GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

I was curious to hear about why people sleep with their cellphones. There's really no need for any personal attacks.

That's quite rich considering you opened your thread with such a dismissive and presumptuous attitude. If you didn't want some negative responses, then maybe don't start your thread the way you did. :turn:  

I sleep with my phone on the other side of my room, and turn it off so that drunken friends can't wake me from my precious slumber. I use it as my alarm, and like Universetwisters I like to have to actually get up and turn it off, otherwise I just end up going back to sleep if it's next to me. 

• epoxi likes this

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by lucid121, 08 January 2014 - 07:44 PM.

I sleep with my phone, everyday, and I love it. I have a question though. Can a cellphone become pregnant?
  • Shah Sam likes this

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

It doesn't go with me in the bed, but I keep it next to me. Like everyone else, it serves as an alarm clock.

But I try to use it as little as possible because of the radiation and all. I especially avoid carrying it in my pocket. Not to mention that the small screen hurts my eyesight. 

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Yes. Plugged in and under the edge of my pillow at the corner of the mattress. It's my alarm clock, and I wouldn't be able to wake up for work without it in the mornings. I get pretty OCD about how many times I check the alarm before placing it under my pillow at night.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

No. We are just friends.

I put it (like other people here) somewhere far enough from the bed so that I have to get up to turn off the alarm.

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

In the floor next to my bed, I have a real alarm to wake me up.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

No.

I sleep with my girlfriend.

• MarshalMoo likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

No I don't and I have no reason to either

Rarely, I may use it as an alarm but it won't be in my bed, it will be on a nearby table. :p

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

No.

I sleep with my girlfriend.

Haha :p

MarshalMoo
  • MarshalMoo

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

This topic is the dumbest question I've asked. Yes or no and why.

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

The phone is on my nightstand during the night because like so many others, I use it as an alarm.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

I sleep with my phone, everyday, and I love it. I have a question though. Can a cellphone become pregnant?

Where do you put your dick? I'm very eager to try this, but I am born with the disadvantage of having a normally sized dick.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

Where do you put your dick? I'm very eager to try this, but I am born with the disadvantage of having a normally sized dick.
Where you input the phone's charger. My battery becomes full after that.
  • Shah Sam likes this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:55 AM Edited by Danz., 09 January 2014 - 02:57 AM.

It's a very pre-teen thing to do. Why do you need to be available to text all night?

Wait a second. Are you theadmiral's new account? No other could be so invasive...

Anyway,  I sleep with it sometimes because I like listen to good music before sleeping and I often forget to remove headphones. JB is always in my list incase I want to have a nightmare.

MarshalMoo
  • MarshalMoo

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

It's a very pre-teen thing to do. Why do you need to be available to text all night?

Wait a second. Are you theadmiral's new account? No other could be so invasive...

Anyway,  I sleep with it sometimes because I like listen to good music before sleeping and I often forget to remove headphones. JB is always in my list incase I want to have a nightmare.

I'm not theadmiral's new account, no. I did join this forum because of theadmiral's GMO labeling topic, though. I really wanted to talk about labeling, but no one else did, apparently.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

Yes when I use it as an alarm clock. Why in the f*ck does everybody think that every teen that is on their phone texts all of the time? I text like twice a week but some people including teachers think I text all of the time. Hello! It is 2014! Phones have useful internet access these days!

I've found the 16-20 age period is the on your phone all the time period, the people I know younger than 20 are pretty active on Facebook and keep my notification buzzing. 

I sleep with my phone by my bed, I have it on flight mode for my alarm, i'm not supposed to in case work needs to call me, but I really, really do appreciate getting a full nights worth of sleep, it's detrimental not to, it's so beneficial to sleep properly, motivation, energy, outgoing-ness, problem solving skills, better reflexes, better mental health, everything really.

 dice
  •  dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Server SAMP 2009

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:04 AM Edited by dice, 09 January 2014 - 11:06 AM.

I have it by my bed and also fell a sleep a number of times while texting or browsing in bed and I don't see why this would be considered some pre-teen thing to do. The funny thing is nobody knows the exact consequences of prolonged exposure to phone radiation over a life long amount of time. I guess we're the first generation guinea pigs for this experiment.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

I keep it next to me (sidetable) for:

1. Alarm

2. Important calls 

3. Emergency (Po-po)

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Yes when I use it as an alarm clock. Why in the f*ck does everybody think that every teen that is on their phone texts all of the time? I text like twice a week but some people including teachers think I text all of the time. Hello! It is 2014! Phones have useful internet access these days!

I've found the 16-20 age period is the on your phone all the time period, the people I know younger than 20 are pretty active on Facebook and keep my notification buzzing. 
I sleep with my phone by my bed, I have it on flight mode for my alarm, i'm not supposed to in case work needs to call me, but I really, really do appreciate getting a full nights worth of sleep, it's detrimental not to, it's so beneficial to sleep properly, motivation, energy, outgoing-ness, problem solving skills, better reflexes, better mental health, everything really.
Whilst at school I am on my phone a lot when I have finished my work and other work from other classes. And I am usually here when I am on my phone. Some people I know stay on their phone all night at home! I only use my phone when I cannot use my laptop or don't habe it at the moment.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

what do you mean by "sleep with" your phone?

I sleep with my phone within arms reach, but it's not in the bed with me.

does that count?

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

Not after the other night I had a person that I designed a website for call me at 12 am now I shut off my phone at 7pm because I'm not being paid enough to be available 24/7, the cell phone is on my headboard charging incase there is an emergency (like a break in....that is also why I keep a baseball bat and Baton strategically placed around my house)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users