Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

CRICKET!

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Swimming. Became into swimming when I continued to enroll at swimming lessons when I was like 8 years old, and now I'm still gonna practice for our intramurals.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by Max., 08 January 2014 - 02:27 PM.

Like all young British boys, I grew up playing football, rugby and cricket.

I just leart from my history class that Brits were taught in Eton and then defeated Bonaparte in the Battle of Waterloo. It is cool that Brits are one of the most well-disciplined people in the world.

And just like any Indian, I grew in the arms of street cricket. I even play Crickt 07 in my computer. So yeah, coming to my next favorite sport: Videogames. :p

Ha, that is very much a jingoistic myth and I am amused that that is what the accepted historical fact in India. It probably stems from Henry Newbolt's 1892 poem 'Vitaï Lampada' and the British establishment. But I can promise you that the vast majority of men at the Battle of Waterloo would not have been allowed within 5 miles of Eton, let alone educated there. Although I do believe sport is an integral part of our national character.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Football has always been my best sport, although it's not like I'm amazing at it. I'm just less sh*t at it then all the other sports. Played a lot of rugby and cricket at school too, although only in P.E. it's not like I'd play for the school team for either of those sports, or play them at break/lunch time. When it came to cricket I'd always be one of those lazy glory hunting c*nts that would shirk their fielding and bowling responsibilities, but try their hardest when it came to batting. 

MrSarif
  • MrSarif

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

I played a bit of jai-alai back during its zenith. Lately i've been hard pressed to find a fronton within driving distance.

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Marching band. It's a sport. That sh*t is more intense than any 5k I've ever run.

Otherwise, probably soccer. I stopped playing because of an issue with my ankle, which sucks because it was something I really enjoyed.  Then I just got into music, and now I just run and swim for my own enjoyment and fitness. 

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

None, as I'm home-schooled and "Sports" isn't really one of the activities you do in Home-schooling, so I'm pretty much in the house all day.

I've never even played football, I've played a bit of basketball by myself though..

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

Gymnastics. 

Which is funny, because I was always a chubby kid who had a massive growth spurt early on and was awkward in my body for a while. Looked like I was on steroids. And gymnasts are usually associated with being slim and lithe and toned, which I in no way was.

But, I'd been taking dance classes since I was 3, so had a good idea of rhythm and was very flexible. It crossed over in some areas, which I carried through to gym class.

I mean, if we wanted to label dance as a sport, then I'd go with that, but gymnastics is the closest I come.

I was not a sporty kid. At all.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I only played soccer and cricket for fun. I was never part of a team in school or whatever; only played it with friends in my spare time. I never mastered the art of bowling lol, but I was good at batting I reckon.

Tennis, on the other hand... I was a legend! I swear if I continued with that I would've kicked Nadal's ass today. Or Djokovic and especially Murray! I honestly don't know why I stopped, but I did, about halfway through high school. Haven't played tennis since. My old coach is pretty well known in SA tennis circles today, and I've seen him a couple of times at Wimbledon where he was the coach of some junior players. I regret quitting; one of those stupid, stupid mistakes... Ah well...

Other than that, I've also been cycling and swimming for as long as I can remember. Mostly as hobbies, but also for fitness. Still doing both today...

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

I sucked at all of them except for basketball and volleyball, I was actually okay at those. I've never been a sporty person as I loathed gym class and hated playing sports in high school.

I still don't like playing sports, and I'm well aware that I'm in the small minority that gets zero enjoyment out of them.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 08 January 2014 - 07:37 PM.

I suck at sports lol I used to do boxing when I was in high school, but it was 99% training, I only had one fight before having to quit because of harder classes sophomore year and got my ass kicked lol I was also pretty good at football I guess, but that's because of all the training in boxing made me pretty buff.

Now the only things you're good at are sitting by the pool and day time drinking I suppose?

A few weeks ago, yeah. But then my psychotic best friend shows up out of nowhere to torture me over mistakes I made over a decade ago.

• Failure, RiaJay21 and gn1992 like this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

Swimming. It took me a while to learn to swim properly but for the last 5 years I've been going to swim twice a week. My trainer always wants me to compete but I know I am far too old for it and I hate the competition aspect of swimming ever since childhood. For reference even with my awful start and slow turn I can do 50m breaststroke in a 25m pool in around 51 seconds.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Like a true Canadian... ice hockey. Pretty good at golf as well.

