Quantcast

» «
Photo

Waht is your criteria for accepting or requesting a friend?

109 replies to this topic
EarlyLifeFailure
  • EarlyLifeFailure

Ya Cuncha

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

I haven't made many friends as I don't have a headset. I bought the 'Venom vibration' ones but they are too loose for my head and had too much outside interference (I bring my T.V into front room while wife is watching crap). I need a tight pair I must have a small head… Any recommendations?

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Ill add anyone who can offer something a bit different. Like last night I was on the top of a building just hiding from a tank and generally looking around the area. Three people came shooting at me in a helicopter and somehow I managed to take them all out (a feat for me) then when they all respawned they tried coming after me and some random guy comes up and helps me out basically chasing the other 3 away. 

After this we camped on the roof for a bit and the police came and we started to fight them off for about 20 minutes. A girl comes along climbs up the building and helps us take the cops out. We must have been shooting them for about 2 hours with a 4-5 star level. That would be enough for me to add them but little things like when a cop was closing up behind me I would hear a bullet go past me and take out the cop from the other side of the building from my new allies. 

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

I generally don't accept friend requests unless I already know you from either real lifez or some other medium.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

I haven't made many friends as I don't have a headset. I bought the 'Venom vibration' ones but they are too loose for my head and had too much outside interference (I bring my T.V into front room while wife is watching crap). I need a tight pair I must have a small head… Any recommendations?

I recommend finding friends based on their actions. I have a turtle beach headset but I never use it because I can't be bothered listening to twats.

Ill add anyone who can offer something a bit different.

I added somoene because they showed up to a mission riding a bicycle.

• Magick and rob602pa like this

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

One naked picture of themselves wearing thigh boots

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

I generally don't accept friend requests unless I already know you from either real lifez or some other medium.

I used to do that but all my mates buggered off to the PS4. I refuse to buy any console until its a year old with more games etc. 

I recommend finding friends based on their actions. I have a turtle beach headset but I never use it because I can't be bothered listening to twats.

Haha that sounds like my kind of person. I drive a Faggio and a often run a Bus service around LS for a similar reason. 

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

You have to be this tall

EarlyLifeFailure
  • EarlyLifeFailure

Ya Cuncha

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Yeah, I haven't made many friends, I have made friends but I can't chat as I haven't got a decent headset and a lot of people don't like the silent ones...

Any recommendations for a tight pair for my small head anyone?

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:32 PM Edited by Barry Spock, 09 January 2014 - 10:35 PM.

^ a tight pair for your head you say?

I used to do that but all my mates buggered off to the PS4. I refuse to buy any console until its a year old with more games etc. 

Haha that sounds like my kind of person. I drive a Faggio and a often run a Bus service around LS for a similar reason. 

Yeah the mission spawned in LS, object was in LS, it was a Tricycles (so fairly quick)  and they were wearing bike shorts.

Good stuff re the bus route. I bought a daschund and was trying to do an intercity route to P.Bay, Grapeseed etc.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Were you all on the PS3 before? Personally I got an Xbox One but I kept my 360 so that I could still play GTA when the mod strikes, because only the flying spaghetti monster knows when or if it'll get a port to the newer consoles.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:44 PM Edited by TeammateAssist, 09 January 2014 - 10:45 PM.

EDIT: Dbl post.

Also, not to be a bother, but the topic title...

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Sending friend request:
- I don't.

Accepting requests:
- If you send it, I'll accept. No problem.

Removing:
- kill me once on purpose. That's it. I don't care if you were from back when I played Uncharted 3 (ie friend since 2011), I don't care if I know you in real life. Kill me once, we're not friends, bud.

We're also not friends in wherever else we were friends at. If we're friends in real life, I'll look for another one.

EarlyLifeFailure
  • EarlyLifeFailure

Ya Cuncha

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

^ a tight pair for your head you say?

lol, that did cross my mind when I pressed post...

dzian
  • dzian

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

My criteria are people I actually play with. That dont kos or cry when they kos you and lose.

