What's next for Franklin?

50 replies to this topic
ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

Well judging from his excessive drinking, consumption of potato chips and watching TV in his brand new mansion every time I switch to him, he'll turn into the black version of Michael in a few years.

racist1.gif

Spoiler

Most likely.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

Franklin who ? CJ 2 ?

That useless nigga put there as one of the main characters only to please ''other ethnics'' /san andreas aficionados and to sell more copies ?

Chop and his aunt were more interesting than him

But in some way We liked his attitude

Danny, you know that ''black people'' watch even those racists movies with John Wayne and Clint Eastwood - and some of them even love that sh*t ?

A ''black'' protagonist should be there for a valid reason, like Richard Roundtree in Shaft

Stop with these stereotypes once and for all

Oh man, We're hyped already for GTA china 2030 with a underpayed worker as the main character

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

You know, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with all the bitching on this board if more of it was insightful bitching.

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:12 AM Edited by smokeysmokeonsmoke, 10 January 2014 - 04:26 AM.

I didn't mind him but I was expecting so much more, him aiming for bigger goals was fine but they should have got the hood stuff right and not made him such a complainer all the time. Him and Lamar could have done some crazy sh*t and started there own drug distrubution using there gang like someone said and there was hardly any story or missions involving the Mexican street gangs which I thought they'd cover all this stuff having Franklin as a protagonist, they could have had a mission where CGF are at war with the ballas so dress in purple shoot up some vagos/Aztecas to get some allies in the war etc etc and plenty of other stuff like that I love the gang sh*t in GTA it's always been there Mafia/steet gangs I find it all interesting and makes for my favourite kinda games but I felt like it was a let down in this one although I still really enjoyed it.

Fingers crossed for a DLC one on each character going into much more depth is what I'm hoping for or one new character maybe a Mexican.

Also we only meet 2 guys from CGF stretch and Lamar I was expecting more homies in the story

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Next thing(s)?
- play basketball
- run a gang and become a badass thug
- Turn Chop into a highly
skilled assassin. Must use true dog instincts and stop hitting stray dogs.
- Stop repeating, Nigga this! Nigga that!
- Produce a movie about gangsta
- Open Cars Showroom
  • Tashan and universetwisters like this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

What's wrong with franklin saying nigga? I honestly thought he would call people crackas too...
  • pilscy likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

Nothing wrong. As said, repetition does. He should be given more words to spit out like crackass, for example.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

Ah, well, I guess one mans annoyance is another mans humor

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

Next thing(s)?
- play basketball
- run a gang and become a badass thug
- Turn Chop into a highly
skilled assassin. Must use true dog instincts and stop hitting stray dogs.
- Produce a movie about gangsta
- Open Cars Showroom

lolll man only if they were already in the game... or they might be 

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

I didn't mind him but I was expecting so much more, him aiming for bigger goals was fine but they should have got the hood stuff right and not made him such a complainer all the time. Him and Lamar could have done some crazy sh*t and started there own drug distrubution using there gang like someone said and there was hardly any story or missions involving the Mexican street gangs which I thought they'd cover all this stuff having Franklin as a protagonist, they could have had a mission where CGF are at war with the ballas so dress in purple shoot up some vagos/Aztecas to get some allies in the war etc etc and plenty of other stuff like that I love the gang sh*t in GTA it's always been there Mafia/steet gangs I find it all interesting and makes for my favourite kinda games but I felt like it was a let down in this one although I still really enjoyed it.

Fingers crossed for a DLC one on each character going into much more depth is what I'm hoping for or one new character maybe a Mexican.

Also we only meet 2 guys from CGF stretch and Lamar I was expecting more homies in the story

This topic isn't about whether or not you liked Franklin.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Ugh, tell me about it. All the time, "Nigga please! Bitch nigga, nigga have you lost your mind? Nigga check that ho! Nigga you bullsh*ting! Break yourself nigga!" He says it so much, I don't even notice it anymore. The other day I was hanging out with Trevor and Franklin says "Can a nigga borrow a french fry?" And my first thought wasn't "Can't you say anything else?" It was "Now how is a nigga gonna borrow a fry? Nigga, is you gonna give it back?"

I'm telling you, my inside voice didn't talk like that before I started playing this game.

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

He starts doing meth and moves to Liberty City.

5 years later...

