Quantcast

» «
Photo

Got dumbest response ever from R* support over hacked bounty.

74 replies to this topic
GTAO_Playerrr
  • GTAO_Playerrr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:18 PM Edited by GTAO_Playerrr, 08 January 2014 - 07:19 PM.

I put in a ticket weeks ago when I killed a hacked bounty. I just now got this back:

Hello xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting R* Games Support.

We are sorry to hear that you were given money by someone who may have been cheating. This will be investigated and the gifted money may be removed from your account. If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about Rockstar Games taking action against you. You may spend the money, but do not give it away.

Can you please reply to this with the following information in order to report a cheat:

Your Name:
Your E-mail:
Player Name:
Platform:
Game:
Description of Abuse:
Video (any video showing the player cheating/exploiting):

Once we have all this information we will look into it for you and if the player is found to be cheating we will take the relevant action.

Kind regards

They expect me to remember the bounties name? Are they on f*cking crack? I've killed about 10 more since then because they were in every lobby. Lol, just lol. You should have the records, find the dudes name yourself.

At least there is confirmation that it is safe to spend.

• xxRichter likes this

xcaliber81
  • xcaliber81

Pothead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:21 PM Edited by xcaliber81, 08 January 2014 - 07:23 PM.

I love how they ask for video proof like yea we all have video cameras strapped to our foreheads and can record on the fly.
  • senormidget, tjor24, Khaos89 and 8 others like this

twiceisnice
  • twiceisnice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

Woohoo for the freenes to spend! Tipical rockstar response tho .
  • BurningChrome likes this

SteveKeith
  • SteveKeith

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

I dont think you have to fill in that bottom bit, i think its only for if you want to report them

• gio_king likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for the confirmation that they're still responding to the issue in the same way as they have been for everybody else who posts this exact thread.

• TreFacTor and MrHollick like this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

MASTER OF MAYHEM

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

SPEND DAT CHEDDA

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

That's not the dumbest thing R* support has sent out. They're trying to blame NAT types for all the connection problems and completely ignoring the fact that unlinking your gamer tag from the social club fixes most time out issues.

smdh

Pete4000uk
  • Pete4000uk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

My 1.1bn is safe then!

C*_BALLSAQ
  • C*_BALLSAQ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

First line

"We are sorry to hear that you were given money by someone who may have been cheating"

really, when OP submits a ticket over killing a bounty? wtf? lol. do they even read?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

What's a hacked bounty?

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:38 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 08 January 2014 - 07:39 PM.

First line

"We are sorry to hear that you were given money by someone who may have been cheating"

really, when OP submits a ticket over killing a bounty? wtf? lol. do they even read?

What if I told you that is likely an automated response.

Maybe not since I just read the part "weeks ago", but could be.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

OP Is a noob

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

MASTER OF MAYHEM

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

What if I told you to buy EVERYTHING.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

What if I told you, life is like a box of chocolates.....

t-togg
  • t-togg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

i dont suppose they expect you to know the name or even have a video. but depending on what you do have they can take their actions.

you only know your own name, game, system and what happened: they take away the cash

you know the name and have video evidence: they take away your cash and can ban the player

you know the name but have no evidence: they take away your cash and ban the player if multiple reports were made for the player.

so chil...

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

It's a bit late now, but I saw this advice at the time and as well as reporting them on Xbox Live I did this. Took snapshots of the notifications using my phone and sent them along with all the details. Not for everyone, just the ones gifting me money and placing ludricous bounties. It felt just as cathartic as getting revenge against someone who killed me in-game.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

What if I told you, life is like a box of chocolates.....

Life gave me lemons, what do.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Wait, you got a response from R*?
  • GroundZero, Omnifarious and BurningChrome like this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

I put in a ticket weeks ago when I killed a hacked bounty. I just now got this back:

Hello xxxxxx,

We are sorry to hear that you were given money by someone who may have been cheating. This will be investigated and the gifted money may be removed from your account. If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about Rockstar Games taking action against you. You may spend the money, but do not give it away.

Can you please reply to this with the following information in order to report a cheat:

Your Name:
Your E-mail:
Player Name:
Platform:
Game:
Description of Abuse:
Video (any video showing the player cheating/exploiting):

Once we have all this information we will look into it for you and if the player is found to be cheating we will take the relevant action.

