Photo

Why dont I enjoy GTA V online as much as I did GTA IV online

42 replies to this topic
Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

I dont have the answer for that. I dont know why but whenever I played IV I could go on nonstop. I remember one time I played it 14 hrs straight. With GTA V I get bored within the hour. I know V had more features,more planes,weapons, custom cars but somehow I still enjoy GTA IV more and I dont know why.
  • Spiffy McNugget, StormerBoy and M210F like this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by Bonnano, 08 January 2014 - 09:16 PM.

Me neither really. V online is full of asshats too. And unlike IV, I can't votekick here. I only do private sessions now.

• Killzone3265 and MrHollick like this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:17 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 08 January 2014 - 09:18 PM.

I guess it's because IV's online has more freedom? I feel that's what makes IV's online more fun. Just you and your friends and/or randoms having fun without any consequences; like cops, losing money, personal vehicles, etc.

• saintsrow, Spiffy McNugget, StormerBoy and 5 others like this

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

I dont have the answer for that. I dont know why but whenever I played IV I could go on nonstop. I remember one time I played it 14 hrs straight. With GTA V I get bored within the hour. I know V had more features,more planes,weapons, custom cars but somehow I still enjoy GTA IV more and I dont know why.

My guess is that you have a very short attention span. I can't imagine being bored in this game. Until you have earned all the achievements you will have loads of things to do!

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

I agree, I don't have to worry about losing money and being a bad sport on IV

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:28 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 08 January 2014 - 09:34 PM.

Its because GTA IV there was no structure to the MP...it was other than a couple game modes just outright chaos and 24/7 griefing.

GTA Online has structure..Rockstar wants people to treat it as a RPG (was gonna put MMO but using MMO makes people mad) and grind to get stuff and people don't like being told what to do and for those that just wanna' act like its GTA IV and grief 24/7 they are punished for it because Rockstar wants to slowly get away from the mindset that GTA's multiplayer has no point other than to kill people and maybe race here and there.

GTA IV also made people entitled in a sense..In GTA Online you have to earn weapons or go out of your way to get weapons from NPCs/missions that'll vanish when you run outta ammo and you'd have to repeat going out of your way to get the weapons until you earn them while in GTA IV it was all free (you just had to run a couple inches to pick up a M416) and money had no point other than a bad type of points.

I prefer GTA Online because I'm not a fan of griefing tbh. (Don't get me wrong it happens a lot still but its not the only focus)

• M210F likes this

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

Gta online is going to need at least another year to get out of its infancy.
  • weaver76 likes this

Darkclox
  • Darkclox

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

9i2p.jpg

• LBxFinalDeath and CrazyWeasel like this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

Freedom to do whatever you want, with little to no consequences to your actions, I guess.

I never really played the various game modes of IV, mostly stuck to free roam but it never really gripped me. The majority of my experiences can be summed as "Everyone killing everyone or otherwise driving around the airport."

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

You can still go back and play gta iv. Why not doing that? I've seen many threads about this.

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Things to do in GTA IV:

1. Spawn

2. Pick up random weapon

3. Die

4. Spawn

5. Pick up random weapon

6. Die

7. Spawn

8. Pickup random weapon

9. Die

I seriously have no clue how you think IV was better... Maybe you're a CoD player...

• Coin. likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

You can still go back and play gta iv. Why not doing that? I've seen many threads about this.

Yeah but why couldnt V take the route of IV? I mean come on cops n crooks was the best game mode ever. Not one in V can compare to it
  • StormerBoy and bipolarzebra like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

IV servers are still working... go and play IV if thats what make you happy!

/thread

CrazyWeasel
  • CrazyWeasel

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

9i2p.jpg

^^^^^
My sentiments exactly.

btwn68n70
  • btwn68n70

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

I enjoy anal sex

plnkfloydian
  • plnkfloydian

|ATHF|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

I enjoy anal sex

Seems Legit.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:30 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 08 January 2014 - 10:30 PM.

I know for me at least, GTA V has the ability to be far more open and fun than GTA IV, but doesn't because of the weird Call of Duty/free to play model they have decided to implement.  

