Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should GTA online contain CnR?

68 replies to this topic

Poll: Should GTA online contain CnR? (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Should it contain CnR?

1. Yes of course! (52 votes [85.25%])

Percentage of vote: 85.25%

2. No it'll suck! (9 votes [14.75%])

Percentage of vote: 14.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Again, you could never get a government job because your character is a murderer. It's not realistic. This is a matter of the characters role. They do have an identity. They have contacts who know them and hire them for help. It would make no sense if the government hired you.

Frank Tenpenny says helllooooooo sailor.

Not everyone plays like you do, nor does everyone necessarily go on Cop-killing rampages. But that doesn't matter too much; there's already a lot of suspension of disbelief in Online, especially so with the cops. You can happily go on as many rampages as you like and, timer willing, give Lester a buzz to get the heat off your back. 

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

PAYLOAD Ringleader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Again, you could never get a government job. It's not realistic. This is a matter of the characters role. They do have an identity. They have contacts who know them and hire them for help. It would make no sense if the government hired you because YOU ARE A MURDERER. They do extensive background checks for government jobs.

Is there a reason for being "realistic"? It's a game. Full of characters with no backstory. Who cares what they did before the game...it's doesn't matter. Choosing to be an agent of the law would simply be a matter of "yes" or "no", the player's moral code has nothing to do with it. This is specifically a gameplay element, nothing to do with story whatsover. Do I care why someone is a cop? Nope. Do I care how they became one? Nope.

Stop trying to sound logical, because you're only succeeding in making yourself sound like a snarky know it all instead.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

this mode would fall under the bunch of team based stuff that struggle to get any attention...

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

If you guys don't want to understand the story, that's fine. I'm only saying this will never happen because Rockstar is fitting the online player into the story, and they would see it as unrealistic. You can either understand it, or ignore it. Whatever.

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

If you guys don't want to understand the story, that's fine. I'm only saying this will never happen because Rockstar is fitting the online player into the story, and they would see it as unrealistic. You can either understand it, or ignore it. Whatever.

And what story is this? How does it apply to my character?

Because the way I see it, the story is, at it's essence, a person (gender of your choice) who gets off the plane in Los Santos with literally no background except that they've met Lamar online, and you are looking to make a name and money for yourself.

If you are implying that Rockstar are trying to fit in with a sense of continuity with the events of Story mode, then they are doing a poor job of just that. 

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Your character works for the various characters in the story, that's how it applies.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:06 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 08 January 2014 - 06:09 PM.

The online character arrives before single player takes place. Trevor lives in Sandy Shores, and Franklin still works for Simion (or doesn't even work for him yet). The jobs you do for all of the NPC contacts require killing, and that blood on your hands who come up in a government background check. All your jobs in GTA online are off the books because you are a criminal for hire.

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

The online character arrives before single player takes place. Trevor lives in Sandy Shores, and Franklin still works for Simion. The jobs you do for all of the NPC contacts require killing, and that blood on your hands who come up in a government background check. All your jobs in GTA online are off the books because you are a criminal for hire.

Did you not read my post? Clearly I am aware of when it takes place. None of what else you listed matters either, for reasons I've already detailed.

Go on a killing spree. Give Uncle Lester a call, remove that heat. Walk into Police Station. Nothing happens. Suspension of disbelief is already strong on this game; what's one more little thing?

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Rockstar is fitting the online player into the story, and they would see it as unrealistic.

Oh yeah, they are doing that aren't they.  I forgot the part where the city had been in a constant state of war for four months during the one month prior to the story.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:16 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 08 January 2014 - 06:28 PM.

There is a huge difference between being seen and being hired. In fact, none of the GTA characters have ever held a government job because they are criminals. They can't pass a background check.

Rockstar is fitting the online player into the story, and they would see it as unrealistic.

Oh yeah, they are doing that aren't they.  I forgot the part where the city had been in a constant state of war for four months during the one month prior to the story.

There was no history given at all, but Los Santos is supposed to be a very dangerous city.

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

There is a huge difference between being seen and being hired. In fact, none of the GTA characters have ever held a government job because they are criminals. They can't pass a background check.

