Quantcast

» «
Photo

I'd love to be able to get rid of guns I have.

27 replies to this topic
xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Is that possible, or are they with me permanently?

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

You can get busted, but then you lose every weapon.

No other options, I'm afraid.

• xenorama likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

You can get busted, but then you lose every weapon.

No other options, I'm afraid.

Not so. You lose all your ammo and whatever weapon you were equipped with at the time. I wish you lost every weapon, it's an arduous process getting busted over and over again. 

• Ermac. and xenorama like this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Well thanks to both of you, at least there is ONE way. I might have to get busted a few times to whittle down my guns.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

I don't know if it works offline... but online you can hit triangle while viewing the retardo weapons wheel - the item that is highlighted will be dropped on the ground...

I'm pretty sure you can do it offline because it's how I get rid of the lower end rifles I don't wish to use...

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

I will try that and let you know.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:17 PM Edited by im_stoned, 08 January 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Can I ask why you want to get rid of all of you're weapons ? I'm just curious

• Militia likes this

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

Wait... may I ask why? I can see no logical reason, I am sorry.

• Militia likes this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

I'm tired of cycling through a bunch of guns I don't use in order to get to the ones I do use.

I mean I have six weapons in the Pistols slot, probably only want to keep 3 of those. I prefer only one of the machine guns (Carbine Rifle), and I think I'll get rid of the simpler sniper rifle. Things like that.

-xeno

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

Can you get rid of melee weapons buy getting busted too?

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

I'm tired of cycling through a bunch of guns I don't use in order to get to the ones I do use.

I mean I have six weapons in the Pistols slot, probably only want to keep 3 of those. I prefer only one of the machine guns (Carbine Rifle), and I think I'll get rid of the simpler sniper rifle. Things like that.

-xeno

Oh, ya that's understandable then, I thought you were one of those people that complained that you could carry multiple weapons because its not like the old GTAs, I have annoyances with that too. Besides the police arrest option, my only solution is just keep the guns you want as the selected one on the weapon wheel, but unfortunately it resets every time you load the game up. 

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

There are only five pistols available....

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

There are only five pistols available....

And the stun gun. I'm pretty sure it's six slots in total, but yes five hanguns.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

impossibru

De_Regelaar
  • De_Regelaar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:30 AM Edited by De_Regelaar, 09 January 2014 - 09:34 AM.

jeezes noobs. JUst open your weaponcircle and select the weapon you want to get rid off, press TRIANGLE and the weapon will drop to the floor, just make sure you walk away from it else you will pick it up again.

I only have the weapons is really use and when i pick up others again, i just throw them away again. Its 5sec work for playing alot more relax. I throw away the standard pistol away everytime i start away, so i have my APpistol as a running weapon all the time.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

Personally, I like ALL the weapons and like switching back and forth from them.  It's not like the weapons are weighing the character down or anything causing them to run slower or something.  While on the train doing 5 star wanted levels having a variety of weapons is key to pick off the helicopters and cars that try to ram into the train or drive along side of the train.

I can see some weapons are better than others and why have some sh*tty pistol when you can have a better weapon.  I can see that, just not sure why anybody would want to actually get rid of them.  I like to have EVERY weapon in the game and at max ammo.

Don't forget to pick up the molotov's in the 5 locations to get max molotovs.  Shame you can't buy them at Ammunation, but you can pick them up 5 times, giving a total of 25 for max ammo and when you save it, they WILL be there when you turn the game back on, I got the molotovs for all three characters at 25.

P0lymorphine
  • P0lymorphine

Hard Like 25M Heroics

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

jeezes noobs. JUst open your weaponcircle and select the weapon you want to get rid off, press TRIANGLE and the weapon will drop to the floor, just make sure you walk away from it else you will pick it up again.

makes you look like a noob for not even noticing that's been mentioned already and he wanted to know for offline mode.

Ha.

• stjimmy3 likes this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

[Lancer] [VP]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

I agree with the idea, what really pisses me off is extended magazines though, every time my handguns have them on it drives me nuts, it makes them look so goddamn ugly, and if I unequipped extended mags, they go back on.

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Cruise-Mids Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

i didnt know that about weapon/wheel and triangle, hopefully i can get rid of the sns and pistol now

i prefer the extended clips, i think they make the guns look more 'meaner'

De_Regelaar
  • De_Regelaar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

there is an offline game of GTA online? Whats its called? GTA 5?  :)

yup, didnt read it at all

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Also FYI pressing B/Circle drops ammo from that weapon.

I don't really understand how you don't know this kind of things tbh, it tells you every single time you open the weapon wheel. 

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Also FYI pressing B/Circle drops ammo from that weapon.

I don't really understand how you don't know this kind of things tbh, it tells you every single time you open the weapon wheel. 

Well sometimes the best place to hide something is right out in the open.

Have you ever seen that Youtube video where you're asked to count the number of times a group of people pass a ball? During the video, a person in a gorilla costume walks right into the middle of the action, waves hello, and then walks away.

The vast majority of people, as long as they're actually counting the number of times the ball is passed, will not see the man in the gorilla costume despite how obvious it is. I didn't see it the first time either.

• Militia likes this

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Unique Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

That's only available in Online I think.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

I only have the weapons is really use and when i pick up others again, i just throw them away again. Its 5sec work for playing alot more relax. I throw away the standard pistol away everytime i start away, so i have my APpistol as a running weapon all the time.

You don't have to be an asshole, he could be talking about multyplayer  

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

there is an offline game of GTA online? Whats its called? GTA 5?  :)

yup, didnt read it at all

you should really try this one out friend. not too many features as the online counterpart, but surely not as buggy.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

Well the triangle button doesn't toss away guns in story mode. The only way I've been able to do it is by getting busted.

STUPID SNS pistol is one you can't lose, though, since it's a DLC weapon. Damn!

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

This pisses me off that you can't ditch guns in SP. The code exists in game. The button command exists. How much disc space would it take up for this ability to be in STORY MODE? How much time would it have taken to implement?

It's like V and O are different games, made by different devs (seeing as how R* pulled in multiple studios, this may well be the case)
I HATE the SMS pistol or whatever it's called. I never wanted it in my inventory. I much prefer IV's system of one weapon of each type. It added an element of tactics to it - which gun do i use for this mission? That one.

It's such a small feature, but one I can't understand why was omitted from single player. I would uninstall the BBP if it wasn't for the Bifta

I wanna ditch that f*cking bottle too. Wouldn't be too bad if they didn't just appear in your inventory either

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Online VS SP

I know, it's bullsh*t.

It's always been like this.  I wipe my ass with the online mode, idc if Rockstar makes it the best ever, still will wipe my ass with Online mode and NEVER touch it, waste of space and complete crock of sh*t with chrome tank happy nutcases running around at age 9.  What a joke.

• xenorama likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users