Quantcast

» «
Photo

Got dumbest response ever from R* support over hacked bounty.

74 replies to this topic
saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

What's worse, is that it took them nearly a month to send out an automated response....

The reason for the long responses is that Rockstar's support bot software got a virus and had to be disabled, so they started using the GTAV cop AI to answer service tickets.  :colgate: But the cop AI is so aggressive in GTAV / GTA0 :angry:  that there are very few cop AI bots left to answer the mail. 

Regarding the video capture, indeed probably very few people have it.  I wanted to capture some of the scenes and drives in GTAV in HD720, so I eventually got the Elgato video capture box (about $150 or so), being fed by my PS3 video output.  But then you also need a decent PC to keep up with the video decoding and actual capture to disk.  So it's an expensive proposition. 

I have sometimes (only about 1/4 of the time) captured interesting things like billion dollar bounties, tankwars, and getting spawnkilled.  But it is handy to be able to go back to the video and see who killed me and maybe how directly and from how far they came at me with intent to kill the new white dot.  These trolls must just stare at the map, waiting for a new white dot to show up. 

On topic:  I am so happy I got my billion plus of free money.  Big money takes a lot of unnecessary stress out of GTA0.  One time, I got a $2B bounty on me, but I got killed literally about 4 seconds after it was placed, before I even realized it was on me, so I could not flee the session with dirty money.  But I did put a pathetic little $9K bounty back on the guy that bountied me, to indicate my "righteous indignation" at potentially being gifted free money or for making me part of his dirty scheme.  Luckily, in response, he directly shared $900M to me and I swiftly left the session to again show how very upset I was at getting that money.  NOT.  ;)

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:25 AM Edited by Cokecan72, 09 January 2014 - 10:09 AM.

After a 3 odd week wait (and me forgetting about it) i got my R* Support responce today...

Hi Cokecan72,

You are receiving this automatic ticket update because you have an open ticket in the Rockstar Support system related to GTA Online modding, cheating, or hacking. We have received a large number of complaints over the past few weeks about cheaters gifting large amounts of GTA$ to others, setting bounty rewards outside game limits, or otherwise attempting to tamper with the GTA Online economy.

We have deployed several hotfixes to prevent this type of activity, and will be adding further cheat protection in future Title Updates as well. Players who willingly cheated to create this illegitimate influx of in-game currency have been separated out from the rest of the population and we are continuing to monitor for suspicious activity. If you were the unwilling recipient of an impossibly large amount of GTA$, you do not need to worry about us taking action against your account. However, please be aware that we will be making community-wide automatic adjustments to players’ account balances to remove the modded money.

At this time, you do not need to do anything further and this ticket will resolve on its own. Thank you for contacting us to report this activity. We look forward to seeing you Online!

If you believe you are receiving this message in error, or your ticket is not about GTA Online cheaters, please feel free to respond to this message and we will address your issue individually. Please note that we are not currently accepting appeals for players banned or in the Cheater Pool for transferring modded cash to others, and we are not able to remove these cash gifts on a case-by-case basis. Account balance adjustments will occur system-wide to undo these gifts.

Rockstar Games.

3 Weeks for an automated responce !!!! Strewth....

Interested in the system wide gifted money account balance adjustment thing.. Does this mean the gta world is going to have a load of broke down and outs all skint due to massive spending spree's. ??

No mention in my responce about being able to spend the money just don't give it away..
Where do we stand on this ??

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:52 AM Edited by gn1992, 09 January 2014 - 09:52 AM.

Lol I still have my billions.

They will never remove it

And if they do, my hacker bro gives me more

Philippelp
  • Philippelp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

After a 3 odd week wait (and me forgetting about it) i got my R* Support responce today...

Hi Cokecan72,

You are receiving this automatic ticket update because you have an open ticket in the Rockstar Support system related to GTA Online modding, cheating, or hacking. We have received a large number of complaints over the past few weeks about cheaters gifting large amounts of GTA$ to others, setting bounty rewards outside game limits, or otherwise attempting to tamper with the GTA Online economy.

We have deployed several hotfixes to prevent this type of activity, and will be adding further cheat protection in future Title Updates as well. Players who willingly cheated to create this illegitimate influx of in-game currency have been separated out from the rest of the population and we are continuing to monitor for suspicious activity. If you were the unwilling recipient of an impossibly large amount of GTA$, you do not need to worry about us taking action against your account. However, please be aware that we will be making community-wide automatic adjustments to players’ account balances to remove the modded money.

At this time, you do not need to do anything further and this ticket will resolve on its own. Thank you for contacting us to report this activity. We look forward to seeing you Online!