• Kalvin likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Video gaming if that counts.

I was never big into sports. Everyone I know in real life seems to be obsessed with football, but I never saw the appeal of it.

• 018361 likes this

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

I was never really into sports. That is probably why i'm extremely overweight.  :cry: ( goes away to cry over an old wound left open )

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

I love playing all sports casually with friends like cricket, tennis, soccer and basketball but the only sport i'm actually good at and played competitively for a team is rugby league.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

I swam for my high school's swim team for the past four years. I was the breast stroker & freestyle guy. It was alright.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

None, as I'm home-schooled and "Sports" isn't really one of the activities you do in Home-schooling, so I'm pretty much in the house all day.

I've never even played football, I've played a bit of basketball by myself though..

Looks like Kalvin is the Bubble Boy.

bubble_boy_2-7543792.jpg

Football/soccer was the sport I did best at, however I stopped playing it when I was 15.

• universetwisters likes this

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

Baseball.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

What about Lacrosse?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

What about Lacrosse?

You have to drive a jeep and wear popped collar tennis shirts to be good at Lacrosse.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

I used to play in this team when i was a kid. I was in Foward Left position in this team:

logo-web.png

I always loved the jersey colors (Not me in the photo)...

imagenes24519a.JPG

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

I was probably best at [American] football.  Played for a good 6 years.

mefootball.jpg

Wrestling would have been my next best and next favorite.  Thank goodness I don't have an old picture of me in a singlet to include. :panic:

I also played baseball for a bunch of years too, but I wasn't really into it.  My dad is one of those sports dads so I 'had' to play baseball.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:08 AM

mefootball.jpg

Is it just me, or does every single family photo from the 70s have some kind of reddish tint?

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

mefootball.jpg

Is it just me, or does every single family photo from the 70s have some kind of reddish tint?

Even their cameras had rose-tinted glasses on.

• universetwisters likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

mefootball.jpg

Even their cameras had rose-tinted glasses on.

Hipsters would die for one.

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:00 AM

Sorry for the bump but I just wanted to post this out there

Currently I'm pretty good at anything that we do in P.E class, so like dodge ball ( I own this at school ), track and field ( especially short track running ), and other stuff like hand ball.

I don't know if longboarding and skateboarding are considered sports but I don't care, I'll consider them as sports anyways. Back in the days before I left to Japan I was pretty good at skateboarding, like I was able to do most of the basic and intermediate tricks. But after I came back I forgot how to do most of them since I was away for 2 years and I couldn't practice doing the tricks because there wasn't any skate parks. Now I'm longboarding and I'm getting better each month, like going down more steeper hills and doing tricks.

Also, the days before I left to japan I was good at playing hockey. I was playing games every week at least 3 times per week with practice every morning. It was also the first time I was hospitalized with a serious head injury and that's why if you try talking to me In person I sometimes have trouble speaking properly. Like I would have a bit of a hard time comprehending words and sometimes I would make no sense at all. But, after I came back from japan I'm not that good as before but I can still play better than some people.

When I was in Japan I wanted to do something since I had to quit many sports in Canada, so I started playing baseball there. Like I wasn't that good at it since I was still new to the whole sport but I was getting better and by the time I was leaving back to Canada I was pretty good at it. I would usually play in the outfield regards side and I could throw pretty good too. But when I got back from Japan, I was just too lazy to continue it here since I just wanted to rest and not do anything physical anymore. But I can still bat, catch, and throw like I did before back in Japan.

But yea, I'm currently good at anything we do in P.E class, Longboarding, Hockey, and Baseball.

Inverted-Penguin
  • Inverted-Penguin

The respectful One

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

I was a very good sprinter and long distance runner at school! Also, a very good swimmer! 

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

A real, talking rabbit!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

I can play a mean pickleball game.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

I was a really good at cycling one time I rode my bicycle up the east side of vail pass in 10 minuets then the same day I went down the west side and climbed the west side in 22 minuets I was exhausted but it was a good exhausted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users