Photo

Tank Endurance Tests and Results

52 replies to this topic
Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

Why are you reading this?

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:22 AM Edited by Kelvin_00, 28 March 2014 - 12:32 AM.

Daimondl and I constructed and tested several tests to see how long exactly it took to blow someone up in a tank. I have already tested several of these experiments and have  provided them in the results as well. We tested: RPG, Grenade Launchers, Mini-gun, Sticky Bombs attached to the tank, Sticky Bombs attached to a car, Jet Rocket and guns, Buzzard rocket and gun, and The Annihilator.

The purpose for this thread is to show the quickest, and easiest solution to solving a tank griefer. The best way to do any of this is to call Lester and request to be hidden off the radar. Once off the radar get behind the tank somehow and then proceed to attack.

The tests mainly consisted of us shooting either the back or the front of the tank. All tanks were tested at 100% health and were not damaged any other way before. All tests had an occupant inside to provide more realistic results, (non-occupied tanks have lower health then occupied tanks.)

From basic explosion tests it appears the back has about half the damage of the front. However, testing the guns proved that it is not half. 

Results

- RPG - 6 shots to the back, 12 to the front. 

- Mini-gun - 1050 rounds to the Back*, 15,000 to the front.** 

- Grenade Launcher - 8 shots to the back, 16 shots to the front.

- Sticky Bombs - 27 on back, 50+ on front (we both ran out starting with 25 each, Most likely will not be able to do this to a tank griefer). (EDIT: one stick bomb was placed and then detonated before another was put on, result may differ if multiple were added at the same time)

- Sticky Bomb on car - 1 car with 5 Sticky's on hood to the back, 3 cars with 5 Sticky's on front.

- Jet - 6 rockets to back, 12 rockets to the front. 5 seconds of constant shooting to the back, over 1 minute of constant shooting to front, (I assume it is the same amount as the Mini-gun)

Buzzard - 6 rockers to the back, 12 rockets to the front. Again, 15 seconds of constant shooting to back, over 3 minutes of constant shooing to the front (also suspected of being same as Mini-gun and jet)

Annihilator -  5 - 15 seconds of constant shooting to the back, nearly 2 minutes of constant shooting to the front of the the tank. (Annihilator was recently buffed in a post patch update)

(Edit: Tested again tonight with vehicles, I suppose we were glitched because the times for front and back were dramatically different. Will follow up tomorrow to see if its random, or if level affects.)

If anyone has any other requests surrounding tank endurance please ask.

* = + or - 100 bullets according to when it actually blew up.

** = + or - 500 bullets according to bullet spray and missing.

Results for tank endurance without a player inside; http://gtaforums.com...ce-test-result/

Credit and thanks; Daimondl for weapon tests, and my good friend x_wingfighter33 for collecting the vehicles we used in tests.

• soundism, Alix626, Sky_Light12 and 6 others like this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

The tank is quite whimpy

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:25 AM Edited by Silver_Paladin, 08 January 2014 - 01:25 AM.

27 sticky bombs on back? wtf are you smoking. when i want to bail my tank whether its damaged or not all it takes is 4-5 to any part to blow it up

• gn1992 likes this

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

27 sticky bombs on back? wtf are you smoking. when i want to bail my tank whether its damaged or not all it takes is 4-5 to any part to blow it up

Thats what we got, ill do another test to see.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

The best weapon against tanks is the Lazer's machine gun.

A few rounds are enought to blow up a tank with zero damage.

banyo
  • banyo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Very nice! You can post those numbers on the Support to prove how overpowered tanks are; 27 stickies on the back and 50 on the front wtf o.o

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

All the tank I used, and including the tank I used with the Lazer was at 0 damage and was not moved when I shot it in the back.

Tested again, The tank with someone inside is different then with someone not inside. Without a player inside it takes 4 or 5 sticky's. With a player inside we got 27 again.

• aXsMatrix likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

All the tank I used, and including the tank I used with the Lazer was at 0 damage and was not moved when I shot it in the back.
Strange, yesterday I had a fight with a crew full of tank griefers, and successfully destroyed about 8 tanks, it took me a couple of passes for each tank, but that's because of my low accuracy in most shots.

I'm interested, would be cool if you could do another test with the Lazer.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

Tested again, The tank with someone inside is different then with someone not inside. Without a player inside it takes 4 or 5 sticky's. With a player inside we got 27 again.

So it does take 27 sticky bombs in the back ? 

• Distrom likes this

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

Strange, yesterday I had a fight with a crew full of tank griefers, and successfully destroyed about 8 tanks, it took me a couple of passes for each tank, but that's because of my low accuracy in most shots.

