Photo

What sport did you do best at?

67 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:13 AM Edited by Crazyeighties, 11 January 2014 - 03:21 AM.

What sports were you good at when you were younger? For me when I was growing up
I really enjoyed cycling (Both road and mountain)

When I was 13 I started to race on a cycling team I was able to ride up the west side of vail pass in under a half hour (it's a very tough ride) I also did rode up an over Swan pass in under a hour... I was sooooo tired after the Swan pass ride

Keep in mind that there are all types of sports I did not want to do football or baseball so I decided to ride a bicycle..

Keep in mind sports that are not "mainstream"

Swimming
Running
Kayaking ext
Bowling
Skating
Skateboarding
Skiing,
snowboarding. These are just a few examples of sports some people do

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

fkyou

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:25 AM Edited by EphemeralStar, 08 January 2014 - 05:18 AM.

When I was younger? I'm still great at sports. Especially football(american), dodgeball(yes I'm counting this), and badminton. I owned at all of those in highschool. The only sport thing I do now is surf though, gonna go snowboarding real soon too. I also enjoy cycling as well. 
Edit: I also love swimming and rollerblading. 

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

One day my plane leaves

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

If it counts as a sport, I was pretty sweet at hacky sack aka footbag. Had so much fun playing that in high school during lunch, those were the days.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I'd frame that.

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Football. I would like to say it was based solely on my agility, but a large part of why I rarely got hit when I had the ball was because I knew if I did, i'd get seriously hurt because of my small stature. I was always playing with people at least twice my size, so if I had the ball it was either score a touchdown, or run out of bounds.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

I excelled in football and senior year, I gave it up to focus on helping my family and their financial issues and eventually signed up for the military. Not something I truly regret but I do think back on many occasions on what may have happened if I stuck with it.

I played football (American) since I was around 7yrs old. I remember it like it was yesterday. I even got Homecoming King when I was around 9 with a family friend's daughter Mandy as the Homecoming Queen. Her and I dated later on in life but it didn't last, she's more like a sister. I hate topics like this because it makes you relive your past.. I miss the good days, really do.

• Failure likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

Nothing really. I was pretty average at everything that I tried... football, cricket, swimming and badminton. Never took sports seriously though. I was more of a couch sportsman but I sucked at them videogames too. :p

• Scaglietti likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

I used to play basketball in 93/94 when in primary school. I started to lose my way when in high school though. I also used to play indoor soccer.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

I played football (American) and basketball a bit when I was younger. I got to be pretty decent at both.

ShadowElektro
  • ShadowElektro

Damn Dude.

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

I'd say that dodgeball was the sport I did the best at, nobody could throw a ball at me.

• EphemeralStar likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

I suck at sports lol I used to do boxing when I was in high school, but it was 99% training, I only had one fight before having to quit because of harder classes sophomore year and got my ass kicked lol I was also pretty good at football I guess, but that's because of all the training in boxing made me pretty buff.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:45 AM Edited by headmetalbanger, 08 January 2014 - 07:45 AM.

Cycling, roller-skating, walking or running.

Interested too in basketball, swimming, mountaineering and others later.

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:40 AM Edited by Rewas514, 08 January 2014 - 10:40 AM.

I suck at all sports, except Bowling.. I guess I'm also good at running.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

I suck at sports lol I used to do boxing when I was in high school, but it was 99% training, I only had one fight before having to quit because of harder classes sophomore year and got my ass kicked lol I was also pretty good at football I guess, but that's because of all the training in boxing made me pretty buff.

Now the only things you're good at are sitting by the pool and day time drinking I suppose?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

I was really good at football, unfortunately no one noticed it except my coach, which made me run box-to-box all day and if anything went wrong he'd blame me, so I quit. Out of the three years I played football, we were champions three times though.

I wouldn't consider myself good at skateboarding, but I did some high-end tricks, mainly by just being an idiot daredevil and I landed them pretty often, but if you ask me to do a varial kickflip, I wouldn't be able to pull it off.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

Esku Pilota. I should have continued with it.

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

NL Holdem

• WBaker likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Bowled really well in cricket, was age champion for running 3 years in a row and happen to be pretty good at touch football...none of which i do anymore :p

dice
  • dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by dice, 08 January 2014 - 11:22 AM.