Everything feels locked out and inaccessible.  I hate to grind, and GTA V is nothing but grind almost.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Things to do in GTA IV:

1. Spawn
2. Pick up random weapon
3. Die
4. Spawn
5. Pick up random weapon
6. Die
7. Spawn
8. Pickup random weapon
9. Die

I seriously have no clue how you think IV was better... Maybe you're a CoD player...

CoD players play like that.
I play Online nearly how I played IV MP(hanging with friends, race, explore, search for glitches, make up random games, etc).
IV just has more freedom since you don't have to grind.

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

they could of introduced pvp in this game.  And no deathmatch dun cut it. 

• Spiffy McNugget likes this

xNinjaStarfishx
  • xNinjaStarfishx

Happy Happy Joy Joy

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Gta IV was only better in that it had more chaotic airport fights. Gta v is by far superior.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

Things to do in GTA IV:

1. Spawn
2. Pick up random weapon
3. Die
4. Spawn
5. Pick up random weapon
6. Die
7. Spawn
8. Pickup random weapon
9. Die

Maybe you didn't have friends?

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Get out of my face, you miserable, dung-sniffing dirt-scratcher

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Serious question... what's the big hype about Cops n Crooks??

I've seen loads of threads about it. I've played it numerous times in GTA 4. Just seemed like another mode... and with sticky bombs in this game, that mode would end up being Bombers n Kamikazes. ._.

BloodRed87
  • BloodRed87

Loser

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

As far as free roam is concerned, I'd rather play V's. There was nothing in IV's; hell the strip clubs were empty and you couldn't even get drunk, play bowling, billiards or darts with your friends. Now that was some bullsh*t.

The only thing I miss from IV is matchmaking. All you had to do was bring your phone up and you could jump into any specific playlist for deathmatch, racing, cops 'n crooks etc and find plenty of players. But in V, we have to arrange all this sh*t ourselves, which sucks since 99% of free roamers would rather just dick around than play DM or race.

• TreFacTor, SHARKEM and Pixel S like this

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

As far as free roam is concerned, I'd rather play V's. There was nothing in IV's; hell the strip clubs were empty and you couldn't even get drunk, play bowling, billiards or darts with your friends. Now that was some bullsh*t.

The only thing I miss from IV is matchmaking. All you had to do was bring your phone up and you could jump into any specific playlist for deathmatch, racing, cops 'n crooks etc and find plenty of players. But in V, we have to arrange all this sh*t ourselves, which sucks since 99% of free roamers would rather just dick around than play DM or race.

Yep 4 had no real matchmaking it would just put you in lobbies which worked so much better. 

magicaldog
  • magicaldog

Magicaldog

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

There is certainly more of everything but I get bored after 30-45 minutes, it's just not very much fun !

That NEVER happened in GTA 4 

I also REALLY hat the fact that you've got to manually mute every single on of retards using headsets !

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

You can have IV...I didn't enjoy being turned into a concrete dick form the park and being stuck in the prison because one ass thought it was hilarious.

• Pixel S likes this

notgonlie
  • notgonlie

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

because no matter how many different features they can put in the game people will still just wanna return to their caveman instincts and run to the airport and blow each other up. but since that pastime has been removed their really isnt a go-to anymore. and 16 players on huge map results in less interactions. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

I liked Liberty City a lot more than San Andreas to be honest.

Recinema
  • Recinema

Bounty Hunter

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:27 AM Edited by Recinema, 09 January 2014 - 02:28 AM.

There is more to do in GTA 5 which in an odd way makes less things actually happen. In GTA IV you didn't have to worry about anything really, just ran around picked up gun and shot players. However, players would turn this into more. Often times people would form their own little gangs and have their own holdouts and such. Also there was many more accessible buildings in IV as opposed to V. Me and friends would holdup in the nightclub, apartments, hospitals, etc all the time. This isn't really possible in V as they blocked nearly all of the interiors from SP. (WHY?!?!)

However, the biggest contributor is probably that is was fresh for you, an open world gta MP game. For people just now joining GTA with this installation, they will have they same feeling with the next. Halo had the same effect on me. Halo 3 was my very first MP game and no matter if all of the Halos after it are technically better, I will never feel I am having as much fun because it isn't fresh anymore.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:30 AM

IV had better handling = immersive and fun.
IV had vehicle damage = exciting and risky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users