Kind regards

They expect me to remember the bounties name? Are they on f*cking crack? I've killed about 10 more since then because they were in every lobby. Lol, just lol. You should have the records, find the dudes name yourself.

At least there is confirmation that it is safe to spend.

Got that same exact one, after I fully detailed my report. Only difference was mine did not say I was allowed to spend it lol, which I didn't anyway and still got Pool'd. The irony is over 9000. Regardless, all my gifted money + that is removed and I'm not in the pool anymore (lasted 30 minutes). It's pretty much garbage though.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Sent them a message Dec. 12th. Just got a response today, on the 7th of January. SAME exact response as you...

Hello Omnifarious_Nef,

We are sorry to hear that you were given money by someone who may have been cheating. This will be investigated and the gifted money may be removed from your account. If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about Rockstar Games taking action against you.”

Cheers,
R*

Yada yada yada yada yada yada....

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by marco-polo, 08 January 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Just got a response today...

Yup.

It's hardly a dumb response you've got imo, it's there to help prove that the guy has done something wrong but whatever...

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:55 PM Edited by am30, 08 January 2014 - 08:56 PM.

I don't see anything wrong in the slightest with their request.  All they are asking for is as much information as possible so they can catch the hacker in question.  It's hardly dumb and they won't expect you to fill out every field, just as much or as little information as you can give.  It's pretty much the same information that they ask for when you file a complaint on their own website.  The more info' you give them the less suspicious you'll look.

At least you've got a reply and know that R* are looking into it.  i've yet to hear back after nearly 4 weeks.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

You are right. How are you supposed to remember the name of a bounty you killed?

The expression ''Nothing personnal'' actually means something.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

It is sad how long they take to get back, only for a copy and pasted reply. I said my cheater timer kept going up, and another one asking if im bugged, they copy and pasted the same thing twice XD they probably look for keywords and then just choose one of the automated replies based on it. 

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Well, at least now I know that I can spend the money I was given without worrying about getting banned...

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by Omnifarious, 08 January 2014 - 09:09 PM.

Yup.

It's hardly a dumb response you've got imo, it's there to help prove that the guy has done something wrong but whatever...

It's not there to help... They're not going to do ANYTHING about it, because nobody has actually read, or "investigated" my claim. They didn't even read it.... You can write ANYTHING you want, and if you put the phrase "bad sport" ANYWHERE in the post, you will get an automated "We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the bad sport system." message from John C. or John B. or John A., etc, and they'll close your ticket without helping you.

What's worse, is that it took them nearly a month to send out an automated response....

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

Well, at least now I know that I can spend the money I was given without worrying about getting banned...

Just as well.  I've been spending mine for ages!  New apartment in Weazel Towers, 3 Adders, an Entity and a Feltzer all looking fine, always maxed out on ammo, a Buzzard and a tank.  I feel like buying the giant dump truck, just 'cos I can! :lol:

Yup.

It's not there to help... They're not going to do ANYTHING about it, because nobody has actually read, or "investigated" my claim. They didn't even read it.... You can write ANYTHING you want, and if you put the phrase "bad sport" ANYWHERE in the post, you will get an automated "We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the bad sport system." message from John C. or John B. or John A., etc, and they'll close your ticket without helping you.

What's worse, is that it took them nearly a month to send out an automated response....

How do you know they won't do anything and how do you know they didn't read it?  Do you know someone at R*?  Did they tell you that they didn't read it?  How many reports do you think they get daily on this issue?  They're not going to have some little old semi-retired lady sitting writing out personalised replies all day long!  It's a massive job for them to sift through all the complaints and it's bound to take a huge amout of time.  It's pointless bemoaning that you got an automated response?  I mean, what exactly did you expect them to do?

Just be thankful you've got a response from them!

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

I love how they ask for video proof like yea we all have video cameras strapped to our foreheads and can record on the fly.

Sometimes people will continuously cheat and it's quite easy to just follow them and record it, videos help a lot if a player appeals.

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

Sometimes people will continuously cheat and it's quite easy to just follow them and record it, videos help a lot if a player appeals.

Plus a lot of players film their gameplay and upload it to YouTube.  Could have happened whilst involved in such a task.

• Odesza likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:04 AM Edited by iFight, 09 January 2014 - 12:05 AM.

I hate when they ask for a video proof. It's not like pc, you can't use any software like fraps to capture. They could check it with their system, if you have the nickname of the suspicious cheater.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users