Is gta Lcs a prequel to Gta 3 or Is Gta advance a Prequel to Gta 3

22 replies to this topic
AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

sooy if i put this in the wrong forum but its hard since it involves 3 games.
So wgich is Gta 3s prequel
Gta advance or Gta lcs because Gta lcs shows how tony came to be so high in the leone family.
whereas Gta advance shows how 8Ball ends up with claude

What do you guys think the Answer is?

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

Grand Theft Auto Advance wasn't made by Rockstar, and none of it's characters and events are referenced in the other games, so the vast majority of people don't consider it an official part of the series. LCS was made by Rockstar, and has a lot of connections with the other games.

By the way, is your last name Van Damme?

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

BHOS Lieutenant

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

Both.

LCS is set in 1998, three years before GTA3. Advance is set in the year 2000, one year before GTA3.

However, the canonicity of Advance is debatable for the reasons stated by AustinN above and the fact that it is not listed on Rockstar's official site for GTA despite having a page here.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Moved to GTA Series Chat :^:

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Grand Theft Auto Advance wasn't made by Rockstar, and none of it's characters and events are referenced in the other games, so the vast majority of people don't consider it an official part of the series. LCS was made by Rockstar, and has a lot of connections with the other games.

To be fair the only reason events and characters from GTAA aren't referenced in other games is the only GTA from the GTA III era to be set after is GTA III, but GTA III characters like 8 Ball, Asuka and King Courtney appear in GTAA.

It's pretty much what CTW is to the HD era. I'd still consider GTAA canon to the GTA III era GTAs. Or at the least spiritually like Red Dead Revolver and Redemption.
  • matajuegos01 likes this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

To be fair the only reason events and characters from GTAA aren't referenced in other games is the only GTA from the GTA III era to be set after is GTA III, but GTA III characters like 8 Ball, Asuka and King Courtney appear in GTAA.

It's pretty much what CTW is to the HD era. I'd still consider GTAA canon to the GTA III era GTAs. Or at the least spiritually like Red Dead Revolver and Redemption.

To be *set* after, but not *made* after, which I think is more relevant.

But I don't have a problem with your personal canon. It makes no difference to me whether people want to consider Advanced a legitimate entry in the series or not.

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Actually it MUST be canon because
If gta a isnt canon then how the hell did 8Ball end up in The convoy truck.was he giving Claude a blowjob behind the police station Use yoour brain dumb f*cks.
It is canon even a prequel.
But Gta lcs is also a prequel.
There is no more to say.
Just because another company made it dont mean Rockstar diddnt have any role in giving them rights to call it Gta and include 8Ball even though it shows him getting caught by cops and then in gta 3 going to prisiion.

Gta lcs is a prqquel to it just shows how toni and Sal became Capo di Tutti Capi(boss of bosses) of Liberty city

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

If gta a isnt canon then how the hell did 8Ball end up in The convoy truck.was he giving Claude a blowjob behind the police station Use yoour brain dumb f*cks.
There is no more to say.
Just because another company made it dont mean Rockstar diddnt have any role in giving them rights to call it Gta and include 8Ball even though it shows him getting caught by cops and then in gta 3 going to prisiion.

Gta lcs is a prqquel to it just shows how toni and Sal became Capo di Tutti Capi(boss of bosses) of Liberty city

You want some evidence Advance isn't canon? http://www.rockstarg...ree/story1.html

That's from the official site set up for III before the game's release. Nowhere does it mention his hands being burnt by Colombian Cartel members with a flamethrower. Even though this is not an in-game thing, I will take the story that R* gave us over that of another company's.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

There is no more to say.

Not sure why you're getting so aggressive when you're the one who asked which was the prequel in the first place.

lol232
  • lol232

Bad mother f*cker

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Both are prequels. Simple. :p

• PulpFiction likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

GTA LCS - 1998

GTA A - 2000

GTA III - 2001

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by OmeXr, 11 January 2014 - 07:32 PM.

liberty tree site doesnt mean sh.t. its just a made up site for players to feel that "this world is real". i never considered it to be canon, idk, its just feels so cheap and made up.

on the other hand, gta advance feels a better prequel then lcs to me. because it was originally just a gta3 port to gba, then they felt they needed a new story. city stayed the same, theme, setting, atwork all stayed the original. so it actually feels a complete prequel to gta3.

lcs was kinda "lets port gta3 to vc engine and see what happens". which was felt like a mod than a real game.

yes, the feeling, and canon-wise, advance > lcs.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

All of the games in the GTA III Era are prequals to GTA III. :evilgrin:

I consider Advance to be canon because Rockstar never outright said it wasn't and it doesn't contradict anything in III or vice versa.

• AndroidModz14 likes this

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

i ve just watched the whole mission walkthrough on youtube and i can say that advance is the true prequel to gta3. not lcs. lcs tries to connect sa to 3, but sa events are irrelevant to gta3 on many levels. on the other hand, advance just does its own thing, its own story and it does go along with gtaiii pretty well..

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

They are all connected

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

Advanced is not cannon! Get that through your head!
  • Niko Vercetti 112 likes this

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

Advanced is not cannon! Get that through your head!

Yes it is every gta 3d era game is linked
Ok advance is to rockstargames never said it wasn't you fumbass

No that isn't my last name

No that isn't my last name

i ve just watched the whole mission walkthrough on youtube and i can say that advance is the true prequel to gta3. not lcs. lcs tries to connect sa to 3, but sa events are irrelevant to gta3 on many levels. on the other hand, advance just does its own thing, its own story and it does go along with gtaiii pretty well..

I see you around this site alot your famous with your mods right?

Glisp
  • Glisp

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

Why is this a big deal? Yes the game was awful. Yes it wasn't made by Rockstar. That doesn't mean it isn't canon though. From what I've been reading above, it doesn't do anything to contradict III. Plus, Misty, 8 Ball, and a few others make appearances in Advance.  And in order for the game to be made, Rockstar had to at least give them the rights to it. Liberty City Stories is also Canon. So why is this whole Canon thing such a big deal?  Just because a game did horribly, is no reason to be ashamed of the storyline.

Just say they're canon and get it over with. Unless Rockstar comes out and says "it's not canon" verbally, there's gonna be debate.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

Calls me a dumbass, but can't even spell it right. Go back to school little boy.

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Calls me a dumbass, but can't even spell it right. Go back to school little boy.

I said fumbass

Instead dumbass for a reason

So stop being a smart ass

AND YES IT IS CANON BUT WE ARE DEBATING IF IT'S THE PREQUEL TO GTA3 OR IF LCS IS

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

Why is this a big deal? Yes the game was awful. Yes it wasn't made by Rockstar. That doesn't mean it isn't canon though. From what I've been reading above, it doesn't do anything to contradict III. Plus, Misty, 8 Ball, and a few others make appearances in Advance.  And in order for the game to be made, Rockstar had to at least give them the rights to it. Liberty City Stories is also Canon. So why is this whole Canon thing such a big deal?  Just because a game did horribly, is no reason to be ashamed of the storyline.

Just say they're canon and get it over with. Unless Rockstar comes out and says "it's not canon" verbally, there's gonna be debate.

YES IT IS CANON BUT WE ARE DEBATING IF IT'S THE PREQUEL TO GTA3 OR IF LCS IS

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

It was still published by Rockstar even though they didn't make it.

• AndroidModz14 likes this

Rius
  • Rius

I can't find any gud phrase 4 there. but nvrthlss, smile.

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

lcs was kinda "lets port gta3 to vc engine and see what happens".

It made me laugh :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users