Photo

Waste Management Glitch? (BARREL #26)

8 replies to this topic
Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

I've seen every video on Youtube and went through numerous guides yet I still can't find this particular barrel. I've scoured the area for what seems like hours to no avail. It's almost as if it was removed from the game. Anyone who has this achievement could you please tell me where/how you found barrel #26? I would appreciate any insight immensely.

Side Note: Under stats I have 25/30 barrels. From what I've read the locations are the same for everyone yet I still can't find #26 after all this time. 

grasseyeball
  • grasseyeball

Man of Business

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:18 AM Edited by grasseyeball, 10 January 2014 - 02:21 AM.

Try turning the camera different angles. Look very carefully. I'm sure you're aware that they glow. I found them all no problem but if I recall a few took some extra concentration to spot.

You are using the cellphone radar thingy right?

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

I appreciate the response. Yes I have tried different camera angles and being extra attentive. The main problem is that the Tracker's red dot is basically telling me to maroon on land which makes me think the barrel might not even be in this general area at all. 

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

So you checked this part of the map and it isn't showing up?

fIgFqhR.jpg

I used this guide to help me whenever I got stuck. I've actually completed this whole thing twice after I started a new game. So hopefully this can help point you in the right direction.

grasseyeball
  • grasseyeball

Man of Business

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

How close does the tracker say you are? If you are, say, on the north most part of the map and it keeps leading you towards land, then it may be located way down on the south end of the map.

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by Murder Merlot, 10 January 2014 - 03:13 AM.

Thanks for the help guys. Yes i've been to that exact spot and searched everywhere in the immediate area using the IGN guide and others. Still nothing shows up for me but I guess i'll continue my search using grasseyeball's suggestion.

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

I JUST finished this achievement...didn't use a guide or anything and the best tip I can give is if the barrel is deep down, make sure you drop the submarine as low as possible in order to see the barrels' glow. A few times I couldn't find it because I wasn't low or close enough to trigger the glowing texture on the barrel. 

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

I had no issue with collection, the dot leads you directly to all of them. You just have to be directly on the red dot and it'll be there, either higher or lower, but the app will tell you. 

If the dot is leading you to land, its because it's located on the other side of the island, or into a cove. 

RGTube
  • RGTube

IMC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

gta_5_collectibles_map.jpg

use this picture it has a location for all the nuclear waste, packages, freaks missions, letter scraps, space ship parts, stunt jumps

when in trouble use this and keep searching the area

• TagSnapper and Red Lynx 23 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users