I'm interested, would be cool if you could do another test with the Lazer.

If my friend gets on later i will definitely test again.

J_L_K_64
  • J_L_K_64

NOT a Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

your tests only indicate non occupied tanks, which will hardly ever happen in real play, you should of done the tests while occupied

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:46 AM Edited by Kelvin_00, 08 January 2014 - 01:50 AM.

your tests only indicate non occupied tanks, which will hardly ever happen in real play, you should of done the tests while occupied

All of these tests are of occupied tanks. There's a link in the bottom that will send you to a test with non-occupied tanks.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:47 AM Edited by Daimondl, 08 January 2014 - 01:47 AM.

This thread and mine specify how much it takes with and without a driver, this test of Kelvin are with a driver. So I can guarantee this numbers are real.

My thread: http://gtaforums.com...ts-and-results/

• Kelvin_00 likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

All you need is 1 mugger and 1 heavy sniper.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

To destroy a tank ? That's a strategy to take down the driver, not the tank.

Alix626
  • Alix626

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

thanks for taking the time to find this out! Very useful indeed.

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

thanks for taking the time to find this out! Very useful indeed.

You're welcome. Good luck, hope this helps you in your battles with tank fags.

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

Yes but sometimes you need to get rid of the tank. And by blowing it up quick many of the younger players will rage.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

45 seconds of lazer minigun fire. That sounds absurd. The explosive rounds would take it down much much quicker would it not?

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

GTA Online 1.17 Retiree.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

45 seconds of lazer minigun fire. That sounds absurd. The explosive rounds would take it down much much quicker would it not?

It really depends on the angle you hit a Rhino from. Getting the back end will destroy in in 2-3 seconds.

45 seconds from the front seems a little excessive, but it kind of makes sense, with how armored it is there.

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

It really depends on the angle you hit a Rhino from. Getting the back end will destroy in in 2-3 seconds.

45 seconds from the front seems a little excessive, but it kind of makes sense, with how armored it is there.

Yeah i redid the test with my friend x_wing and this time I shot him instead of me shooting him. Idk is lag played a role in the different results or what.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Well I destroyed a Rhino in Freeroam with a constant shooting at the back for no more than 2 seconds (While in the air and the tank had a driver) and it got destroyed. 

But take this in consideration,  kelvin and me tested it with a minigun in the front and it took 15,000 rounds to explode, so it could be true.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

The Buzzard's co-pilot rockets are the funniest way of dealing with a tank because the tank can't do a single thing against you if you hover at a good height above it.

• meatrocket8 likes this

Aero Dynamo
  • Aero Dynamo

Lethal Xbox Gaming Crew [LXG]

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

This Thread deserves its glory back.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:00 PM Edited by Sky_Light12, 27 March 2014 - 01:00 PM.

umm.... u forgot the tank's engine is not immune aganist bullets . so it takes about 200++ minigun bullets to destroy one , this makes the tank so realistic ( ironically , setting the engine fire via gasoline or molotov do minimal damages ) . this idea founded at GTA wikia

CarcerCityMadMan
  • CarcerCityMadMan

Trick

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:02 PM Edited by CarcerCityMadMan, 27 March 2014 - 01:07 PM.

lazer guns can drop a tank in around 10 seconds max,i have a friend who is an ace he does 1 or 2 passes tanks are gone,ive seen him drop 3 tanks in around a min of flying.mince meat to whoever drives a tank when hes around,he drops in vertical over top were they cant aim.....and then theres the...nevermind

• LightningLord411 likes this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Not sure what to think about it...

For practical reasons, you could have tested that with the Content Creator, ammo and vehicles for free. Or maybe you did.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

Very interesting. With the mingun I assume you mean 1,050 rounds to the back? You said front twice. I'm not sure what the rate of fire is for the minigun, but that would actually make it quite effective against tanks, no?

Pretty weird how it takes so much fewer sticky bombs when you attach them to a car. Have you tried putting 5 sticky bombs on the back of the tank at once? Maybe the damage increases exponentially when you use multiple sticky bombs.

Also, the back of the tank, is that only the back panel, or can you hit the back end of the sides or the top of the back end?

Bombshock
  • Bombshock

Bassraptor

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Good work,OP.Respect.
So the most effective way currently to destroy tanks is Lazer Minigunning.

Spade115
  • Spade115

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

I was fighting a guy with a tank and put 5 sticky bombs on the side ive blown up tanks w/drivers like this before when i detonated it did nothing but rocked the tank. they are more powerful now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users