Photo

Tank endurance test result

34 replies to this topic
Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:41 PM Edited by Daimondl, 14 March 2014 - 06:46 AM.

Since the amount of tanks on Freeroam is increasing, I will give you the amount of damage a tank can endure, not the ways of not being killed by the tank, so have this in mind.

I've tested several ways to destroy a tank in cooperation with two players who helped me with this test.

First of all, all of the explosives in the test without a driver were tested on the back of the tank (Where the white square is).

AaHRaxg.jpg

The results without a driver are:

The lack of a driver decreases the armor of the tank.

• It takes 4 RPG's in the back of the tank to destroy it.
  • 1800 rounds of a minigun in the back of the tank
  • 5 sticky bombs planted on the front of a DeClasse Granger or alone (Stock, it was not Personal Vehicle) going straight to the back of the tank, got destroyed immediately (Make sure to detonate the bombs)
  • 4 or 5 rounds of the granade launcher.
  • 10 or so fragmentation grenades aimed to the back of the tank (Not all the grenades hit the back of the tank)

Anything in the front of the tank it should double the resistance.

Sniper Rifle 

RECENTY PATCHED

The most common way to kill a driver is by using the sniper rifle (Heavy and standard).
To be able to shoot a driver in a tank you need a minimum distance of 2 ingame blocks. Anything closer than 2 blocks and you won't be able to shoot him, anything further than 2 blocks and you will be succesful.

Note: If you see the bullet of the sniper rifle hit the tank, you're not far enough.

You can kill a tank driver at ground level, but it's more difficult given the movement and requiered distance to take the shoot. So the most recomendable thing to do is go to a high building, for example the Arcadius Business Center is perfect for this, so as the Weazel Plaza and Richards magestic.

EVIOIQi.jpg

As highlighted in the image, that's the spot where you have to shoot the tank with a Sniper Rifle (Where the driver sits, right below the hatch), and it will take you a few tries before you get a succesful kill. 

Overall, shoot the highlighted area with a sniper rifle in a minimum distance of 2 blocks between you and the tank, circle your shots around the highlighted area.

Should also be noted you can snipe the tank from any angle, so long as you aim for the drivers's section.

-EyeMacHunt

Jet machine gun

The most effective to destroy a tank is by air, so the P-996 Lazer (Military Jet) is an efficient way to do it, but requieres good aim and flying skill.

It's pretty straight forward, locate your target (Works better in open areas for people who don't use the Jet often, but you're exposed of being exploded by the tank) and use the machine guns, preferably on the back of the tank (But if you can't do it, any place of the tank is good). Missiles don't have auto lock on tanks. 

Don't use missiles, use the machine guns.

Fly above the tank in a secure height, don't fly too low since the tank could easily shot you down. Unload the the machine guns in the tank periodically and  the tank will be destroyed.

With a driver, the results were different:

When a tank has a driver, the number of explosions required to destroy the tank is different than a tank with no driver. So, it takes more damage.

Me and Kelvin tested the tank with a driver and the results were different.

6 RPG's in the back of the tank and 12 or so in the front
8 rounds of the Grenade Launcher in the back and 15 in the front
15,000 rounds of minigun in the front and about 1500 or so in the back
27 or so sticky bombs in the back (5 in 5) In the front it should double the number (Don't take this as a final number, we'll test this again)

If you have any questions of I wasn't clear enough, just ask.

Visit Kelvin thread for tests with Buzzard, Jet  and Annihilator http://gtaforums.com...ts-and-results/
Note: The results may vary between me and kevin, but they are close.

Avoid unnecessary or aggressive comments, this is an informative thread.

Thanks to braves114fan and kelvin_00 for the help provided.
My english is not good, so, excuse me.

• TheIllaDopest, Khaos89, WBaker and 2 others like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

good luck managing getting behind a tank

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

As I said, I won't give the strategy to sneak behind a tank, I give you the damage it can take.

• Cincy32 likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

As I said, I won't give the strategy to sneak behind a tank, I give you the damage it can take.

there IS no strategy unless the tank driver is a complete idiot lol

unless you're talking about going off radar and the sticky bomb kamikaze

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

unless you're talking about going off radar and the sticky bomb kamikaze

That's what I am talking about, off radar, mugger, kamikaze, parachuting, etc. 

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Thanks for this. Let us know if having a driver makes a difference. 4 grenade launcher shots sounds light, so we'll see. 

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for this. Let us know if having a driver makes a difference. 4 grenade launcher shots sounds light, so we'll see. 

No problem, I just need someone available to help me with this.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Met this teen in a tank once. He didn't realize I was behind him when I respawned so I unloaded my grenade launcher. I said "Lol, idiot".