Yeah, guy. If I just killed dozens of police, you can bet your bottom dollar I wouldn't be able to waltz into a police station in the same attire I did the deed in and expect to be okay. Hell, in the 'real world', since realism is being bounced around, a criminal with those kinds of deeds wouldn't be casually walking or driving around the city where they just committed a massacre in because their picture is going to get circulated anyway.

So, phooey, I say.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:20 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 08 January 2014 - 06:26 PM.

We can also run red lights...

Gameplay and story are different.

Correcting what I said before, Victor Vance was kicked out of the army.

RedDrifter
  • RedDrifter

Noobs will be owned

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Well there should be another side... Rockstar should think about this seriously... I'm sure most of the people would like that.... The current criminal system is plane and boring and it would add a lot of fun

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 08 January 2014 - 06:46 PM.

We can also run red lights...

Gameplay and story are different.

I'm not entirely convinced you understand the meaning of that phrase, but I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here. Moving along;

Why are you okay with the player being able to waltz into a police station and have nothing happen, despite going on a killing rampage previously because *gameplay*, but not the player being able to get around a background check because *gameplay*.

And again, you are the one who cited realism* on this matter. Why is it okay for this idea to be treated with a dose of realism but not our other dealings with the police? Or to put it another way, why can you suspend your disbelief for the scenario I proposed, but not for the idea?

*As an aside,the term 'plausibility' works infinitely better than realism in these sorts of debates.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:50 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 08 January 2014 - 06:51 PM.

Well, maybe they don't ID you at the station, but they sure don't know you at the military base. Anyways, you have my idea for why they won't do it. I don't care if they give us cop outfits and make cop missions. I'm just saying they won't.

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

There is nothing stopping you working for the cops though. 

That is not against story of you and your character. 

Easy.

Team 1 cop  hired undercover team

Team 2 thugs mafia or whatever. 

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 08 January 2014 - 06:56 PM.

There is already a versus mission where one team is the crooked cops. They just don't wear a uniform.

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Well, maybe they don't ID you at the station, but they sure don't know you at the military base. Anyways, you have my idea for why they won't do it. I don't care if they give us cop outfits and make cop missions. I'm just saying they won't.

It is one of a number of "Nothing to lose, everything to gain" ideas I've seen floating about. Will they implement it? Probably not, admittedly. They are already having a hard enough time making good on launch stuff, let alone additional content at this point. 

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

Why not? Everyone loved it before.

RedDrifter
  • RedDrifter

Noobs will be owned

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:48 PM Edited by RedDrifter, 08 January 2014 - 07:49 PM.

I didn't lose anything by making this topic and hopefully Rockstar do listen because according to the poll so far by far everyone wants it to happen

RedDrifter
  • RedDrifter

Noobs will be owned

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

Bump

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

Sorry for posting again, but I think I misinterpreted the thread in my first post. 

By Cops N' Robbers, do you mean it being in free-mode? Or a separate lobby for it?

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

Cops and Robbers as a job? Why not?

RedDrifter
  • RedDrifter

Noobs will be owned

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Bump

Gr33dyMoney
  • Gr33dyMoney

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

As said from the title, do you guys think CnR should be included in GTA online? For those who don't know what CnR means it means Cops N' Robbers... I think it'd make GTA by far more better then it is now... Police groups maybe even Military groups and less of bullsh*t NPC cops running around! Bounties tickets and maybe even roadblocks! Doesn't it sound fun?

Disscuss!

^^^Dude dont even know wat hes talking about..

Its CnC which means Cops & Crooks. 

It was in GTA IV

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

I expected it to be a part of free roam. I expect nothing now. All my chips are in Fallout 4 and hoping they'll have vehicles.

Don't you mean "All my caps?"

You, good sir or ma'am, have won a cookie! :D

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

YES. It still won't hold a candle to CrazyBob's tho

Gr33dyMoney
  • Gr33dyMoney

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

Bump

and stop "bumping" your own thread

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Carrots n Radishes?

Sweet, I can't wait for this Farming DLC.

Hope there's a working combine harvester and an egg-collecting mini-game.

RedDrifter
  • RedDrifter

Noobs will be owned

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Bump

and stop "bumping" your own thread

Thread got to third page, I will bump it as much as I want and you have nothing to say about that sir.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users