214 replies to this topic
RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

Mine. Open roofed since the day we met.0_0.jpg

I've recently repainted, matte black is now classic frost white. I'll get a snap tonight.
  • billy-pilgrim likes this

pizza4life
  • pizza4life

NEON iCON

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

My ruiner:

Gonna give her a nice new paintjob next summer, Its gonna be repainted in the original collor. The original red collor has fainted a bit to much IMO. She only got 60k on the counter and its really rare in the Netherlands. 

Its a Pontiac Trans am Firebird 1986... great car with an awesome sounding V8.

underrated car to the max

the only thing i don't like about it, are the roof panels that fall out from running over a pebble

Its based on the Targa top. it has a glass roof with optional open or closed panels.

Nice car IRL and IMO the Ruiner would look better without custom tires IMO.

The roof is called a T-top.

Targa Top = T-Top... 

• Ninja_Gear and kamikazeedriver like this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

My ruiner:

Gonna give her a nice new paintjob next summer, Its gonna be repainted in the original collor. The original red collor has fainted a bit to much IMO. She only got 60k on the counter and its really rare in the Netherlands. 

the only thing i don't like about it, are the roof panels that fall out from running over a pebble

Its based on the Targa top. it has a glass roof with optional open or closed panels.

Targa Top = T-Top... 
Actually the term "Targa" top comes from the older Porsche 911 which has no divider in the middle. The top is one piece straight across.
The T-top (in the US at least) became popular on the 68-82 Corvettes which had 2 separate tops.
82-92 Camaro n Firebirds which is kinda what the Ruiner is has T-tops
Here's my old Ruiner. Only pic I have of her till I find another..
F7775910-8DE8-4CA3-82E6-85505101E8D4_zps
  • The Angel King and Rammer2k like this

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:17 AM Edited by bensons, 08 February 2014 - 10:18 AM.

These cars are great, they can look very jap with some select mods like the old RX7 or an old 240sx/200sx but then a few different mods and they can look like the trans am. 

They work well with full power and slidey cars cheat down the docks.

• KAZZER-999 likes this

BucNazT
  • BucNazT

I must kill Nordberg!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

0_0.jpg

Heres my Gold and Black Ruiner! I had a different shade of paint before, but it was way too brown looking. SInce I tweaked it, I think it looks a ton better!

• Blingy, dedlee, GrandTheftBatman and 1 other like this

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Best thing about the ruiner, is what it says above the licence plate
  • Ninja_Gear likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

0_0.jpg
  • Lc gta likes this

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

0_0.jpg

Heres my Gold and Black Ruiner! I had a different shade of paint before, but it was way too brown looking. SInce I tweaked it, I think it looks a ton better!

what gold did you use for this? looks suuuuuuuuper good. might have to steal for my own ruiner!

leinasan
  • leinasan

Everything She Wants

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Boxman66
  • Boxman66

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

My Ruiner, my second car and one of the select few I refuse to get rid of.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by blk95ta, 08 February 2014 - 05:26 PM.

My ruiner:

Targa Top = T-Top... 

actually no. T-top = roof bar between the 2 glass panels like on the ruiner and my trans am IRL The roof bar is shaped like a T hence the term T-top. As previously stated the C3 Corvette from 1968-1982 had a T-top roof.

1469871_679826362049977_297486077_n.jpg

Targa Top = no T bar roof support and 1 single glass top. Like the Corvette has had since 1984. This can be seen on the open top Coquette in GTA V

1660216_709833039049309_622567298_n.jpg

• Cmdr_Shepherd likes this

ARCTICvnc
  • ARCTICvnc

Veritas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

My ruiner:

Targa Top = T-Top... 

Targa tops are roofs that remove completely, T-tops have a bar down the middle like old Vette's and even jap cars like the 300zx.

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

camp-1301-03-chevrolet-camaro-1LE-3rd-geAlmost identical to the 92 I used to have.  Loved that car.

• Ninja_Gear likes this

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

I like how they drive and the engine note. I'd have one with body coloured roof panels if they didn't shatter so easily, I'm a bit put off by the massive expanse of glass at the back too, begging for a bullet...

Also, stop it with those ridiculous Shakotan pipes.

pikachu_tail_ef.jpg

• Killzone3265 likes this

BucNazT
  • BucNazT

I must kill Nordberg!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

0_0.jpg

what gold did you use for this? looks suuuuuuuuper good. might have to steal for my own ruiner!

I'm not 100% sure what color paint I used, being away from the game right now, but, I think I used a light shade of Brown, maybe straw brown with a frost white Pearlscent. When I hop on the game later, I will let you know for sure what color paint I used

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:53 AM Edited by wolfp212, 02 July 2014 - 11:00 PM.

