Quantcast

» «
Photo

Waht is your criteria for accepting or requesting a friend?

109 replies to this topic
AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

If I haven't talked to you for more than 10-20 mins online, don't expect me to accept your request. I never understand people that send me a request after I've completed one job with them.

I only send requests out to people I have actually met, or I've at least talked to for a while and when they seem chill.

MelloHello
  • MelloHello

The Habanero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

I usually never send friend requests, unless it's a person I actually know and we've exchanged PSN IDs.

I usually always accept friend requests. I really enjoy doing missions with other people. I do remove them if they don't log onto PSN for 2+ weeks, only send me invites to PVP activities,  or I don't like their voice. It's a shame that I've lost contact with all my GTA IV buddies because of their mentality in V.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

I pick and choose who i accept or send a request to and normally it is a mutual request asking to be added, I am 52yrs old so finding people i like to play games with and spend "online time" with can be slower,

But i base all friend additions on

• Being a good sport
  • Respecting other players
  • Having things in common in real life (there is more to life than getting drunk and getting layed)
  • Not being afraid to laugh at yourself  for goofing up or doing something stupid by mistake
  • You must speak english good enough for me to understand........I am a english only speaking person.....
  • 99.999999 percent of the time you have to be 18yrs old or older, the only exceptions are people i know in real life or a family member or friend from another person i have been friends with for a good while

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

I only add people if they cup the balls.

• beat_savy_9 likes this

EarlyLifeFailure
  • EarlyLifeFailure

YaCuncha

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

I haven't made many friends as I don't have a headset. I bought the 'Venom vibration' ones but they are too loose for my head and had too much outside interference (I bring my T.V into front room while wife is watching crap). I need a tight pair I must have a small head… Any recommendations?

I recommend finding friends based on their actions. I have a turtle beach headset but I never use it because I can't be bothered listening to twats.

Yeah, I haven't made many friends, I have made friends but I can't chat as I haven't got a decent headset and a lot of people don't like the silent ones...

Any recommendations for a tight pair for my small head anyone?

Old DJ trick, use a sweatband over headphones.

Ha yeah, I am actually a DJ, my DJ headphones of choice are the AKG 518's which i use for gaming too but they don't have a mic… someone recommended Turtle beach but there are so many types and I would rather try before I buy but you can't as they are always boxed… (turtle beach X32 or X42 look like they clamp to your head ) - which is what I want - no outside interference...

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

or enter your dirty little sultan of sin.

What the f*ck with that mission last night man! that sh*t was balls with just two players!. 

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Everyone I know IRL that plays xbox or ps4 is on my friends list already. I dont accept requests or play with random losers from the internet. I only play with actual friends. If ever I do play alone, be it GTAO or BF4, I leave my mic unplugged, I dont wanna talk to or hear the internet chaff.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

I dont accept requests or play with random losers from the internet.

Aww, you so nice.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Just not be under 18 yrs old or French. 

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

What the f*ck with that mission last night man! that sh*t was balls with just two players!. 

Hahaha we really f*cked that up didn't we? I called Pegasus for a Cargobob but it didn't give me the message to go to the compound (must be because Pegasus Cargobob is glitched).

Then when you got one from the military base I thought it would be a good idea to grab a Tank and quickly clear the area for you to steal the crate. Only problem was it got delivered at the police station and I got a wanted level right away. :p

It was so funny when that guy jacked your tank as you were getting out too. Can't believe he went and hid in his apartment after it got blown up though. :p

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:21 PM Edited by Varios Los Aztecas, 10 January 2014 - 01:22 PM.

I dont accept requests or play with random losers from the internet.

Aww, you so nice.

It's nice to be nice :)

Seriously though, the thought of playing games in my personal space, but with people I dont even know, sends a shudder down my spine. My friends have earned my chat over the years, ergo Im not gonna just supply it willy-nilly to random internet douchebags, they haven't earned it.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

helps if they have a mic.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

It's nice to be nice :)

Seriously though, the thought of playing games in my personal space, but with people I dont even know, sends a shudder down my spine. My friends have earned my chat over the years, ergo Im not gonna just supply it willy-nilly to random internet douchebags, they haven't earned it.

Haha that's fair enough.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

Hahaha we really f*cked that up didn't we? I called Pegasus for a Cargobob but it didn't give me the message to go to the compound (must be because Pegasus Cargobob is glitched).

Then when you got one from the military base I thought it would be a good idea to grab a Tank and quickly clear the area for you to steal the crate. Only problem was it got delivered at the police station and I got a wanted level right away. :p

It was so funny when that guy jacked your tank as you were getting out too. Can't believe he went and hid in his apartment after it got blown up though. :p

yeah I was humming the airwolf theme tune on the way to the compound and it came up " wait for teammate to lose the cops" or something like that! I was like Senor you MMuuthhhaaaafuukkaa. 

I was getting out of the tank to let you have a blast! didn't contemplate that guy getting over to us so quickly!. I still laughed.

Also laughed when your gave up on mission in despair with a jerk off and a suicide sticky! nice touch.

I need to get that mission done tho!!

Anyways, I will add anyone who is up for a laugh! like Senor (except for high-pitched kids and the French of course)

really hoping Senor isn't actually French!! 

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:34 PM Edited by senormidget, 10 January 2014 - 01:34 PM.

yeah I was humming the airwolf theme tune on the way to the compound and it came up " wait for teammate to lose the cops" or something like that! I was like Senor you MMuuthhhaaaafuukkaa. 

