what will be the Fourth Universe?

13 replies to this topic
RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

Sweet Johnson is a Penis Joke.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Like the title says, what can improve in GTA?

We'd had:

2D Era: Simply the first TopDown games.

3D Era: The classic Renderware which seriously raised the number of fans.

HD Era: Rockstar finally made their own Game Engine named RAGE to start High Quality highly detailed games. yet i'm still confused about GTA Chinatown wars, which was in an old LC without Alderney, so i don't know if GTA CW counts as the HD Era.

How can Rockstar Upgrade the GTA series to a much better level? HD is the best game you can get, unless Rockstar uses the only way out and makes it a Second HD Era, HD2? I hope i wasn't the only one thinking about discussing this. 

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:33 PM Edited by Argon, 08 January 2014 - 09:34 PM.

The era's are just used generally. 3D is a bad choice of words, because the original TOPDOWN (not 2D) where in fact 3D. Same goes for HD. It was a term used in that era to announce new hardware, just like they used the term in the screen resolutions to announce High Definition screens. It's just a relative term. They come up with new weird names like Ultra-HD and 4K, just to make it different. OF course they can go 'better' in terms of engines. Yes, their games will be 3-dimensional and have a higher resolution. Every game designer is pushing for that (and is able to do that), but it's the general user hardware that limits the visuals of their games. I'm not sure if they are going to announce a new era (I'm not even sure if they ever officially gave names to eras, or if it was the fanbase), but visually speaking, new games will look better. New hardware allows better Anti-Aliasing, higher textures and higher resolutions. Hopefully a better framerate. But that's all expected on every game, not just R* games. Under the hood (so the real engine), who knows. It's all a matter of real dynamics/physics, and currently they are still using some clever animations instead of real-time physics. So yeah, the improvements in general are related to more calculating power, so more real-life 'simulation'. None of that effects design choices, i.e. main missions/side missions/random activities.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

I doubt the kind of game they'll be making in a decade will have technology available to us today. If they do decide they need a new era, the name that defines that era may be for something that doesn't exist or doesn't have a proper name yet. Remember, gaming paradigms aren't just about perdy pixels. 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Like the title says, what can improve in GTA?

We'd had:
2D Era: Simply the first TopDown games.
3D Era: The classic Renderware which seriously raised the number of fans.
HD Era: Rockstar finally made their own Game Engine named RAGE to start High Quality highly detailed games. yet i'm still confused about GTA Chinatown wars, which was in an old LC without Alderney, so i don't know if GTA CW counts as the HD Era.

How can Rockstar Upgrade the GTA series to a much better level? HD is the best game you can get, unless Rockstar uses the only way out and makes it a Second HD Era, HD2? I hope i wasn't the only one thinking about discussing this. 

I would go with HD2 Era it make sense,but hopefully continues the HD Era.Plus i think the Universes(Era) Correspond to the 3 Generations the series have evolved through i.e. 2D Era-PS1,3D Era-PS2/Xbox,HD Era-PS3/Xbox360

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

I Don't think that there will be a fourth universe. I think it will stay in the HD Universe cause it would be stupid to again, Recreate Liberty & LS.

Fortress
  • Fortress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

I've actually been wondering this myself. I suppose it depends on what the next major leap in technology is.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

4K/UHD Universe?

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Real Cities. Like they did with LA Noire. Real licensed cars, like Midnight Club. Real Life era? Seems too far for us, but it would certainly be awesome.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

I Don't think that there will be a fourth universe. I think it will stay in the HD Universe cause it would be stupid to again, Recreate Liberty & LS.

Shouldn't of been a 3rd universe, story wise.

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:36 AM Edited by xreppiz, 14 February 2014 - 05:40 AM.

yeah i think GTA5 PC/NG version will be considered as forth Universe, that is UHD universe.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

I think they will continue with the HD Era afterall Next-Gen Consoles are also HD.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Well just because we are going to next gen with the next GTA doesn't mean that we are leaving the HD universe. The universes only last as long as R* say so.

I think its to early to say what the next universe will be called.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

I honestly can't see them making a new universe. The only reason they created the 'HD' universe was so they could achieve their vision of their real life city counterparts. I mean, c'mon, Liberty City in the III era looked like sh*t lol. The atmosphere was great! but it doesn't quite beat IV's renedition.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

I honestly can't see them making a new universe. The only reason they created the 'HD' universe was so they could achieve their vision of their real life city counterparts. I mean, c'mon, Liberty City in the III era looked like sh*t lol. The atmosphere was great! but it doesn't quite beat IV's renedition.

Exactly.Great Comment bro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users