We see our new protag, Trisha, having sex with Franklin's girlfriend, Tanisha, also a meth head (I know she was getting married, don't ask). All of a sudden, Trisha sees on the TV that his long time disappeared friend, Michelle, was alive. He proceeds to go out.

There we see Franklin walking towards Trisha's apt., angry because he was f*cking his girl. Lamar and Stretch follow him while they say "Don't do it, Frank, it ain't worth it" (Ending A/B ends up being canon, so the story takes place after Frank kills one of his friends, therefore, Stretch is alive and ends up being friends with F).

Trisha walks out, holding a cup of whisky with his right hand. He ignores all the sh*t Franklin tells to him as he walks down the street.

"Hey, Trisha! I'm talking to you, dogf*cker" (Trisha was drunk one night and he accidently raped Chop. Everyone made fun of him, so he gets angry everytime someone reminds him that he is a dogf*cker), says Franklin.

Trisha truns around. "Oh... are you? So... what are you sayin'?"

"Banging my girl, dawg. It ain't cool."

"So... do you want me to bang you instead? C'mere, Mr. Gangbanger, take off your pants"

"Knock it off, nigga-"

"-TAKE THEM OFF".

"Hey, man, I'm leavin' before you take advant-" says Franklin, while Trisha interrupts him and throws him to the ground, smashes his cup on his face and then proceeds to stomp on his skull, killing him.

Then Trisha kills both Stretch and Lamar. He gets in his car and drives to Families territory (because after the events of V they moved to LC because you touch yourself at night).

I laughed, but killing Lamar, No. Lamar is cool.

Still doesn't lighten the mood about Johnny K though. :(

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

This topic isn't about whether or not you liked Franklin.

Lol my bad wrong thread I posted this late last night

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Ugh, tell me about it. All the time, "Nigga please! Bitch nigga, nigga have you lost your mind? Nigga check that ho! Nigga you bullsh*ting! Break yourself nigga!" He says it so much, I don't even notice it anymore. The other day I was hanging out with Trevor and Franklin says "Can a nigga borrow a french fry?" And my first thought wasn't "Can't you say anything else?" It was "Now how is a nigga gonna borrow a fry? Nigga, is you gonna give it back?"

I'm telling you, my inside voice didn't talk like that before I started playing this game.

Nigga, that's from boondocks...

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

I've seen guys like you complain, and while I do understand your're dislike and disdain for it, the truth is that is really how black people in the ghettos of large American cities speak, especially those of the criminal element like gang members. It's just a reflection of reality which Rockstar always try to do in GTA. GTA never seeks to water things down or be polite, so it's just one of those things where if you don't like that kind of thing, GTA is not for you. 

• Captain Arthur and pilscy like this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

Was it?

I've seen guys like you complain, and while I do understand your're dislike and disdain for it, the truth is that is really how black people in the ghettos of large American cities speak, especially those of the criminal element like gang members. It's just a reflection of reality which Rockstar always try to do in GTA. GTA never seeks to water things down or be polite, so it's just one of those things where if you don't like that kind of thing, GTA is not for you. 

Relax. I was following up what I assumed was a reference with another reference. I have no problem with it. In fact, when I heard some people complain that Franklin and Lamar's use of the word was excessive, I was surprised. I seriously didn't notice at all.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Was it?

Relax. I was following up what I assumed was a reference with another reference. I have no problem with it. In fact, when I heard some people complain that Franklin and Lamar's use of the word was excessive, I was surprised. I seriously didn't notice at all.

Ok my bad, I misunderstood that. 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:04 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 10 January 2014 - 05:05 PM.

Nothing wrong. As said, repetition does. He should be given more words to spit out like crackass, for example.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

wtf? they do realize that most black people speak with the word nigga?? worldwide... is like aging dude or bro.. and black people barley say those... relax y'all pussy please.. franklin my nigga

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

He'd make a good antagonist for a future game.

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:57 AM Edited by Charles Phipps, 16 January 2014 - 10:58 AM.

exept tanishas gone so, no wife and no kids....

all alone with all the money he could ever need and no one to share it with...

Ah, but Michael married a stripper. Infernus is a stripper who wants to marry a rich man. Franklin would probably find her much better company than Tanisha.

I imagine Franklin is going to be like Michael but more grounded. He owns the autoshop, the tow truck business, and the smoke shop in my games.

He is going to make life better for the people in the hood OUTSIDE of gangbanging.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users