Quantcast

» «
Photo

Effects of Alcohol and Marijauna in game.

36 replies to this topic
Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

I created a support ticket as a suggestion for improvement which was asking for more realistic lasting effects of these substances, say 3 hours in game time instead of a few minutes. I know it's a minor thing, but I assume it's an easy enough amendment to the game and would really like to see a change. I would appreciate it if you guys could do the same and perhaps get some attention of Rockstar.

It's the least of their worries, and perhaps yours, but a guy can hope!

• WinterEdit, BaM BooZeLLed and Rayshotya like this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

I always find that I shoot better after a few beers and that I drive better after a bowl.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

And the point being ?

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

And the point being ?

Obviously you're not my target audience, but I think you could gather from "created a support ticket as a suggestion for improvement" that I think it would be an improvement.

• iJuanYouLost likes this

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

Why not just drink or smoke while playing?
  • EMAGDN1M and gn1992 like this

Rayshotya
  • Rayshotya

Lettin' off shots

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

And the point being ?

And your point being? Why do these people bother posting.

Like the idea man hadn't thought of that, although I did think the effects were a bit short lived.
  • iJuanYouLost likes this

Darkclox
  • Darkclox

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by Darkclox, 08 January 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Don't like this idea, only roleplayers drink Pisswaser. I only smoke my cigarette when I make a cool explosion.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by StewNorth, 08 January 2014 - 07:39 PM.

And the point being ?

Obviously you're not my target audience, but I think you could gather from "created a support ticket as a suggestion for improvement" that I think it would be an improvement.

It's a genuine question though. That the developers would ask themselves as well if they were to consider it.

How would that translate into gameplay ?

If it's purely fluff and serves no purpose other than "realism", then it probably would be difficult wanting to put any resources into it.

If it has purpose, then would it help or distract from the main experience ? Would it really fit in? Is it impactful enough to justify its addition? Etc...

I'm not bashing your idea, I'm just being critical. If you have a valid reason on how it could enhance the experience MORE than being a "realistic" improvement, then go for it. But from what you've said here, it doesn't seem to go much further than that.

And the point being ?

Like the idea man hadn't thought of that, although I did think the effects were a bit short lived.

It is a valid question. Maybe you should give posting a break if you are unable to see beyond your nose.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

The few lucky times I've jumped to Trevor and he is smoking the meth pipe in his trailer, that seems to be the longest lasting effect drug in the game.

And, I agree that the effects of alcohol/smoke should be longer lasting. If they really want people to try and possibly enjoy the novelty, why not make it a little more worthwhile ?
  • Biohazard Abyss, Barcodee, PandaLambpaws and 1 other like this

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

And the point being ?

It's a genuine question though. That the developers would ask themselves as well if they were to consider it.

If it's purely fluff and serves no purpose other than "realism", then it probably would be difficult wanting to put any resources into it.

If it has purpose, then would it help or distract from the main experience ? Would it really fit in? Is it impactful enough to justify its addition? Etc...

I'm not bashing your idea, I'm just being critical. If you have a valid reason on how it could enhance the experience MORE than being a "realistic" improvement, then go for it. But from what you've said here, it doesn't seem to go much further than that.

Experiencing the game world with these altered effects would make it entertaining/refreshing. Isn't that a reason people do these things to begin with? 3 hours in game time is still a short amount of time, it wouldn't be game breaking (unless the high effect is game breaking on ps3/360). It would add a level of immersion that appears to be an easy patch, that's all I'm saying.

• Rayshotya likes this

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

I always thought the drunk effect was much better in IV and RDR. Don't think my char has fallen over once while drunk in V. Would like the ability to fight while drunk too, would make those brawl deathmatches much more fun.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

And the point being ?

And the point being ?

It is a valid question. Maybe you should give posting a break if you are unable to see beyond your nose.
You're insane if you think it would take any significant resources to extend an already existing game animation. As well, the point is realism. Our characters must have some pretty extreme metabolic disorders to be eschewing the effects of drugs and alcohol so quickly.

