Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there any possibility the next GTA will be in LC?

9 replies to this topic
NeyMaR_FCB
  • NeyMaR_FCB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

I prefer LC over LS.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

Nobody is stopping you from loading up GTA 1, 2, 3, Liberty City Stories, or GTA 4.  Liberty City wont be the next game, I can guarantee you that.  Because of the popularity of Vice City, I can see GTA 6 (if that's the name they choose) being based on the deep south region of America.

NeyMaR_FCB
  • NeyMaR_FCB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

Nobody is stopping you from loading up GTA 1, 2, 3, Liberty City Stories, or GTA 4.  Liberty City wont be the next game, I can guarantee you that.  Because of the popularity of Vice City, I can see GTA 6 (if that's the name they choose) being based on the deep south region of America.

VC is too small.

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

VC is too small.

Yes, well obviously Fail_At_GTA meant a renewed VC, like they renewed LC in the HD universe. VC in GTA VI makes the most sense when you look at the order, and I would like it. Don't know if it should be in modern day, though. Las Venturas is also a cool option. They have to start introducing new cities, though, because at this rate there aren't that many left (SF wasn't that interesting). I don't think they'll touch LC again soon, perhaps in Online.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

That hobo from poland

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

VC is too small.

indeed, GTA VC on renderware was indeed a disaster.

after a cutscene tommy loads up another asshole quote to the boss, and sprinting can make you faster than a car. in GTAIII you could load up new skins and it worked all perfect, and here the skins only work when the player wears the normal outfit.

sorry but, I can't imagine GTA 6 Being set in Vice city, only if they set it in a new city like they did with GTA IV.

Rockstar, this is what you get if you start on a new project 2 months after you were done, buggy, messy, quick made mess.

NeyMaR_FCB
  • NeyMaR_FCB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by NeyMaR_FCB, 08 January 2014 - 09:07 PM.

but wouldn't you enjoy a next gen LC more than a next gen VC

and when do you think GTA VI will be announced

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:20 PM Edited by Argon, 08 January 2014 - 09:24 PM.

If you have a decent PC, and some knowledge on proper mods, there is a sort of next gen LC. GTA IV was a great game in my experience, and I liked the dark story. I think the city was the best of all GTA's. That's almost objectively speaking (due to improved hardware); they had so many systems at work, which make previous GTA's almost a joke (again, due to better hardware). That said, I think most of us are tired of LC after spending two full games in it. If you miss it, play IV (or III). They won't touch Los Santos and LC anymore for a long time. Looking at the order in which the cities were introduced, and combining that with their different versions in different era's, Vice City (remade) is the next step. They could skip it and go for a San Fierro or Las Venturas remake, but I think they'll chose for VC. It's popular among fans, and they have never given it a HD version. Whether it will be in GTA VI or extra content in Online, I don't know. 

The timing for GTA VI is hard to say. By current standards, they would have started developing it right after V's release, and it would be released in 5 years. So probably an announcement in 2016/2017. I think they would need to build an entire different engine (again). If they could have kept V's engine, it could be released somewhere in 2016 I guess, but since they are obviously going next gen, they'll probably have to go from scratch. HOWEVER, the release of GTA Online ruins any sort of prediction. They haven't really confirmed there goal with Online, since it's still an experiment. They might port the current Online to next gen (hell, perhaps even the SP of V), and add new worlds to that Online world as time progresses. Perhaps there will never be a full GTA SP game, and it'll be just Online expansions like WoW. Very hard to say. The only thing I think that is safe to say (although others disagree), is that they haven't started development of VI.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Man. Given all the chaos the underworld goes through over the course of the GTAIV games, what would be left five years later? Sure there'd still be crime, but how much of it would be organized?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

No. I think LC (NYC) is a pretty nice city and I won’t deny that it would look terrific with next gen graffics but I like innovation and going back to LC would be really repetitve.

I'm not a big fan of VC as the next destination but I can't either understand why people say it wouldn’t work because of its size; the real Miami with its suburbs is a pretty big city (and more if we included everglades and so). An HD remade would obviously be closer to the real city, and therefore bigger than the 3d era one.

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by Argon, 08 January 2014 - 09:43 PM.

Man. Given all the chaos the underworld goes through over the course of the GTAIV games, what would be left five years later? Sure there'd still be crime, but how much of it would be organized?

I agree, but technically speaking they can just wipe everything away like it never existed. They are never direct sequels or prequels, and R* always hides behind there 'different universes' excuses, which is just a better way to say 'we're thinking only one game ahead'. I can't blame them. The amount of work they put in recreating a city is insane. They spent like 2 years of discovering Los Angeles (I guess the same went for NY) before actually really touching the game. That's just recreating a certain vibe, it doesn't even include the story. I think it's only natural and to be expected that they are pretty tired of a city once they have given it a real go in the HD universe. It's said in multiple interviews that they felt that they didn't do LA real justice in SA, so they wanted to redo it, and make it extremely real-like this time. I guess they had the same feeling when they remade LC. I think they are just done with those cities for quite a while, and the next 3D era city turn is VC. (Technically, it should have been released between IV and V). Again, they could skip it and remake the 2 other cities from San Andreas, but I'm still a believer in VC. Just curious, is anybody out there a believer in a totally new city? I think they would at least mention it in a future game/DLC before just making up cities. By that logic, it's one of the following: VC, SF, LV or Carcer City (which I think is unlikely). Am i missing one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users