0_0.jpg

This is mine.  Black, like all the vehicles in my garage, except for the Sanchez, which, sadly, you can't have a solid color on.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

Its my go to muscle car, I once owned an 84 Pontiac firebird and had to have it when I saw it! I don't understand why the lines for the flip up headlights are there on the ruiner since they have exposed headlights in front of them. It looks like a bad design flaw, not uncommon on the camaro/firebird/TA from general motors, but it makes the ruiner's front end look half Japanese, half GM. Rockstar should have committed to one or the other, flip up headlights would have been awesome on not just the ruiner, but a few other cars as well.
  • Ninja_Gear likes this

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

E34 FANATIC!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

been using this color scheme for a while now, was inspired by dr.aquafresh's ride and I must say it looks very sexy, the full white paint job seems a bit dull

0_0.jpg

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:09 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 13 February 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Last picture before the big maintenance for my Pontiac trans am Firebird. my IRL Ruiner.

jayut3.jpg

Gonna have her resprayed really soon now, just serviced engine/brakes. Everything will be repainted, the body will be red again, the rims's alloy will be brushed into shiny alloy and the gold inside of the rims will look as gold again! And she will get some new new tires.

Also just got a new alarm installed, brand new Firebird trans-am decals ready to be added and new rubbers ect for everything.

• Chuck Finley, kamikazeedriver, Killzone3265 and 1 other like this

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Last picture before the big maintenance for my Pontiac trans am Firebird. my IRL Ruiner.

jayut3.jpg

Gonna have her resprayed really soon now, just serviced engine/brakes. Everything will be repainted, the body will be red again, the rims's alloy will be brushed into shiny alloy and the gold inside of the rims will look as gold again! And she will get some new new tires.

Also just got a new alarm installed, brand new Firebird trans-am decals ready to be added and new rubbers ect for everything.

Gorgeous car man!  Look forward to seeing the after pics.  You should post them in this thread so I'll know where to find them.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Gorgeous car man!  Look forward to seeing the after pics.  You should post them in this thread so I'll know where to find them.

Thanks mate! I will certainly do that.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

been using this color scheme for a while now, was inspired by dr.aquafresh's ride and I must say it looks very sexy, the full white paint job seems a bit dull

0_0.jpg

You should try out full white with your current rims in gold.

AS12_r283_01.jpg

• Cmdr_Shepherd likes this

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

E34 FANATIC!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

0_0.jpg

AS12_r283_01.jpg

the gold in this game looks a bit off but will try later. ur red Pontiac is soo cool man, I drive a boring 4 door saab now but I used to have a bmw e34 which is the coolest car in the world for me

• Ninja_Gear likes this

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

I had one of these for a while. It's a nice looking car and it's fast as hell compared to the other muscle cars.. but the handling... dear god the sliding! The horrible sliding!

0_0.jpg

• Cmdr_Shepherd and Wraith of Vern like this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:44 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 14 February 2014 - 01:12 PM.

the gold in this game looks a bit off but will try later. ur red Pontiac is soo cool man, I drive a boring 4 door saab now but I used to have a bmw e34 which is the coolest car in the world for me

Yeah i love it when you finally have 'that car' thats really your passion so to say. PS i also had a bmw e34 1992 for a while, ended up in a horrible car accident with 4 cars and a small truck. I was lucky to end up in the middle and got shoved aside by the car behind me that crashed straight into the back of my car, then he got crushed between the car in front of me and the truck behind him.. he didn't make it and i head pain in my spine for a good 2 years. I was lucky the bmw was a pretty a big car.

My current car, the Pontiac firebird as seen in the picture is almost 5 meters long and almost 2 meters wide, feels damn safe when driving in it. And people seem to keep a lot of more distance when driving it. Its a lot bigger then the Ruiner in GTA V lol.

As you can see it also looks a lot more sporty then the ruiner... the Ruiner looks a bit more edgy.

r1bk9i.jpg

I wished there was an option to change the tail lights a bit on the ruiner to make it more like mine lol.

I had one of these for a while. It's a nice looking car and it's fast as hell compared to the other muscle cars.. but the handling... dear god the sliding! The horrible sliding!

Still a lot better then the other Muscle cars though, If you learn to addapt to the handling you'll never spin out again. The Phoenix is a lot more heavy-ended.

kamikazeedriver
  • kamikazeedriver

Don

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

0_0.jpg

put on a set of high end rims.  trust me, handles alot better after.  I don't know why but it does affect handling.  After I did that to my ruiner, I ended up taking the "muscle car" rims off all my cars and replaced them with high end, I was surprised at the difference in handling.  Sport works pretty good too.

I really wish it didn't make a difference though, some cars look best with certain rims. 

GTP_Matt
  • GTP_Matt

I Like Boobies!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

I love mine...

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

• Ninja_Gear, Aesthetic and Chuck Finley like this

veryrarevibes
  • veryrarevibes

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

0_0.jpg'

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

XJackalX
  • XJackalX

Pilot Lord

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:46 AM Edited by XJackalX, 01 June 2014 - 03:50 AM.

Can this page please get some more posts..... lets see... where is mine...

This was my first one ever... parked next to one sexy sabre :p

0_0.jpg

Then we have another one I had at one point, once I had three at the same time.

0_0.jpg

Then there was this bad boy.... god was it sexyyyyyyyyyyy.

0_0.jpg

Second to last one.. wish I still had it :(

0_0.jpg

Here is my current Ruiner.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Mods on my current one-

Intoxicated blue paint

Fully modded trans, engine, turbo tuning

BP tires

Yankton Plate "Nitro Z" short for Z28

Used to be equipped with nitrious and was dubbed the adder killer.

Now just a cruising car. Modeled after a 91-92 z28. I own a 1990 Iroc-z IRL.

301225_216482118411152_1539836033_n.jpg

• Mr.Smith187 and TCMike like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users