Things that can be done at the beginning

45 replies to this topic
Rocket Man FI
  • Rocket Man FI

Remember me?Well,I am not related with crack

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

I am so proud of you, Arsen V,It helped me very much in gta lcs,You have earned my respect
  • Arsen Vitiuk likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

I doubt it, but the percentage might be 50% with these extra 2 Hidden Packages, but unlikely.  If there was a way to get the final Hidden Package, more than likely the percentage could reach 50% when all is said and done and not 49%, but this includes StSBYF of course, all 12.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

No. Percentage is added for every 10 Packages collected, not for every single one, so even at 99/100 Hidden Packages the maximum percentage achievable will remain 49%. That is for certain.

If you are interested, I can describe you how gaining percentage works, for this particular game, and for every other game in the III era.
  • MetalMilitia89 likes this

Still Madd
  • Still Madd

GTA Player.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:44 PM

If you are interested, I can describe you how gaining percentage works, for this particular game, and for every other game in the III era.

That would be nice to hear, however, your guide seems pretty useful, keep it up!

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

http://gtaforums.com...discussion-ps2/

I made something just like this, but for VCS...

Of course it's buried underneath a bunch of other random run of the mill Topics, though... :D :p

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:10 AM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 18 July 2016 - 08:10 AM.

That topic is great. Request it to be pinned, it should be of no problem. Go on, do it.

As to how percentage works, I am going on a vacation until August 1, so I will make detailed topics upon my return, not sooner.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

Thanks, but I don't care if it's pinned or not, tbh.  I made the Topic to ask for help, but notice I was a one man show who helped himself by just finding out what can be done on my own and experimenting in the game myself.  It took very little time just to type up a small list, compared to my Special Vehicle Guides which are far from just any list, but Descriptions, Difficulty Ratings, and Videos, etc.  That's why those should be pinned, but I am not too worried over the Starter Save Topic for VCS.  It's buried on Page 2 of the VCS Section and it'll continue to get bumped down.

Anyways, looking forward to the percentage discussion, however, you said about in SA I would reach 13.91% when all was said and done, but I didn't.  I had 13.90% as I figured I would reach before finishing it a couple months back when you were offline for a while...I know the percents in SA are ~0.53% for each task, but I don't know III, VC, LCS, or VCS.  But since I typically do everything there is to do within each game and never just do a Story Missions Playthrough and call it a day, I always reach 100%.  As long as the percent isn't glitched, I am happy.  One time in LCS, I reached 100% WITHOUT doing The Sicilian Gambit (old Save, thankfully).  I also don't ever have to do Skywolf in VCS after Last Stand since it gives me 100% before doing it for some reason.  I don't want the percent being OVER 100% as that looks glitchy, lol...

err5
  • err5

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Some time ago I said:

I assume maximum money in the PS2 version is 99.999.999$ as you can see someone having that much in this video.
[...]
But after doing Bike Salesman I realized I got bonus money for every 5 bikes sold in a row - 2500$ for 5, 5000$ for 10, etc.
Now that the mission is over, I can sell any bike I want - as many of them as I want. So assuming you start with 0$, the idea is to sell 1410 Faggios (the easiest to sell) in a row. How do I know the number ? I created a spreadsheet that counts earnings depending on the number of bikes sold in a row, which you can download here. Let me know if I made a mistake in a formula.
The inspiration for this came from seeing edited PSP savegames with 999.999.999$ (try earning that much with my method :D), unobtainable vehicles, unobtainable weapons, etc.

Bad assumption, turns out the maximum I can get is actually 999.999.999$, which means I'll have to sell 4470 bikes in a row. PSP users are probably in a better situation since from what I can see the mission is radically easier for them.
I wanted to make sure there is an actual money limit so I don't get an overflow - so that the money does not reset to a negative number - so I played with memory editing. Money is represented as int32, meaning that it can hold values from −2.147.483.648 to 2.147.483.647 and the game sets the value to 999.999.999 if a bigger one is presented.
Example: I set my money amount to −2.147.483.648$:
AYgvKx6.png
This is the least I can have. If I somehow managed to get 1 dollar less, it would cause an underflow (the game only limits maximum money, not minimum), setting the value to 2.147.483.647 and the game would limit it to 999.999.999$. What's more interesting, a minus sign is represented by a dollar.