If you believe you are receiving this message in error, or your ticket is not about GTA Online cheaters, please feel free to respond to this message and we will address your issue individually. Please note that we are not currently accepting appeals for players banned or in the Cheater Pool for transferring modded cash to others, and we are not able to remove these cash gifts on a case-by-case basis. Account balance adjustments will occur system-wide to undo these gifts.

Rockstar Games.

3 Weeks for an automated responce !!!! Strewth....

Interested in the system wide gifted money account balance adjustment thing.. Does this mean the gta world is going to have a load of broke down and outs all skint due to massive spending spree's. ??

No mention is my responce about being able to spend the money just don't give it away..
Where do we stand on this ??

Yup, exactly the same here... Got that response as well after a 2week waiting period... Really sucks

• Cokecan72 likes this

Ankarstrom
  • Ankarstrom

Scooter brother

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

Do anyone actually except anything but auto response support for a product you pay 60$? Assuming Brian B is on R* payroll, him spending more than a few minutes on your support claim would remove most or all of their revenue. Of course they have to go for automatic/general answers. They probably read your letter and copy paste a 'suitable' answer from a standard template.

As a comparison, I'm in the software industry myself. We sell control systems to the offshore industry. Our products go in the hundreds of thousands of dollar range. We obviously offer free telephone and mail support, keeping our customers happy is top priority. Many support tickets end up in sales/service trips -again yielding lots and lots of dollars.

What I'm trying to say here, there isn't really any margins in the gaming industry to offer personal support.

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

Ok i can live with an automated mass sent out responce, but when other people are getting told it is ok to spend the money, others just being told gifted cash will be removed..

Where do we stand on this, Surely R* support automated emails should at least be in line with other one's sent out and not different and confusing.. A simple clear answer from R* to either spend it and be merry or to save it as it will soon be gone and your be indebt otherewise would be appreciated.. Is it really that hard R* ?? Geez..

GTAO_Playerrr
  • GTAO_Playerrr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Not buying that is verbatim from R*....

NOx7Kqw.png

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Pleeassee they are clueless. They will tell you you can spend it then ban you for it lol. So dysfunctional.
  • Cokecan72 likes this

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Homie

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

That's not the dumbest thing R* support has sent out. They're trying to blame NAT types for all the connection problems and completely ignoring the fact that unlinking your gamer tag from the social club fixes most time out issues.

smdh

Wait, what?

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:52 AM Edited by jdwarfer, 09 January 2014 - 11:53 AM.

I wrote down the name of the hacker that gave me millions. R* support asked me to give it too, as well as proof, with a picture or video. I didn't think about taking a picture at this moment. Whatever.

It's not dumb. There are thousands and thousands of players. They must use some software to find illegal gifted money. But if we can tell a name, it's more practical I guess.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

That's not the dumbest thing R* support has sent out. They're trying to blame NAT types for all the connection problems and completely ignoring the fact that unlinking your gamer tag from the social club fixes most time out issues.
smdh

Wait, what?

If you always time out trying to get online the fix is unlinking your gamertag from the social club, however R*'s standard response as found on the support topic or sent in their emails is to change your NAT type.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Homie

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

You kind sir, could be correct.

I, two days ago participated (I feel shameful in doing so) in their community discussion about network errors, joining lobbies then being kicked, cannot use the 'Go' option from the online menu - have to use the 'Invite only' session etc...

Brian B actually responded to my request stating something about NAT types and then bridging my router.

My main problem is people that cannot read on the internet. The human brain is not found in all humans and it's unfortunately so. Before going out my way to participate in a discussion with other humans (I usually avoid because of the brain issue), I thoroughly checked and played around with all my connectivity settings to see which would work best for my situation.

I'm a Community manager for another online game, yet when you do make a request, one would think the person did a little googling before posting.

Either way, I will unlink my account now and see if I can use these options.

Thanks for the heads up in advanced if indeed it works :)

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Omnifarious - You miss the point.  What do you expect?  They're not going to drop everything their doing and say "quick Omnifarious just sent a request.  Stop everything and sort it out NOW!".  Life ain't like that.  You are just one of thousands of similar reports submitted to R* so to expect a personalised reply and a quick resolution is frankly rather stupid.  As I said, at least you've got a reply from R*.  I've heard noithing to date from them.

Face Down
  • Face Down

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Not buying that is verbatim from R*....

NOx7Kqw.png

Thanks for posting, you made me a believer!  

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

I got the same response before Xmas.

I had already given them all the information already is the thing.  Every last bit including a screenshot....

I quit playing the day after I got that response.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users