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

I created a support ticket as a suggestion for improvement which was asking for more realistic lasting effects of these substances, say 3 hours in game time instead of a few minutes. I know it's a minor thing, but I assume it's an easy enough amendment to the game and would really like to see a change. I would appreciate it if you guys could do the same and perhaps get some attention of Rockstar.

It's the least of their worries, and perhaps yours, but a guy can hope!

Just do it in real life kid. You'll be alright.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

The few lucky times I've jumped to Trevor and he is smoking the meth pipe in his trailer, that seems to be the longest lasting effect drug in the game.

And, I agree that the effects of alcohol/smoke should be longer lasting. If they really want people to try and possibly enjoy the novelty, why not make it a little more worthwhile ?

"Hmm, I'm feeling kinda hungry..."

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

of all the things they could spend time on improving, you want to be high and drunk for longer?

F'K'N 'EH BRO' JUST GIV'R!

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

of all the things they could spend time on improving, you want to be high and drunk for longer?

F'K'N 'EH BRO' JUST GIV'R!

"It's the least of their worries, and perhaps yours, but a guy can hope!"

I guess you didn't read to completion. Anyway, could it really be more involved than changing a value to extend the time?

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

It'll never happen because Rockstar doesn't want to encourage that behavior (DUI).

And yes, I know this game lets you shoot people and run over prostitutes; but you're not going to do that anyways because you already know harming people is morally wrong. You're probably more inclined to drink and drive because you've done it in GTA successfully before without a scratch.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Ever chug a few Pisswasers at the screen before a race?  You take off going all over the road.  Guy behind me probably thought to himself "Is this guy drunk...!?".

lol.  Yeah--  he was.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

I always thought the drunk effect was much better in IV and RDR. Don't think my char has fallen over once while drunk in V. Would like the ability to fight while drunk too, would make those brawl deathmatches much more fun.

Yeah switching over to IV and seeing him fall over if you went to run made me laugh, it's quite stale in this game unfortunately.

Definitely improvements needed, it's not particularly flash.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

I thought the system would be upgraded and longer lasting than GTA IV

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Or you can go out with some friends ( considering you have any) and get all f*cked up IRL. And not give a f*ck about your pixels not being drunk.

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

It'll never happen because Rockstar doesn't want to encourage that behavior (DUI).

And yes, I know this game lets you shoot people and run over prostitutes; but you're not going to do that anyways because you already know harming people is morally wrong. You're probably more inclined to drink and drive because you've done it in GTA successfully before without a scratch.

This. There was an article about it as well right after the game launched, but the chances of me finding it on my phone while at work are slim to none. If someone has a link, it would be great.

Also, before someone says something, in states where some form of marijuana is legal, driving under the influence of it is a punishable crime. (Don't ask my opinion on the matter, lol)

Rayshotya
  • Rayshotya

Lettin' off shots

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:41 PM Edited by Rayshotya, 08 January 2014 - 09:45 PM.

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

Or you can go out with some friends ( considering you have any) and get all f*cked up IRL. And not give a f*ck about your pixels not being drunk.

f*ck what a lousy reply

HoneyBadger ESQ
  • HoneyBadger ESQ

We're Not Really Here

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Don't like this idea, only roleplayers drink Pisswaser. I only smoke my cigarette when I make a cool explosion.

So you only roleplay when you think it's cool?

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

f*ck what a lousy reply
:p

Rayshotya
  • Rayshotya

Lettin' off shots

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

And the point being ?

And the point being, is to enjoy playing with the effects of Alcohol and Marijuana in game.

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

And the point being ?

And the point being, is to enjoy playing with the effects of Alcohol and Marijuana in game.

I dont understand, your profile says you're 21,but you post like a 13 year old, that's too young to experiment with drugs in real life

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Then why bother letting us do it all?

Barcodee
  • Barcodee

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

This. There was an article about it as well right after the game launched, but the chances of me finding it on my phone while at work are slim to none. If someone has a link, it would be great.

Also, before someone says something, in states where some form of marijuana is legal, driving under the influence of it is a punishable crime. (Don't ask my opinion on the matter, lol)

Find it for us!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users