I dont keep friends on my list for the sake of it ie ppl I never play with. Usually accept requests from people ive done a few missions with and actively hang with to some degree.

If I host 2 or 3 jobs and the same person joins all of them ill send or accept a friend request from them.

Also friend requests that arent blank I tend to accept more often. Friend request from tommy vercetti. Hey lets do some missionsn together again soon. Ok cool accept.

Blank friend request from someone and I typically think who the fk is that.

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:58 PM Edited by scubadave, 09 January 2014 - 10:58 PM.

1. have tank?
  2. have adder?
  3. either of them chrome?

2 yes's and you're in.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

I used to accept everyone but I just recently deleted everyone except for real life friends and a few that I've met online. You just get invites/messages all the time.

• MrHollick likes this

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

I've accepted a few players from this forum. Crew members who join my missions. Ill start requesting random players who invite me to missions because those are rare. So far everyone on my friends list are cool.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

1 - No kids.

2 - No level under 30

3 - Must be decent at the game

4 - No cheap kills

5 - Doesn't seem like a friend whore, ie adding as soon as they see you

6 - Drives a good car

• Justicescooby likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

I haven't made a single friend on GTA Online itself, because I know I most likely won't play with them ever again, so they're a waste of space on my friends list.

Most of my friends on my friends list came from this forum.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

I've sent out maybe 2 total since Online came into play. 1 of which landed me in my current crew.

I usually get them (which isn't often) from players I find myself doing a long set of missions with (that are seeking to do missions like myself), generally 7+.

I delete random FR.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

DAMNED

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

My friend list is full because I accept anyone who sends a friend request. I once got a friend request for walking past a player and saluting him, it must be because I use a girl avatar...

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

Usually anyone I enjoy gaming with. Tends to be people who are actually social, nice, and play for fun. I can't stand gaming with people who take the game too seriously and get mad at their friends for mistakes they make in-game. Yea, I like to play a few games competitively, but I know where to draw the line. It's also awkward and boring to play with people who aren't social and don't like to chat at all. 

• TreFacTor, Timely and Justicescooby like this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

I wont add anyone that I got into a huge battle with and did not end friendly.

I have gotten friend requests from people like that before, added one person before, and realized quickly that they just do that to find to easier on the map to go at it again.

I only delete people who are not active for a long time (over a month) I did remove someone once because they were using a voice changer in a room and it just annoyed the hell out of me.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

I only request/accept crew members, or "enemies*"
(*people that like having shoot outs with me)

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

I normally always accept,

don't send that much.

one of my added friends came up to me and killed me with stickies ( pissed me off) he then did it again, I text him with the phone saying "wtf why" he replied "for the lolz" and I think once more after that. was on the verge of deleting when he stopped and let me hope in his car. lasted about 3 mins before he swaned off somewhere else. Crap friend and we had no chemistry whilst playing. I'll delete him if I can remember the Psn id.

the only circumstances where killing friends is accepted is when you fist fight each other otherwise f*ck you , simple.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, I haven't made many friends, I have made friends but I can't chat as I haven't got a decent headset and a lot of people don't like the silent ones...

Any recommendations for a tight pair for my small head anyone?

Old DJ trick, use a sweatband over headphones.

enormous
  • enormous

larger than life

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:57 AM

I only accept friend requests from people who like the song "Mistadobalina" by Del the Funky Homosapien.

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:59 AM Edited by dewtech_2008, 10 January 2014 - 06:00 AM.

Usually it takes playing 2-3 times with them and getting on well. That's how I landed the crew I'm with now and its really opened online up for me.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:21 AM

1.) must be a real life friend or family member.
2.) may on a rare occasion be someone that hit it off with in game and seems to be a mature player.
3.) never ever under any circumstances accept friend requests from random people.
  • Justicescooby likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

I don't really like adding randoms, but there's always the occasional cool player you come across, so why not. Most of the times I add or get added by a random though is when we end up working together, and it makes it much easier in freeroam to see who's your ally when there's a big pile of blip.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users