Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

it happened to me earlier......

I had a mugger pull out a tank operator,

so naturally I approached the tank in a vehicle to retrieve it,

I was going too fast and was about to hit the tank,

you know *BOOM*

so I hit the brakes, my car came to sliding stop (a cheetah for specifics)

slightly catching under the front side of the tank

and all of a sudden I am 200 feet in the air flipping like crazy,

across the other side of the freeway.....

I didn't go back to test this out again,

has this happened to anyone else?

1CrazyFool
  • 1CrazyFool

More Than Mortal

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Sounds a bit like the flying car gate glitch, that's great fun. Cars can get caught and flipped on things sometimes. It's not happened to me with a tank but once I drove my entity at full pace head on into a fire truck being driven by a friend straight at me. Just at the point of contact I jumped out the car and my character was catapulted about 1000ft into the air and I parachuted down. That was fun, only happened the once.

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

What about wall breach falling in the nothingness below the map.

My record and first time it went on almost forever. Until I got tired and got out of the car.

I have 26 flips in one jump and 69 barrel rolls. When I spawned on the map I was all the way by my.chilliad

I'm going to try again.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

i was trying the gate catapult last night and man thats hard to do,,, me and my mate spent about 45 mins, only got 1 decent launch and 3 "5 story high" launches...

1CrazyFool
  • 1CrazyFool

More Than Mortal

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

i was trying the gate catapult last night and man thats hard to do,,, me and my mate spent about 45 mins, only got 1 decent launch and 3 "5 story high" launches...

Try looking on youtube for the tutorial video, I cant remember the exact name now. He said he was trying for 4 or 5 hours! The best house to use I found was the one in that video where you can line the car up to the right of a tree and aim the left front wheel at the gatepost.

1st time I was trying for like 20mins with a friend in the car and only got 1 good launch then after he left I just got the knack and 4 or 5 in a row, it was brilliant!. Can do it with another person in as well now but it's harder than with no passenger. I use Entity for it.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Try looking on youtube for the tutorial video, I cant remember the exact name now. He said he was trying for 4 or 5 hours! The best house to use I found was the one in that video where you can line the car up to the right of a tree and aim the left front wheel at the gatepost.

1st time I was trying for like 20mins with a friend in the car and only got 1 good launch then after he left I just got the knack and 4 or 5 in a row, it was brilliant!. Can do it with another person in as well now but it's harder than with no passenger. I use Entity for it.

yup ive seen the video a few times but theres no "exact science" to it... we did find that ramming the gate as it was opening/closing made it start glitching a bit more

was really frustrating for my mate as he didnt get a good launch... i got 1 really decent one after 10 mins of trying, just as the car started to fall back down. bailed out to freefall.. pull my chute at the last second and landed next to the flaming wreck of a sentinel that id jsut jumped out of.... needless to say my mate wanted to look as cool as me... failed.. Muhahahaha

ill be trying it again soon but thats the exact spot we were using, as well as the house just south of michaels...

ps sorry to the op for slight hijack.. back to tank launches,,, im gonna try this too lol

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 08 January 2014 - 05:02 PM.

i've been catapulted by driving into the train

got stuck underneath and it threw me away with great speed

did hit something so I didn't get a whole lot of distance

and I did get my car stuck under the train untill it exploded as well

but the train can launch you pretty fast as well

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

I was trying the gate glitch last night, without any luck.  I'd only been trying for about 15 minutes when some guy started hanging round and getting in the way, sitting in front or behind me and honking his horn like we were boyfriends.  It just bored me so I killed him and flew round in a Lazer for a while instead.  I might try again later, but I don't know what I was doing wrong so not sure what to do about it to make it right.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

i was in my tank when i fire truck comes around the corner and sprays me with water. no big deal right?

not with this magic fire truck. as soon as the water hit my tank i start doing flips in the air and land upside down.

thats also the first time an npc controlled fire truck attacked my tank.

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

you can do this with the barracks too. Drive the tank into the barracks, slowly, with the barrel placed inside the covered seating area of the barracks (it's a fight to not say 'put the barrel in the rear'.. oh.). The barracks will explode, but the tank will go flying. 

EMAGDN1M
  • EMAGDN1M

trust blocks creep

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

we should do this red, soon

you can do this with the barracks too. Drive the tank into the barracks, slowly, with the barrel placed inside the covered seating area of the barracks (it's a fight to not say 'put the barrel in the rear'.. oh.). The barracks will explode, but the tank will go flying. 

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

I'm leaving work at 4:30 and should be home by 5ish tonight. I'll be on, and have both  :cool:

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

the cars can get catapulted near the driveway gates, havent tried it with tanks yet but thats how some people were getting top speeds in tanks on their character. 10000mph or something like that.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

We have played w this quite a bit, I have a picture somewhere...

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

the cars can get catapulted near the driveway gates, havent tried it with tanks yet but thats how some people were getting top speeds in tanks on their character. 10000mph or something like that.

61,496.21 mph is my top speed now because of the tank launch glitch lol. It didn't even happen on purpose, I was trying to drive my ordered tank out of the police station with a 4 star wanted level and suddenly I was flying.

anybodykilla
  • anybodykilla

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:23 AM

ima have to test that gate glitch,

after i found out how i did the tank one....

i know the mugger was driving it before it happened,

someone out there test it as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users