This won't affect my game by any means - after these tests I even closed the emulator and I'll return to a previous state (when I'm on the mission with 1410 bikes sold) as if nothing happened.

[...] I don't do StSBYF in the Starter Save since you are rewarded the H/BP/FP/PP/TP/EC/PC Landstalker and there would be no place to store it and bring it back to Portland. [...]

Now either I've completely gone insane or there was a thread (around 2013 ?) about using Love Media garage as a normal garage that can store vehicles. I recall there was something about getting close to the door, walking to the corner when the door and the wall with vehicle list meet, jamming the camera between the player and the door so it will force them to open (works in my case) and simply putting the vehicle - which in my case isn't repaired after closing and opening the door so the garage probably doesn't store anything. I can't find the thread by any means now. Does anyone have any clues about it ?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah, it's true.  The Meter on PSP for Bike Salesman as well as Car Salesman is pathetically easier.  It gets maxed a LOT quicker compared to PS2 and Mobile.

I never heard of that Garage as having any use or being able to use it to store this Landstalker.  But because of this issue, I don't really care to do the 12 Sights in the Starter Save since you're given one of the better Special Vehicles in the game.  a Landstalker in and of itself sucks ass, but the properties on it are pretty badass, especially after adding DP to it with the Crusher.  I didn't bother doing the first 11 Sights in the Starter Save, either, but I know I could if I wanted to.  I just don't really see a point since I'd need the H/WP/UH PCJ-600 and getting it involves adding Attempts to the Stats on my Versions and it won't add any percentage until all 12 are done, anyways.  Similar to the Car-azy Car Give Away.  I don't have the BF Injection, Hellenbach GT, or Thunder-Rodd despite being able to get the BF Injection and Hellenbach GT...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 4 weeks ago.

As I told you before, you can get a Hellenbach GT with ease, you just didn't pay attention before.

What you need is to start a "See The Sight Before Your Flight" mission, even if it costs you a Mission Attempt to get the PCJ-600. It doesn't matter since you're not going to complete anything. Just start the mission, then load any save including a Starter Save or even start a new game. When you get to Staunton Island any way, including the Crusher exploit, you will find that the Lift Bridge is operational, with the protesters standing below, before "Love On The Rocks" is completed. This way, you can cross the Lift Bridge as many times as you want.

This works all the time, and no matter how many times you reload, the bridge will work. However, resetting or turning off the console cancels this effect, and you would need to do it all again the next time you load up the game - even if you save after activating the bridge.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I usually just bring the Hellenbach GT at the time I pass "Driving Mr. Leone."  I pass the Mission, return to Portland for the Hidden Package on the Bridge (which err5 found how to obtain in the actual Starter Save) and before saving I get this Package, get the Thunder-Rodd, BF Injection, and Hellenbach GT from the Car Showroom from doing Car Salesman Side Mission, do the 2 Races in SI as well as Trash Dash and THEN I save.  Sometimes, I also do Avenging Angels Level 15 in SI before saving after Driving Mr. Leone, as well.  My best Save is 74 Safehouse Visits, which, imo, is still pretty high, but that's because of coming back to Portland after almost everything I did in SI and SSV to save the game before continuing with another task.  It's annoying constantly finding a random Vehicle a Hooker will get into (preferably a Kuruma since it's the easiest to drive down the Subway stairs while in Ghost form) and then making a Ghost and driving it through the Subway, especially to SSV.  You can run on foot to SI, but not SSV.  Doing this over and over takes time as well as if I fail a task in SI/SSV and need to reload to keep the Mission Attempts at a minimum.  I'll try it out one of these days for the Hellenbach GT, but I still don't see much of a reason to do it as all 3 of the Vehicles are found in Portland and very convenient to get them after Driving Mr. Leone.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I believe you missed the point. There is a Hellenbach GT parked in front of one of the mansions in Cedar Grove. That is why you need the Lift Bridge operational.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I didn't miss any point like you been suggesting the past few comments.  MY POINT is I don't see a reason to do small tasks like this that wouldn't increase the percentage when I can do them all in a row after Driving Mr. Leone.  48% is good enough.  When the final Hidden Package is obtainable in a Starter Save (if it ever will be) then I will go about getting the 3 Hidden Packages, thus increasing the percentage.  Until then, I can wait.  Thunder-Rodd will never be brought early, so I can also wait for the BF Injection and Hellenbach GT.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I get your point. On this, we agree to disagree. Sorry if I caused some offense.

