figures come in from Colorado, many states with big medical usage will make the switch, then the more backwards states will start introducing medical and eventually just regulate it. It's going to be a domino effect, and eventually in a few years time on a global scale.  

• Nonpareil1983 and Finn 7 five 11 like this

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

Didn't 30 something people die from smoking oodles and oodles of pot once it was legalized in Colorado?

If they wanna legalize medical pot up there, that's fine by me. I'd much rather be smoking a joint after getting my leg crushed in a fatal spaghetti accident, rather than writhe around on the ground in pain.

No one has overdosed of weed before it was legal and I'm sure as hell no has done so yet.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by Danz., 10 January 2014 - 01:02 PM.

Yeah, I guess it's now time for sick NY people to, rightfully...

It's now becoming legalized in many places around the world, such as Uruguay, which is very close to where I live. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not, since the number of of arrests for drug possession (including marijuana) in my state has increased significantly since then.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

If they died of overdose, I'm sure as hell it was not marijuana, but synthetic marijuana.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

When the f*ck are they going to legalise marijuana in the UK?

I'm tired of smoking and having to look out for police everywhere I go.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

"Spooked ya!"

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Are you serious? :D

• S5L3T0 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users