I was getting out of the tank to let you have a blast! didn't contemplate that guy getting over to us so quickly!. I still laughed.

Also laughed when your gave up on mission in despair with a jerk off and a suicide sticky! nice touch.

Anyways, I will add anyone who is up for a laugh! like Senor (except for high-pitched kids and the French of course)

No no I'm English. Lots of people send me messages in Spanish because of the name though. :p

That guy was on the ball alright, you hadn't even fully got out of the hatch and next thing we're both rag dolling through the air in a ball of flames.

I enjoyed the sticky jerk suicide too. :D

If I manage to get online tonight we will finish that mission!

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Damn 360 users are running rampant tonight...anyone still use those old PS3 things?

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

I usually don't really add many people. I like to add people that I have met IRL. I usually make some exception if one of my friends introduces me to their friend though.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

My roommates brother only just got his xbox, and within about a day his friends list was full, all people he'd talked to in-game. It's like, will you just talk to anyone? Do you have any self-respect atall?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

they have to get beat up by all my other xbox live friends to prove they're tough enough to hang with me

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

No no I'm English. Lots of people send me messages in Spanish because of the name though. :p

That guy was on the ball alright, you hadn't even fully got out of the hatch and next thing we're both rag dolling through the air in a ball of flames.

I enjoyed the sticky jerk suicide too. :D

If I manage to get online tonight we will finish that mission!

You ever go on mic ? its ok if you sound like Joe Pasquale or David Beckham ;) 

Myself and my brother in law normally on most nights in party chat, your welcome to join whenever. At the moment I just scoff at him a lot for being a poor Los Santos peasant. He is going to love it if I lose my billions! 

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Myself and my brother in law normally on most nights in party chat, your welcome to join whenever. At the moment I just scoff at him a lot for being a poor Los Santos peasant. He is going to love it if I lose my billions! 

Not usually, but I might make an exception. I sound a bit like Gary Barlow if you can tolerate that. :p

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:59 PM Edited by dannybohy, 10 January 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Not usually, but I might make an exception. I sound a bit like Gary Barlow if you can tolerate that. :p

As long as I can sing "Try a little Patience" at you every time you fail a mission! 

Dont mind in slightest. I am a North Westerner who has been living in West Yorkshire for the past decade!.  I need speech therapy . very strange having a Yorkshire wife and two kids who sound like Emmerdale extras! 

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

I pick and choose who i accept or send a request to and normally it is a mutual request asking to be added, I am 52yrs old so finding people i like to play games with and spend "online time" with can be slower,
But i base all friend additions on

• Being a good sport
  • Respecting other players
  • Having things in common in real life (there is more to life than getting drunk and getting layed)
  • Not being afraid to laugh at yourself  for goofing up or doing something stupid by mistake
  • You must speak english good enough for me to understand........I am a english only speaking person.....
  • 99.999999 percent of the time you have to be 18yrs old or older, the only exceptions are people i know in real life or a family member or friend from another person i have been friends with for a good while

Wow finally an older far than met! I'm 51 last month lol

I think a lot of this friend request nonsense is like Facebook. Do you really have 8500 friends? I think it's just a game for little kids to see who can invite the most friends, which is stupid because Xbox limits you to 100 anyway. People are very confused when they see I have a dozen or less friends, but I know who they are and actually play with them now and then.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

I only add real life friends on my own action. When people request adds, I do so if they are non-hostile and either pleasant company, racers or missionaries (sure... we do missions).

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

do you know me from work? or anywhere outside of xbox? if not....

when%2Bmy%2Bfriend%2Band%2BI%2Btell%2Bso

uhlinyaface
  • uhlinyaface

CONFLICTED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

I only add people as friend if I know them personally.

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Crew & people I've actually spent time playing friendly with. I never wanted friends, but in a crew you gotta know who your crew's allies are. I'd never accept random requests, or those I've only enjoyed a few races with.

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:33 PM Edited by OriginalCharacter, 13 January 2014 - 05:33 PM.

1: don't be under age 17

2: don't ask me for money

3: leave a good impression (if you're a virtual thug or a 7-year-old gang banger then i dont like you. you know who you are.)

4: don't immediately ask me to join your crew if we only talked for 5 minutes

5: don't ask me how to do the tank/vehicle glitch, i'm not contributing to 7-year-olds getting tanks under rank (yes, i have a glitched tank as well as a hotknife, sue me)

6: don't spew stupid internet quotes around me ("U MAD" and "YOLOSWAG" will make me think you're a fa**ot)

7: if you're gonna sh*t talk people, at least be funny (almost every time i hear sh*t talkers online, they're complete tryhards. "yo momma" doesnt make you sound cool, neither does being an internet tough guy)

you gotta be real laid back and the irony is that i'm very strict about that

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by God-eater, 13 January 2014 - 05:50 PM.

Since most of the people I encounter in any random session - be it Free Roam, DM, Races, Survival, Missions (Oh, gods, the missions) - are unmitigated dickheads, I reject every friend request I get. If I want to be friends, I'll send the request. But I don't.

But especially - especially - not if I've just carried them thru 10 waves of Survival. Or finished 90% of a mission solo. Or watched them drive the wrong way during a race... 

mrhertz
  • mrhertz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

"friend" means friend... simple and clear.

friend DOESNT mean "someone who enjoyed your company just once, or barely know you"

companies today gotta define what is "friends list", and "followers list". most of people who wanna add you from nowhere, they are mostly potential followers, not friends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users