Greatest moments in music history

13 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

I would live to discuss the greatest moments in music history.

Did you know in 1987 after The Smiths broke up a crazed fan took over a Denver Radio Station holding DJ's hostage demanding they play nothing but Smiths albums...http://blogs.westwor...ostage_1987.php

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

I play just what I feel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

this is my favorite moment: at 1:23 jimi hendrix discovers he is out of tune and does a hilarious face

• RoadRunner71 likes this

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Phil Collins going solo.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

How about that Mozart?

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

When Miles Davis and Jimi Hendrix jammed together, but apparently it was never recorded so nobody will ever hear it.

Plank.
  • Plank.

master trole 2015

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

Earliest known sound recording:

Without this, we wouldn't have use for microphones, records, CDs and MP3s. Okay, we probably would, but it would have stunted sound recording technology to a much later date.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

When Miles Davis and Jimi Hendrix jammed together, but apparently it was never recorded so nobody will ever hear it.

I think that's a rumor.

Hendrix wanted to form a supergroup with Davis and Paul McCartney (among others).

but I never heard that they actually got a chance to jam together.

http://www.guitarwor...y-come-out-play

• DeafMetal likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

I think that's a rumor.

Hendrix wanted to form a supergroup with Davis and Paul McCartney (among others).

but I never heard that they actually got a chance to jam together.

http://www.guitarwor...y-come-out-play

In his autobiography, Miles Davis stated that they both jammed in Hendrix's apartment a few times.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:06 PM Edited by El_Diablo, 12 January 2014 - 07:07 PM.

aw sh*t I never trust autobios.

people always turn dreams into reality and/or aggrandize to some extent.

I tend to trust bios by respected, secondhand authors long before most autobios. I would love to believe it, too! it wouldn't be the first time I've heard about those mysterious jam sessions, but aside from Jimi's letters to the Beatles there's no other accounts. and as legendary as that kind of jam would be despite how brief it may have lasted, I can't believe no one took a single photo when it happened :(

I wish there were audio proof as much as a picture or two.

Jimi and Miles on the same track would be one of the greatest moments in all of music. they both were on the verge of creating funk.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:56 PM Edited by headmetalbanger, 12 January 2014 - 08:58 PM.

1970 - First Black Sabbath album released, Heavy Metal born in this album.

1980 - NWOBHM explosion, many bands now famous release his first debut album, bands like: Iron Maiden, Saxon, Angel Witch and many others.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Vietnam

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

Suede performing Animal Nitrate at the Brit awards in 1993. It's generally considered to be the start of Britpop and the end of any credibility grunge had in the UK. In an era where that nebbish git Kurt Cobain was the be all and end all of music and back acne reigned supreme, Suede had to bust onto the scene and remind us that being cool was all about being sleek sexy and rebellious, not wearing flannel shirts and refusing to cut like, your hair man.

Plus, it's pretty great watching Brett Anderson slap his bum with the microphone while a sea of bored record company executives wonder where Phil Collins went.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

This:

Started it all. It was the signal for Brits to sail their music across the pond and basically the spark that created modern music as we know it, both good and bad.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

This:

Started it all. It was the signal for Brits to sail their music across the pond and basically the spark that created modern music as we know it, both good and bad.

Definitely.

I just saw something pretty neat on some PBS program about 1964, it featured the Ed Sullivan appearance as well as this photo shoot:

tumblr_kuiw1ghnhR1qz51wko1_500.jpg

Apparently the top boxer at the time - Sonny Liston turned down the shoot as soon as he saw the Beatles... he said something about them being "too fruity".. Cassius Clay accepted the shoot, and later beat the hell outta Liston for the title.

Not entirely about music, but just an interesting tidbit that involved 2 of the most historic entities in their respective fields.

• DeafMetal likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

all the disney movies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users