In the meantime, I will redo the LCS Starter Save to include the formerly unobtainable Hidden Packages and BF Injection.
  • MetalMilitia89 and Rocket Man FI like this

err5
  • err5

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by err5, 2 weeks ago.

I inspected the area with the last package and still couldn't find a way to grab it. The screenshot below shows me staring at an invisible wall just in front of me.
wwZ9aOJ.png

It covers the whole building complex area's width so it's not possible to get inside without a no-clipping vehicle. This screenshot demonstrates hugging it (from the helicopter's left side).
CXmGLva.png

And the roof is also solid which means that my idea of jumping to another one with an incredible stunt and jumping into this one to grab the package while falling is bad.
uagukGe.png

Any other ideas ?

I never heard of that Garage as having any use or being able to use it to store this Landstalker. But because of this issue, I don't really care to do the 12 Sights in the Starter Save since you're given one of the better Special Vehicles in the game. a Landstalker in and of itself sucks ass, but the properties on it are pretty badass, especially after adding DP to it with the Crusher. I didn't bother doing the first 11 Sights in the Starter Save, either, but I know I could if I wanted to. I just don't really see a point since I'd need the H/WP/UH PCJ-600 and getting it involves adding Attempts to the Stats on my Versions and it won't add any percentage until all 12 are done, anyways. Similar to the Car-azy Car Give Away. I don't have the BF Injection, Hellenbach GT, or Thunder-Rodd despite being able to get the BF Injection and Hellenbach GT...

I don't agree with the necessity of using a heavy bike for doing this challenge; trust me that it is possible to visit every Portland sight and return with this technique. It won't be easy and still it's better to wait until more garages are unlocked.
I checked the Love Media garage and even after completing the import mission it still doesn't let me store anything. In fact then it doesn't even open at all. I also couldn't find the thread mentioning it after extensive search, so maybe it's better to assume all this was just my imagination.

Respect LCS Landstalkers, they look and handle much better then those in other classic GTA games. :)

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MetalMilitia89, A week ago.

Yeah, OrionSR is a member on this Forum and helps out in my SA Special Vehicle Guide on a more "technical level."  I've seen his LCS StSBYF runs a while back using a Boat and taking the PCJ-600 with him.  I understand doing this as a challenge, but like I said, it's a challenge that I am looking at more Cons than Pros.  If this added percentage, then damn straight I'd do it, but it's not, thus I find it better to wait, especially when most people forget that I am also trying to get a low Total Playing Time when I do Saves for ALL GTA's and not just LCS.  If and when that final Hidden Package is obtainable I'll get the final 3 I need in both my PS2 and iOS Starter Saves, thus something that will bump the percentage up.

Yeah, I never heard of anything like that with the Love Media Garage.  Probably a myth or something...

LCS Landstalker is better than III and VC Landstalker, but I still find it pretty bad.  Despite the StSBYF Reward Landstalker being TP, I can't roll it back on its wheels since it's Heavy :D :p  I rarely drive it around since it tips over way too easy.  VCS is the same way...To me, the Landstalker is still bad in SA, LCS, and VCS, but it's at an all time bad in III and VC.

I am completely out of ideas for that Hidden Package.  I think it just can't be done.  Similar to the ONE Stunt Jump in a VC Starter Save.  It just can't be done early...

q0OAgFV.jpg?1

YCcJ35v.png

Here is my PS2 and iOS Starter Saves I did @ 48%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users