SurfaceNoise
  • SurfaceNoise

改性

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Driver in the tank does make a difference. Took my friend 7 RPG shots in the arse to get me blown up.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

Should also be noted you can snipe the tank from any angle, so long as you aim for the drivers's section.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Driver in the tank does make a difference. Took my friend 7 RPG shots in the arse to get me blown up.

Damn, thanks for clearing that up.

Anyone available now on PS3 to test the tank with a driver (I don't have a tank myself, but I will replenish your K/D ratio when finished)

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

Yeah having it tested with a person there would be interesting, good work though.

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

Why are you reading this?

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Not that i don't trust your findings, I would have waited until i find someone to sit inside. 4 grenade launchers to the back sounds tiny compared to the reality.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

That's correct, but I feel it works better when the tank is very distant. For example, from the top of the Arcadius Business Center to the entrance of LS Customs near Tinsel Towers.

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Anyone available now on PS3 to test the tank with a driver (I don't have a tank myself, but I will replenish your K/D ratio when finished)

PSN: kelvin_00 

ill assist to help your research. 

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Not that i don't trust your findings, I would have waited until i find someone to sit inside. 4 grenade launchers to the back sounds tiny compared to the reality.

Yeah, excuse me, I thought having a driver in the tank didn't make a difference, turns out it did. 
I will test this again as soon as I find someone on PS3 willing to test this (Exept the part of the Sniper Rifle, that's cleared up)

Awesome, I'll add you, are you available now to test this in a closed session ?

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, excuse me, I thought having a driver in the tank didn't make a difference, turns out it did. 
I will test this again as soon as I find someone on PS3 willing to test this (Exept the part of the Sniper Rifle, that's cleared up)

Awesome, I'll add you, are you available now to test this in a closed session ?

yes online waiting.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:34 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 07 January 2014 - 11:36 PM.

i killed one w the RPG the other day it took 5 shots before the tank caught on fire. and i am not sure if the tank had any prior damage that may have helped lower the number of shots.

also i found the grenade launcher too difficult to use on a tank, the driver would move the tank in time to miss the grenades.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

i killed one w the RPG the other day it took 5 shots before the tank caught on fire. and i am not sure if the tank had any prior damage that may have helped lower the number of shots.

also i found the grenade launcher too difficult to use on a tank, the driver would move the tank in time to miss the grenades.

The grenade launcher is not effective for the reasons you mentioned, but you can surprise them.

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

how many shots from a pistol will it take?

• SchwartzJesuz likes this

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

how many shots from a pistol will it take?

I don't have the whole day to find out, if someone does, it would be awesome.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

The problem with the 5 sticky bombs attached to the hood of a car and approaching from the back is I don't think the sticky bombs detonate if you run up under the tank and it explodes you before you can detonate the bombs. I only say that because I HAVE destroyed tanks when it said "BoJack has killed so-and-so", but when I accidentally run up under the tank and it says THEY killed ME, their tanks don't explode. So it just makes me wonder if you definitely need to make sure you detonate before being exploded by THEM.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

Oh look, another tank ripping up the lobby. <sigh>

But, wait! I'm on top of my apartment building and I've got my sniper rifle! hehehehe....

tumblr_mpatvb1C291qcmk4ho7_250.gif

Good tips, OP! Thx! ;)

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:20 AM Edited by Daimondl, 08 January 2014 - 02:39 AM.

Alright, me and Kelvin tested the tank with a driver and the results were different.

With a driver, the results were different:

6 RPG's in the back of the tank and 15 in the front
8 rounds of the Grenade Launcher in the back and 15 in the front
15,000 rounds of minigun in the front and about 1500 or so in the back

I've already put this in the main post.

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

If I find the time I might be able to take your findings and put a video together. My brother has an Elgato.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:34 AM Edited by Daimondl, 08 January 2014 - 02:39 AM.

If I find the time I might be able to take your findings and put a video together. My brother has an Elgato.

That would be great, make sure to visit Kevin's thread to find an exact number between our results http://gtaforums.com...ts-and-results/

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

Oh look, another tank ripping up the lobby. <sigh>

But, wait! I'm on top of my apartment building and I've got my sniper rifle! hehehehe....

tumblr_mpatvb1C291qcmk4ho7_250.gif

Good tips, OP! Thx! ;)

Lol, thank you.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

Be sure to read the main post, I've added Kevin results with a driver and my results without a driver. 

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:08 AM

Nice muppet news flash. I will use it inside of my fave glitched bldg.

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

Nice muppet news flash. I will use it inside of my fave glitched bldg.

Not sure what that means.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users