Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you join crews consisting of people you don't know?

53 replies to this topic
Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:59 AM Edited by Bongsquirrel, 08 January 2014 - 10:33 AM.

I have 48 people in my crew and know only one of them in real life.

But i consider some of our members as friends even if i never met them

utb1528
  • utb1528

SRS Inc. Lt.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

no

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

Do you think I should join this crew? I don't know anyone from this crew IRL, but the emblem is beautiful... TBH I want to join this crew just because of the emblem...

http://socialclub.ro...o_416/hierarchy

So do you think it's worth it and do you think people from this crew know each other IRL?

Is anyone on this forum capable of thinking for themselves??

i don't know. you tell me...
  • OurJud and SFBryan18 like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:11 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 08 January 2014 - 10:14 AM.

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Pelican_zpsa5eb

• OurJud likes this

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

Being antisocial, I can't imagine much worse than being forced to play with strangers who feel they have some kind of connection to you. How the hell do you know you've not joined the nonce brigade anyway? Best avoided, in my opinion.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

I join a crew because I don't know many people that play video games anymore. (I'm older)

there's about 80 in the crew, & I've "met" about 20 of them. so far I've enjoyed playing with the ones I've "met." we communicate through the RGSC, or in-game texts, or mics.

before you join a crew you should read their feed on the Social Club & see if they play together. joining the crew saved GTAO for me.

don't be shy, & don't eat yellow snow.

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

The Futo drift crew I'm in is at about 60 members give or take. About 6 of them are friends IRL, one is my roommate. I play with half of them and up to 10 other members at any given time. The members I don't know IRL, there's probably 20 that I've interacted with and maybe 15 or so rotate on and offline and in/out of my game or party on any given day.

It's really a matter of finding people you get along with.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

Little tweeners and squeakers shouldn't join crew with members driving vans and offering candy

Or believe that hot female is really interested in your pimply little ass because that sexy chick without a mic is really a far ass old fart eating cherries beating it in his moms basement ya know!

deanstroyer
  • deanstroyer

West Side White Boy

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

i joined a crew full of english /british guys and im canadian eh. i didnt have many friends that played so i wanted a crew,  but now i have made lots of friends through GTAO that play all the time, so i dropped my crew

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

I've joined 4 random crews....just so I could have the custom smoke haha. Buy the smoke, leave the crew.
  • huckmonkey likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Yeah. I've joined GTAForums' Crew already, and I don't know basically no one from here to be in there. Could be due to the fact that not many really put the same name as in these forums, lol.

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

I probably should. No one in my super small crew of people I know even plays anymore. I generally don't play with a mic though, so I haven't bothered as of yet because that some people seem to be a stickler about using a mic.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

Perhaps join a crew that's in your real-life local area. You never know if you may be meeting someone your own age and who lives nearby. Just saying. ;)

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Do you think I should join this crew? I don't know anyone from this crew IRL, but the emblem is beautiful... TBH I want to join this crew just because of the emblem...

So do you think it's worth it and do you think people from this crew know each other IRL?

Dude, do it.

I join random crews every time (via the Social Club). Only reason I join is because of the emblem, I don't speak to anyone in my crew. 

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

None of my crew mates I know IRL, but they're all badasses and great people.

This^^^

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Kind of why I joined a second, I started mine day one and kind of get tired of same players. Part of fun is meeting others.

I probably should. No one in my super small crew of people I know even plays anymore. I generally don't play with a mic though, so I haven't bothered as of yet because that some people seem to be a stickler about using a mic.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

[quote name="October'sVeryOwn" post="1064472402" timestamp="1389162420"]

So do you think it's worth it and do you think people from this crew know each other IRL?[/quote

Just join it and find out. It isn't the end of the world. If you don't like it, join another. Im in 2 crews plus have my own. My crew (Los Santos War Mongers) has 17 members, mostly friends. We are a tight crew. Crew is open but we mostly invite people we hang with, so we have a core few that everything happens around. I only know one member IRL. One of the members also knows a couple of the members IRL. Thats how they got in. Usually people just stumble across people they enjoy hanging with online and join that persons crew. It all depends on the crew, the crew size, and how it functions. A crew that large is probably fine to just join. Smaller crews nay be a little more close knitt. Don't be shy. Just get in there and find out.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Unless your the type that would buy a car based on the color or vote on a candidate due to his clothing style I wouldnt join a crew because of an emblem. You should think about how you like to play the game and then look through the recruiting section for an active crew that has similar interests. Anything else would be dumb and unless your like 12 or a female not wanting attention I wouldnt worry about not knowing them in real life. Most of us dont know each other.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

i joined a crew full of english /british guys and im canadian eh. i didnt have many friends that played so i wanted a crew,  but now i have made lots of friends through GTAO that play all the time, so i dropped my crew

If you have lots of friends, maybe you should make a crew and benefit from the rewards...

SpookyBizzle
  • SpookyBizzle

Realest Vampire Out.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

No don't join his crew he obviously likes drake that could be a sign that he wants to tickle your bootyhole with his tongue.

• Coin likes this

meatrocket8
  • meatrocket8

A bit silly

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

I thought this game was fun until I found the right crew, then it became even more fun.

To answer your question OP I don't know any of them in real life.

I had tried other crews before & ended up getting shot by my crewmates so I just left anyway.

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

I know my crewmates IRL. Then again, I only have 2 people in my crew :D I did join a crew from a random invite but I never play with them and don't know any of them. 

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

I made my own crew so I get grouped with friends. f*ck crews. I want posses back.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

depends on first impressions

i joined a crew recently 'cause the owner/members were funny as f*ck and pretty laid back

i wouldnt join a crew full of dumb teenage videogame thugs and nerds that think they're cool 'cause they shout "U MAD? YOLO SWAG 420" over the mic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users