I hate it how smoking affected my stamina and now I can't enjoy playing my favourite sports like I used to, because I lose my breath way to fast. Uni life didn't help much either

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Original Gangster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Sounds interesting. What's that?

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Video gaming...

Oh an actual sport?
Javelin throwing. Best in class in that sport.

Actually represented my school in that in some contest once.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Sounds interesting. What's that?

The ball used is very hard, they have to wear protections in the hands and even so their hands with the time get deformed.

PELOTA+VASCA+04.jpg

• D- Ice and PulpFiction like this

ABosno
  • ABosno

AB0333, previously

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Well, I had luck to grow up in a beautiful, flat suburb. My family has a small house there we moved in in 2005. We lived there until I went to high school in 2011 because of transportation reasons (far from school), but turned out it would be almost same if we stayed there. We live in a flat now, and only on summer we go back to suburb.

Anyways, it's a great place for cycling, jogging and anything else. Me and my brother used to cycle at least about 14 km a day, from home to Spring of Bosna river, which is heaven on the Earth. We'd cycle there, then sit on a bench, screw around and then go back. We sometimes used to sit 2 hours there, doing nothing but chat and enjoy the nature.

This is an alley that leads to springs:

vrelo-bosne-aleja-11.jpg?w=1024

And this is it, Vrelo Bosne:

Vrelo-Bosne1.jpg

Bridge_on_Vrelo_Bosne.jpg?itok=t0X69oQS

Priceless.

• gn1992 likes this

Failure
  • Failure

Stay solid, man; you're a good lad.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

I excelled in football and senior year, I gave it up to focus on helping my family and their financial issues and eventually signed up for the military. Not something I truly regret but I do think back on many occasions on what may have happened if I stuck with it.

I played football (American) since I was around 7yrs old. I remember it like it was yesterday. I even got Homecoming King when I was around 9 with a family friend's daughter Mandy as the Homecoming Queen. Her and I dated later on in life but it didn't last, she's more like a sister. I hate topics like this because it makes you relive your past.. I miss the good days, really do.

Damn man, now you're making me nostalgic.

Used to play rugby and football back when I was in secondary school. I wasn't particularly good, but I developed early so my size/build was an advantage in rugby especially. Rugby was great fun, but as soon as the team started getting good we had to stop playing to the GCSEs, then we all went to different schools and went our separate ways. Sad to say I've never played since.

Playing football with my mates at break times are some of the best memories I have, and, like GunWrath says above, I miss those days.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

I'd have to say NL Texas hold em as well. I haven't played in a few years though. It's a fun way to make a bit of cash while enjoying a drink.
  • gn1992 likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'd have to say NL Texas hold em as well. I haven't played in a few years though. It's a fun way to make a bit of cash while enjoying a drink.

Did you play online?

I'm currently playing at Pokerstars and Tower Torneos

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

@Gnad

I played online at pokerstars when it was still legal to do that in the US.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

Like all young British boys, I grew up playing football, rugby and cricket.

I still love all these sports and play football and rugby around 6 times a week in total at university. I absolutely love exercise, keeping fit and testing my body and I know I'll be a sad Sunday league football/Rugby devotee long after my mediocre talent and ropey fitness leaves me. 

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Like all young British boys, I grew up playing football, rugby and cricket.

I just leart from my history class that Brits were taught in Eton and then defeated Bonaparte in the Battle of Waterloo. It is cool that Brits are one of the most well-disciplined people in the world.

And just like any Indian, I grew in the arms of street cricket. I even play Crickt 07 in my computer. So yeah, coming to my next favorite sport: Videogames. :p

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:39 PM Edited by gn1992, 08 January 2014 - 01:40 PM.

@Gnad

I played online at pokerstars when it was still legal to do that in the US.

I've noticed a lot of players with "Canada" as their country... a LOT more..

and the PS pros from US (like Moneymaker) set their countries as Canada too

Probably a way to bypass it?

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

If you want to chat about it further we can do it through PMs so we don't clutter this topic but the US online poker pros aren't simply setting their country of origin to Canada, they moved. Europe is another popular destination. It's so sad really. I can't even play Texas Holdem online and I live in Texas! At least most, if not all US states, still allow home games. I know for me, as long as the house doesn't have a rake, it's perfectly legal.
  • gn1992 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users